The Cepheus Store thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already put some of the new parts into Quick battle AI. Some of them (like the flaming cervantes) look HELLA sweet! =)
Actually that was already there. I've fought defeated all Quick battle peeps for their titles and Cervy flames was the only "unique special reskin" I came across(shame we can't pick that). Everyone else is some AI dressed up nice or silly or some plain 1p of Mitsu for instance. Pardon my post.

Being casual means you can enjoy CaS and random fluff but generally lack competitive motivations. This means you lose access to a great portion of the "Game".

Being competitive however, does not limit your enjoyment of the aforementioned fluff.

Errrrr, no. Being not competitive or "casual" or whatwever you call it does not limit the "acces to the game" in any form or shape. In fact, I'm quite sure those competetive players with 99% Tira's player use, that picks always the same stage, ejoyed less part of the game than lot of casuals.

I don't know if it's just me, but the Cepheus Store doesn't seem to work as of this morning on the xbox version.
Basically I got the update and went to Creation and went to the store which told me to download the pack. I go to do that and it says that there isn't a pack to download. So yeah I can't figure it out. >.< I check the live marketplace and there wasn't anything there either

OOOOOh! So that's why!
Aww...dang, that was one thing about this patch I was actually looking forward to >.<
Well guess I'll have to wait.

I was hoping they'd quietly sneak in a bump to the number of CAS slots available, but they didnt >_< Oh well, will have to do some re-dressing in April

Can we come up with a new term between "casual" and "hardcore"? When I think of casual, I tend to think of someone who just scratches at the surface of the game. For people who actively go on 8WR to improve their playstyle and analyze frame data, but don't go to tournaments, "casual" seems like a bit of a misnomer.
I'm a player who's been with the series since Soul Calibur, but never really engaged in the game until SC4 due to online and CaS. I just love being able to express my creativity while also being able to "own" a part of the gameplay experience. Without that, I probably never would have delved into the mechanics of the game. If a feature like this is encouraging players like myself to support the series and really dig into it, is it really all that superfluous?

So ya for my next wish for DLC from a casual player's POV, I would like to see bonus power-ups that can be used during game play.

Personally I would like to see two types of items. One type that instantly activates as you step on them and the other that you can manually activate probably best to push with A+B+K.

Power-up items such as infinite soul gauge for a limited time; soul gauge boost; speed increase; power increase etc I would put for instant power-ups.

Throwing quick projectiles Mario Kart style would be upon manual activation.

Elites don't need regular players. Their skills alone profit a game series enough to keep it going. Everyone else is just a scrub to look down on and mock. I guess I'll have to repeat myself from another thread:
I'd love to see teams in REAL sports act like some of these "professionals" do. Instead of lining up on the field to shake hands with the opponent they'd...well...act like they do here (public humiliation, de-pantsing, condescension). But let's try to be fair. It's prolly just a few people with such an attitude and if clinging to greatness through a video game is what you need I'm happy for you. I just wish there was a better way for you to express your pride.

Edit: Nevermind. Just Saw the Rangers and Flyers brawl literally two seconds into a game. Didn't see the whole thing but my guess is that they didn't shake hands when it ended.

The game is already silly enough as it is with CAS.

Speaking of CAS, here's hoping to Inferno Cervantes/SC4 Nightmare/Sieg DLC.

If only the thread would go back to relating to the Cepheus Store and ditch the whole elites vs casuals discussions...
Probably best to lock the thread.. there's not much else to say about the store right now. You can't even get into it yet; it tells you to download the compatability pack and there isn't one yet.

...bonus power-ups that can be used during game play...
Vehemently disagree, but I will respect your opinion and leave you to it.

I'd love to see teams in REAL sports act like some of these "professionals" do. Instead of lining up on the field to shake hands with the opponent they'd...well...act like they do here (public humiliation, de-pantsing, condescension). But let's try to be fair.
Nobody in my scene actually acts like this, and I get the feeling other scenes don't either.

I'm not going to pretend to be the world's best player, because I'm not. I still have to laugh when I see people snap call other people elitists over the internet because their aspergers (or something?) interferes with their ability to detect sarcasm and otherwise communicate with adults. This game is the product of the competitive community. Nobody is saying you're not allowed to have fun if you aren't part of that community, but to enjoy the game while ridiculing the people that made it (as well as this forum, which is a tremendous resource) possible seems childish to me. CaS is a fun diversion, but that's all it is. A diversion.

That's why most competitive players don't really care about CaS. You can't use them for serious play, so why should serious players care? When you have exhausted whatever creativity you have and PS stops releasing new hats, there will be players here still practicing, still improving, still competing, and still having fun.

Doesn't mean they can't have fun at home with it.

The world isn't black nor white. There's a whole palette of colors.

Vehemently disagree, but I will respect your opinion and leave you to it.

Nobody in my scene actually acts like this, and I get the feeling other scenes don't either.
I guess...we usually note the bad experiences...so how about that Cepheus Store? All said and done I wonder how much money can be milked out of one customer for one game. Game: $60.00ish SC5 fight stick: $160.00ish. DLC: $2.00 times infinity!

I say it's totally worth it to sign in to view!

It'd be nice if I can purchase all the outfits from the previous SC games later on then just the SCV one they announced. I'd love to have Raph's SCIII 1p, Ivy's SCIII 2p, Xiangua SCII 1p, Maxi's... nvm, they never really change that guy's outfit. (>~.*)
Right now, I'm just interested in the classic headgears and the maid outfits. Those modern clothes don't really appeal to me (I have a strange feeling I'll be facing alot of school girls online in the future if they decided to release some type of school clothes pack which would be a pretty good $$$.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back