The Cepheus Store thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what all this carrying on is about, I was serious.

Thank you for providing Namco with the money in exchange for shiny trinkets so we can get balance patches. I support western style capitalism, don't you?

If you believe this to be disingenuous; I implore you to examine the fact that you are too defensive for your own good.
Yes, you are being exploited for money.

So what? Yes the fruits of your labor are being used to pay the dev team to make more patches to balance the game for tournament players. So what?

Bunch of sissies up in here.
But you assume a false dichotomy of people that enjoy CaS and people that want a balanced game. You are also making blanketted value judgements that "your" way of enjoying the game is better then "their" way. And I know this to be true because if it were not, you would not have made a second attempt at "clarifying" what you first posted.

But thanks for playing the game! CaS would be half of what it is today if all you "serious" players hadn't spent YOUR hard earned money on shiny trinkets.

Yes the fruits of your labor are being used to pay the dev team to make more patches to balance the game for tournament players.
If buying CAS DLC is going to encourage Namco to do anything, it'll be to make more CAS DLC. There's not a whole lot of profit to be had from working on patches. It'll be really surprising if this patch isn't the last regardless of how well the DLC sells.

If buying DLC is going to encourage Namco to do anything, it'll be to make more DLC. There's not a whole lot of profit to be had from working on patches. It'll be really surprising if this patch isn't the last regardless of how well the DLC sells.
Thank you, thank you, and more thank you! Finally someone with a brain.

Haha oh you kids.

Do you even KNOW who the people on the dev team are? Their personalities and motives for making the game?

To clarify more for the ignoramuses out there: They are former tournament players. They brought in former tournament players to design the game. At all levels. They want the game to succeed and be a legitimate tournament fighter; because that is the pride they see in their work.

How do I know this? I left my house once in awhile and asked them about it, in person a few times.

Also, I don't have a problem with CaS. You guys are reading into me calling you filthy casuals. I'm not calling you that, I'm calling you cash-cows. Micro-transaction cash cows. There IS a difference.

Get educated before you spout nonsense about things you don't know. Having a post reply button doesn't make you privy to the practices of major companies- being involved with them does.

I understand that by buying these costume and music packs I am paying far more than I really should. I also realize that buy showing my support for these exploitative DLC packs, that I am sending a message that continued support of this game by Namco means more money for them.

Bring on the DLC.

EDIT: Also Jin and maido costumes are great. Spittin' truth, yo?

Sigh...can we get this thread back on track? Why haven't the rest of you put IdleMind and the rest of the internet tough guys on ignore yet?

Do you even KNOW who the people on the dev team are? Their personalities and motives for making the game?

To clarify more for the ignoramuses out there: They are former tournament players. They brought in former tournament players to design the game. At all levels. They want the game to succeed and be a legitimate tournament fighter; because that is the pride they see in their work.
I use to be optimistic, too.

Then I read the patch notes.

IdleMind is right, though. The wording might have left a bit to be desired, but he wasn't being sarcastic when he thanked the CaSers. Hell, I'm happy to be a cash cow, and I'll tell you why.

By ensuring this game is competitively viable as well as continuing to create content, Namco can only gain, and so can all of its players. With the recent explosion of the fighting game scene, getting your game publicity is more important and more doable than ever. Tournaments all over the world are watched via stream by hundreds, and people travel all over the country, sometimes even internationally, to compete. If Soul Calibur V isn't competitively viable, it won't be played in tournaments. Thus it drops from tournaments all over, the biggest one of all EVO. Which means that there won't be people streaming it (and thus nobody gets to see it), and competitive players will spend their time (and money!) elsewhere. Which means there's no point in supporting it anymore. Thus, the game dies not unlike SCIV did.

By making sure SCV stays competitively viable, everyone wins. Tournaments have SCV as one of their games, people play, and footage gets streamed. New players see it, and are attracted to purchasing it as well as its content expansions. Which means that the game will continue to be supported with new content. When people buy the content, that funds more balance research in addition to the creation of new content. And as long as people continue to play SCV, the cycle can continue. In reality, tournament players and casual players work together to keep the game thriving. It's a symbiotic relationship, not a parasitic one. I love this game. It clicks with me better than any 2D fighter ever has, so I want it to thrive. I want to play it for years to come.

