The Cepheus Store thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there still no way to use the 1P & 2P outfits on custom characters or is that going to be something they're selling as DLC?

So is there still no way to use the 1P & 2P outfits on custom characters or is that going to be something they're selling as DLC?
Using 1P and 2P outfits is one of the primary pitches of the patch trailer.

Yeah, I was thinking you'd be able to do that immediately after getting the patch, but I'm not seeing the option to do so. I was rather looking forward to that. :(

Hope so. Maybe as an incentive to get people to download the compatibility packs, sort of like what MK with their DLC.

I really don't understand why most competitive players don't like CaS (or care about it).

well in a tournament, you're only allowed 1p and 2p anyways. The competitive players you're thinking of are only competitive though. There may be some people who enjoy both the competitive and casual apsect of the game (to derive the most pleaseure from their purchase) as the 2 things are not mutually exclusive

well in a tournament, you're only allowed 1p and 2p anyways. The competitive players you're thinking of are only competitive though. There may be some people who enjoy both the competitive and casual apsect of the game (to derive the most pleaseure from their purchase) as the 2 things are not mutually exclusive
I consider it silly to only enjoy half of what you're given, but I guess not everyone appreciates what they have.

Anyways, how are you people getting the patch already? Isn't it scheduled for tomorrow?

*raises hand as one of those people*

Amen.

I really don't understand why most competitive players don't like CaS (or care about it).

Being casual means you can enjoy CaS and random fluff but generally lack competitive motivations. This means you lose access to a great portion of the "Game".

Being competitive however, does not limit your enjoyment of the aforementioned fluff. That's a personal choice between every person. In general we get a lot more out of the game than a casual does as a result of this.

Doesn't make us elitist, we just enjoy the game for the game, and casuals enjoy the game for the...... art. I'm sure it burns people to hear that, but what else can you call it?

I'm not going to pretend to be the world's best player, because I'm not. I still have to laugh when I see people snap call other people elitists over the internet because their aspergers (or something?) interferes with their ability to detect sarcasm and otherwise communicate with adults. This game is the product of the competitive community. Nobody is saying you're not allowed to have fun if you aren't part of that community, but to enjoy the game while ridiculing the people that made it (as well as this forum, which is a tremendous resource) possible seems childish to me. CaS is a fun diversion, but that's all it is. A diversion.

That's why most competitive players don't really care about CaS. You can't use them for serious play, so why should serious players care? When you have exhausted whatever creativity you have and PS stops releasing new hats, there will be players here still practicing, still improving, still competing, and still having fun.

So this is where I reach out to my casual side and tell one aspect I wish for in DLC that maybe worth paying for.

Interactive stages
Most of the stages I find are bland according to my casual side but as a competitive player I find these stages to be evenly balanced except for that one stage I find personally uneven but that's not important. Going back to my casual side I've felt that there should be more levels that is totally different and way more interactive.

I see two infinite stages and two water raft stages that hardly feel different at all. This is where interactivity plays its role why not have one of the water raft stages involve a raft going into a cave where at a certain point the walls cave in (so no RO for the time being); also when the raft hits a rock or stalagmite it gives a quake stun to both players unless they jump on time.; how about when the raft reaches rough waters both your characters will move in random directions and you have to steer to keep your characters in control or with a bit of luck let the character move by himself/herself as you press an attack button the corresponds to the direction he/she is going.

How about a stage or rather an arena where the audience watches over you and if you perform very well the audience will cheer and throw items that benefit you and your opponent. You have to walk over the item to acquire it. Also if the match gets boring and both of you turtle too much the audience will boo at you and throw objects that have a negative effect on you and your opponent.

I'll discuss bonus items in detail much later but I think a more interaction on stages will draw the casual audience.

I'm seriously loving the outfits for Maid and Ancient Armor. I'll be getting Original Headgear and SCV Character Equipment 1, as well as Modern Clothing.

I don't know if I'll need "Active Wear" lol. Oh Japan, you perverted bastards.
I dont like the super pointy boots on that ancient armor but the rest of it is awesome.

I just hope that the male 1p/2p parts will work on females too. Recolor of Cervy's pirate uniform will go verrry well on my lady Pirate, yarr. And the other way around too.. Asteroth wearing Elysium's outfit maybe?

...Okay, I just scared myself there lol..

They already put some of the new parts into Quick battle AI. Some of them (like the flaming cervantes) look HELLA sweet! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back