The Arcade Stick and Convertor Thread & List

@ExMachina: like i said, i think dual wireless can still be done if you wanna give it a try. guess i can give it a try on my own and try to sell the stick afterwards.

I haven't looked through the thread entirely, but is there any really good converters out there where I can use my Xbox controller on a PS3? If so, can one of yall link me to a site where I can get one?

Anyone know where I can buy a Pelican ps2>ps3 converter? I've looked everywhere and can't find one. I heard they were discontinued. I still have my tekken 5 bundle stick.

They exist, but they're expensive and don't work well with peripherals (read: sticks). The XFPS is the most well known.

I'm in the market for a good PS3 stick that is as -quiet- as possible without going to the laser technology I've been hearing about (those are apparently insanely hard to get, or replace if/when it gets broken). Anyone have any recommendations?

I've mentioned this before but nobody really took me up on it. I have four converters from radio shack that work great IF you have a PS1 pcb in your stick. I can't find them for sale anymore but I do have 4 or 5 of them on me if anyone is interested.

I got the hook up down here on my sticks. One of our local guys brought one of my sticks back from the dead. A modded cube SC2 hori with custom sc3 graphic. Purple-ish pink sanwa buttons with white ball too jlf. He put in a home button and lined the pcb up on the side with a slot for charging without having to open the bottom.

In addition, he wired my ps2 sc2 hori to a wired 360 pcb. Thus I have a stick for both systems and he didi it for free since I had all the parts. I gave him my old happ stick in a red octane case w 10 happ comp buttons and threw in 4 new sanwa buttons.

to the best of my knowledge, there are no xbox or 360>ps3 converters. the only ps2>360 is the xfps is like $80 and it lags horribly. you're going to have trouble finding a pelican ps2>3 and if you do expect to pay>$50 for it.

unfortunately, your best option this gen is to mod your stick for new/multiple systems.

Ok I got to find out who in our crew has a ps1 pcb in there stick and test the radio shack adaptet. If its golden, then you would be able to use your stick on ps2 and ps3.

Question, how hard is it to mod one of those 360 sc/doa sticks if I'm going to swap out the stick and buttons and put in either a ps3 or wired 360 controller pcb in there?

depends on your skills. i think it's a fairly simple mod (but that's compared to building a custom with all the frills from scratch). you have to modify the case (button holes, joystick mount) which you can do with a dremel if that's all you have available. the jlf/ls32 sticks don't fit easily in the hori fs.

http://www.godspu.com/pics/ex2_seimitsu.JPG

why would you want to replace a 360 pcb with a 360 pcb?

I had read that the stock pcb had to be modded to fit sanwa buttons. Thought it might be easier to just hack a pad but that's pure speculation.

Are the button holes too small for sanwa buttons as is? Or will they go right in?

As for the stick, its the same as modding any other hori case right? Sand down the posts and cut the sides off the stick? Right?

it's easier to ditch the daughter board for the buttons and run wires to them. the holes are a bit too small and have to have the tabs ground down to fit the buttons. the case is short, so you'll probably have to do one of the many methods of fitting a jlf in a short case (top plate mount, swap sick parts, or cut a hole in the bottom plate) i've never put a jlf in one though, just an ls-32 and i don't knoe the height difference in the 2.

OK, so I was just experimenting with putting a JLF in an EX2. What I found is that, if you take off the mounting plate of the JLF, you've actually got four specific holes that you can use to mount the thing.

The screws that go through the shitty white plastic-y stick case frame bullshit that Hori uses; you can actually use those to secure a JLF and a gate (drilled through the four holes) to the EX2. The caveat is that you'd have to grind down some hexed holes in the JLF in order to get it to fit nicely and at height, and even with that I think it would still be too tall to put the case cover back on. You'd also have to grind down some of the white "lip" that lies against the control panel.

I'll post some pics if you want seneca & godspu. I didn't because it looks like too much trouble to mod, and I'll probably just build one from scratch with all the arcade parts I've got lying around now.

OK, so I was just experimenting with putting a JLF in an EX2. What I found is that, if you take off the mounting plate of the JLF, you've actually got four specific holes that you can use to mount the thing.

The screws that go through the shitty white plastic-y stick case frame bullshit that Hori uses; you can actually use those to secure a JLF and a gate (drilled through the four holes) to the EX2. The caveat is that you'd have to grind down some hexed holes in the JLF in order to get it to fit nicely and at height, and even with that I think it would still be too tall to put the case cover back on. You'd also have to grind down some of the white "lip" that lies against the control panel.

I'll post some pics if you want seneca & godspu. I didn't because it looks like too much trouble to mod, and I'll probably just build one from scratch with all the arcade parts I've got lying around now.

Thanks for the legwork. Sounds like a lot of work. Scrap that idea.

My ps3 stick stopped working a few times the other night. Battery was charged but it would die for a couple seconds. Did the same thing when I had a ps1 pcb in there a while back. Any ideas why this would happen? Can it be the sc2 hori case? Could I have damaged the micro swithes by wiring the ground and action switches incorrectly before putting them the right way on the stick? Two different pcb's, same result.

I came into a little money and I'm thinking of ordering a custom stick. Tested a dual shock 1 controller w my radio shack adapter and it was all good. So I'm thinking of using that pcb for my custom. Ill just be wired :(

Do ps extension chords cause any lag? Cuz the controller chord is short.

I'd suggest wired controllers myself.

IMO, probability of battery failing during a tournament is much greater than stick components breaking.

Probability of battering failing during a tournament if you put in fresh batteries right before your match; none. But why even risk it? IMO: wired.

My PS3 stick is working fine for now, I just don't know when it will decide to just stop working. I did open it up and flip the battery over to a side that has tape on it so it's not touching the metal bottom. Maybe that was it. My other Hori is getting re-modded with a 360 and PS1 pcb in there. Will use it with my radio shack adapter and if for some reason that stops working, I will pony up and get one of those pelican adapters.

But I'm really wanting to get a custom stick. Sure it's just a little much, considering I'll have two next gen sticks that work just fine. If anything, I might try to sell one of them, who knows. Maybe just wrap them in a plastic bag and save them for a rainy day. The way I've been with sticks, who knows. I had a byrdo stick with a optical JLF in there, didn't like it, and sold it. Con modded a Namco stick with white sanwa's and a white ball top JLF, that stick was sweet, and I sold that. Sold my first two Byrdo sticks as well, in Red Octane cases. Why? Who knows. I'll always kick myself for ditching that Sanwa Flash. Byrdo made one with a Sanwa Flash about 6 months ago, not sure if he has anymore flash sticks, or if those would even be good with a PS3 pcb. Probably kill the battery a lot faster so I would HAVE to get one with a PS1 pcb, and probably get a pelican adapter.

I'm rambling....

Back