The Arcade Stick and Convertor Thread & List

Well when you say "just about every fighting game" you usually assume PS2 is in there somewhere. Haha.

Though I guess PS3 BC might be adequate.

You could get a 360 stick, wire in some extra wires for a PS1 PCB, then have dual output, which would only cost you a few bucks more.

Actually since no 360 stick comes with a common ground PCB afaik, you have to do it in the opposite direction. Haha.

I got my SCIV stick today (the HORI one). I love it. My first stick. So far it's fun. i changed the button config to the "B" setting, so i have guard on my thumb, and then A, B, K, SWT on the other fingers, with my grabs below my first two fingers, and CF hiding on the R2 button.

Seems like the best layout possible with this stick.

yeah, i don't know why the offiaial sc4 stick doesn't come with the official sc button layout lol. i've been rewiring them whenever i change the buttons out for sanwas.

yeah, i don't know why the offiaial sc4 stick doesn't come with the official sc button layout lol. i've been rewiring them whenever i change the buttons out for sanwas.

It's only official because it has SC4 artwork on it :/ Hori's SF4 sticks have the same HRAP3 layout as well but I guess thats still better than the HFS3's layout.

whats up everyone

Ok, since i got on SF HD Remix, i now completely understand the value of a good stick. And my Hori EX2 now has its Y button stick, making fierce punches suck
All the stick makers out there, please hit me up on AIM at CellPhonesKill. I am serious about buying a well made stick that can work on both PS3 and 360 so i can kick ass in HD Remix

Note to you guys:

I might be doing a run of custom sticks for my holiday break/the beginning of next quarter. I'll post in this thread (or make a new one advertising it later).

I don't know what we'd have, so I'd like to get your guys opinion on what you want available if we were to make a bunch of them. We might do custom orders, and we might just do a large batch of sticks.

Feedback would be apprecated. Thanks!

Interesting. Got any pics of your previous work as far as sticks go, Ignis?

I would really be interested in a wireless 360/PS3 stick, since it is a pain in the ass having to sit next to the console or get extension cables when you're playing on a huge screen.

as far as i've seen, there are no common ground wireless ps3 pads to hack so dual system wirelesss is near impoossible. i say near because i believe it can be done with a 6pdt switch which will handle switching the data lines as well as the 4 seperate groung groupings on the ps3 pad

Interesting. Got any pics of your previous work as far as sticks go, Ignis?

I would really be interested in a wireless 360/PS3 stick, since it is a pain in the ass having to sit next to the console or get extension cables when you're playing on a huge screen.

A) The only thing we've done is mod Hori EX2s. (Pics are attached.) My friends and I are all gonna try making sticks, and we actually have a bunch of older (Read as: working adults) that actually enjoy woodworking and have all the necessary tools to do it well. And my friends and I like fiddling with electronics and could use the experience. Combined, we've got the people who can build an arcade controller. I've got the parts sitting here (all working!); I'll post pics and such around when we're done.

2) If I do dual-system sticks, it'll be wired: Probably Toodles' Cthulhu board for PS3/PC & a MadCatz 360 controller.

Pics:
--Sticks have been modded to have Seimitsu 30mm buttons. No other major changes. (We added an 8 way gate, added the art, etc etc.) Dragon stick had a logic error in it, still in the process of replacing it with new working EX2 guts. Gwendolyn still works fine, won me a tournament yesterday! (Woo!) We've modded a third one; it still works as well. No pics, my friend has it now.

Attachments

• n1062900225_30174821_6962.jpg
    n1062900225_30174821_6962.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 231
  • n1062900225_30174822_602.jpg
    n1062900225_30174822_602.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 244
godspu: Ah well, looks like a dual-console wireless stick will remain a fantasy for me then...

Ignis: I already have the PS3 situation covered with a custom stick/PS1 Namco and a Pelican adapter, but sometimes 360's the only console available. So I'm still interested in picking up a 360 stick at some point and those modded Hori EXs look right up my alley. Any idea on pricing yet?

If you just want a modded EX2, we can do that easily. I'll send you a PM right now about what it'll entail, and how much I'll charge (it won't be much, if anything at all; it's pretty easy).

Also, add me on your Steam friends list! We should do L4D! Cause L4D is just awesome.

or you could add 360 functionality to your ps1 custom and you wouldn't have to cart around 2 sticks

and if you're used to playing on a custom, you probably don't want to go back to the stock hori stick in the fs

Back