The art direction in this game is INSANE.

I think they could add more detail to the game, or atleast more effects to the characters. They already have the floor cracking up but they could do more things that effect the characters like dirty up thier clothing after a fight.
and tear the clothing up rather then making them vanish..
GohanUnconcious.jpg

But in SCIV, the existing character's clothes did tear. Take Ivy's 2p(Belle Set) for example: If you got a mid destruction, her right sleeve tore and the other one came off, leaving the glove. But the CAS version broke both sleeves AND gloves off. I don't know which you were referring to, but there's an example for both.

Wha-- am I the only one who likes to enjoy the game characters design? I hated the Armor break in SCIV >_<
I only hated how it was done, Id rather clothing tear up like in MK9 rather then disappear like in SC4.. that was horrible.
But in SCIV, the existing character's clothes did tear. Take Ivy's 2p(Belle Set) for example: If you got a mid destruction, her right sleeve tore and the other one came off, leaving the glove. But the CAS version broke both sleeves AND gloves off. I don't know which you were referring to, but there's an example for both.

I know that but, I mean more then just a little rip. If we're dealing with swords.

Well, from what I'm seeing, it looks almost like only a couple pieces of armor tear off from the characters during gameplay. Like for Pyrrha, her leggings and her cloak disappear, for Z.W.E.I., Maxi, Mitsurugi, their jacket/vest/haori disappears, for Patroklos, his jacket/shoulder pads disappear, for Viola, her hood/cape disappears, for Leixia, her sleeves disappear...etc.

I think they're making it so that only some pieces break off completely (no rip and tear, just completely off) from equipment, but it doesn't leave your character fighting without pants or in their underwear. I hope this also applies to CaS pieces, so it shouldn't be that problematic in a moral way (should you not want your parents walking in on you fighting as a boy in tighty whiteys).

Also, Ivy is the only one with rips and tears (a few tiny slash marks on her suit, not much to break off her suit lololol).

Well, from what I'm seeing, it looks almost like only a couple pieces of armor tear off from the characters during gameplay. Like for Pyrrha, her leggings and her cloak disappear, for Z.W.E.I., Maxi, Mitsurugi, their jacket/vest/haori disappears, for Patroklos, his jacket/shoulder pads disappear, for Viola, her hood/cape disappears, for Leixia, her sleeves disappear...etc.

I think they're making it so that only some pieces break off completely (no rip and tear, just completely off) from equipment, but it doesn't leave your character fighting without pants or in their underwear. I hope this also applies to CaS pieces, so it shouldn't be that problematic in a moral way (should you not want your parents walking in on you fighting as a boy in tighty whiteys).

Also, Ivy is the only one with rips and tears (a few tiny slash marks on her suit, not much to break off her suit lololol).
Im not afraid of my parents seeing digital bikinis. Im more concerned with the look of it. Its just stupid to me to watch clothing explode rather then they just tear and hang off their bodies

This is somewhat related to art :

How do you boys feel about the fact we know longer have camera cinematic cuts on power moves (non CE)?

Examples are X's 44B, nightmare's nss bA, 2nd hit of raph's VE B:B for example.

I suppose this is to preserve the uniqeness of CE cutscenes.

How do you boys feel about the fact we know longer have camera cinematic cuts on power moves (non CE)?

Maybe they’re just not programmed yet. Probably a lot easier to tweak balance that way. If not, though, then they’re probably also trying to appeal more to 2d fighter fans. My two cents. I personally like camera motion on "power moves."

Even if it stay in that way i'm fine with it,it make the action visually more fluid imho

I think they can do a bit better with the hair, close up, Pyrrha's hair looks rough and jagged unlike Tekken's latest adaption with graphics.

Back