I'm not sure my wording was particularly apt either, but I think I got the point across. So how about we all start getting along, hmm?

I don't know what all this carrying on is about, I was serious.

Thank you for providing Namco with the money in exchange for shiny trinkets so we can get balance patches. I support western style capitalism, don't you?

If you believe this to be disingenuous; I implore you to examine the fact that you are too defensive for your own good.
Yes, you are being exploited for money.

So what? Yes the fruits of your labor are being used to pay the dev team to make more patches to balance the game for tournament players. So what?

Bunch of sissies up in here.
I'm serious in saying you're welcome. I know for a fact the stuff in the CS is going to cost more than it should.. just look at Ace Combat's DLC. I still buy that too, because I want it and it does support the developers. The more they make on DLC, the more DLC they'll make.

Hilarious rebuttal time!

Allow me to use a metaphor. If purchasing stuff from the Cepheus Store is like having sex with a woman, I wouldn't fuck it with a stolen dick, because it's so goddamn (exploitative, shallow and grossly) ugly.

Why not buy it just to make the patches easier for the developers? I mean you have talked to them and I am guessing respect them enough to throw a little extra money there way. You are hardly being exploited if you know where the money is going to be put to use.

Otherwise you are just betting on other people being stupid enough to fund your own interests. Not that I can say I blame you or anything.

Needless to say there's a lot of animosity in this thread. Nonetheless, I absolutely can't wait for the character 1p outfits! Especially Elysium's. The Pac Man and other miscellaneous pack of things are priceless. Maid costumes are cool too.

All we can do is put them on ignore and try to keep the thread on track.
Offtopic:
It really isn't that hard to just not respond to their posts. That's showing that you're ignoring them than announcing "I'm ignoring this jerk" and pressing the useless ignore feature lol.

Other than that, Pocky Yoshi chuckles at you. I understand you think they're meanies, but they aren't. They're just blunt and to the point. If you can't take it, then why bother posting at all online?

It's one thing to argue like gentlemen when you don't agree on things. And another to argue because you don't like someone....which is childish. Granted I know how it is, but that didn't stop me from being respectful and appreciating them for being honest. You can't let something small as this get to you or you will make yourself look stupid. Common sense.

Ontopic:
Anyways, Pocky Yoshi is a competitive hardcore soul with a CAS fetish like no other. He will have sex have a lot of fun admiring new CAS and enjoying patches.....

This might come off as a rhetorical question, but pardon my stupidty please. Are there pictures of the ancient armor anywhere?

Here's what I'm questioning: as much as I like being able to use 1P and 2P equipment from SCV, why do we need dlc to use it? Why not just have the patch give us access to them?

Because they aren't on the disc. That's also why you need to download the compatibility pack if you want to even see them used by other players.

If you look back at SC4, the custom versions of the 2p outfits actually were different models from the actual costumes - most easily noticeable with some pieces that had some special lighting effects and such, like Talim's 2p. The same likely will happen here. They'll resemble the 1p costumes, but, if you look extremely close, they'll be custom models made only for the custom character system.

Now, yes, it's probably easier to make them than to make new standalone costumes, but that's likely why they're bundling at least 8 player costumes (Patroklos 1p and 2p, Pyrrha 1p, Pyrrha Omega 1p, Zwei 1p and 2p, Viola 1p, Elysium 1p are all in the picture) in the character equipment 1 pack, while the other packs only seem to have two costumes.

This might come off as a rhetorical question, but pardon my stupidty please. Are there pictures of the ancient armor anywhere?

No, there isn't any picture showing clearly what it is. However, considering its name, Ancient Armor likely will turn out to be the new Samurai and/or the knight armor that appear in the video.

Serious question for those bashing CaS and the "exploitation" strats namco is pulling.

If the sales of this game are truly horrid. But you enjoy it and want to see more patches / games. Why wouldn't you purchase it even if you dislike CaS? It is supporting a game you enjoy and helping it continue in terms of sequels and what have you.

I for one will buy as many as possible, but a big chunk of that stems from me loving CaS so what evs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back