The Legend of Korra

I'm loving it, personally. The char/relationships development is a little lacking, I will admit. I really couldn't care less for the whole makorra/masami/bokorra or w/e fanboys and girls are coming up with at the moment, and if I were to comment on it, I'd say Bolin and Korra seems a more believable pairing to me. As for the deal with Amon, I don't believe he's energy bending, but rather blocking his victim's chakra. He just seems to be throwing it out there like it's something trivial. After Ep 9 though, I'm kinda knocked for six as to what on earth Amon really is.

*Possible spoilers*

I'd also love to know where everyone is/was getting bloodbending from. Wasn't Katara the only living bender with knowledge of it after Hama was arrested and - I'm assuming - died? And after going on her revenge run, iirc didn't she promise never to use it again?

Just wanna say this show is great. Better than than the original? I dunno yet we need to have the entire series to judge it. Is Korra season 1 better than Avatar season 1? Absolutely it is, The original season 1 of Avatar was their first go around. It was choppy, horribly acted and awkwardly directed. Wasn't til the end of that season they hit their stride.

I want to say this series is wonderful. I dont know if its better than the last airbender yet, but God I love the series right now. its just so amazing! Amon was the most badass and hot villian EVER. When we got to see him without his mask, that was just EPIC. The whole season finale i was screaming.
when bei fong lost her bending I thought "That's dumb. No metal benders are left". But now that Korra has the power to restore bending, I'm just wondering who the next big threat will be. And my jaw dropped hard when tarloc killed amon and himself. That was... epic. Unless they aren't really dead, considering both could waterbend, and they were on a boat.

I watched the original with my little brother, though admittedly I probably liked it more than him. XD

We watched one episode of the new one, and I wasn't too impressed. Granted that I didn't give it too much of a chance. I did like how the technology had advanced and how the city looked, but the characters just seemed bland. The only one I liked was the old guy. Aang's son, I believe? Or grandson? Not sure.

Aw, what happened in the first ten minutes? I was caught up at the post office >.>

I found Asami's development pleasant, definitely defied my negative expectations. Otherwise...par for the course. I can't imagine how they could do a second season with that finale and not have major plot elements forced in by network execs >.>

Well, it may be a kid's show at the end of the day, but there were definitely some dark moments. But the ending...I wish they hadn't done it like that. It would have been an excellent way to set up for a new season, but now...well, I dunno =/

Same here Echo. But I like how she learned everything. They don't have to waste episodes of her learning air bending and unlocking avatar mode. It gives freedom for them to create a new villain and new conflict. I think they're trying to focus on the Avatar's job this series. Which is the right way to go.

when bei fong lost her bending I thought "That's dumb. No metal benders are left". But now that Korra has the power to restore bending, I'm just wondering who the next big threat will be. And my jaw dropped hard when tarloc killed amon and himself. That was... epic. Unless they aren't really dead, considering both could waterbend, and they were on a boat.
But Tarrlok lost his bending, remember? And he was never shown getting it back. So I don't think there's any way he can be alive, unless he's just that lucky. But I can definitely believe Noatak surviving. I actually have a feeling they'll bring him back...
I love this series. I actually like how they portray both sides (Tarrlok vs. Amon) as being too extreme, and it's not overly simplistic. I personally like TLA better, but it's really interesting to see something like Avatar in a bit more of a modern setting, so Korra gets points for that.

I personally thought Iroh Jr. was a badass. Not much more fleshed out than "He's a military general who happens to be Zuko's grandson and sound exactly like him", sure, and having Zuko's I'm-still-going-though-puberty voice kinda bothers me (Hey, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with Dante Basco. I think his voice was perfect for Zuko, but Iroh looks way too old to be sounding like that), but I liked the guy. Flying Iron Man-style with firebending...

*guitar riff from Iron Man by Black Sabbath*

I AM IROH MAN

Well i was a bit disappointed with the series finale. This last episode felt like it was rushed when they really didnt need to make it that way. There was no reason for Korra to have been able to Air bend after Amon took her bending away. Also the fact that Tarlock and Amon did have a major connections was way to easy to see. There was lack of character development in this series for certain characters which they could have done.

Over all I liked Avatar : The Last Airbender was a lot better.

I thought the season finale was TERRIBLE.
What was the point of anything in the entire season if they are just going to do a hard reset with avatar state bullshit? The brevity of Lin giving her "life" to save the airbenders was an extremely powerful moment, sullied somehow by Aang of all people!
And I'm sorry, but Amon and Tarlok were terrible badguys. They were plain, and their motives were childish. The fact that they only announced their motives the episode before they were no longer of consequence also made it so that their plot barely had time to sink in before it was over.

I am so glad someone started this thread. I was thinking about talking about this series, I wasn't sure if anyone on this forum would want to discuss this series or not.

I like the series, I wish I had more time to watch more.

I love this show too. I'm quite enjoying it. I loved the predecessor so much as well. I just wish I had more time and less of a busy schedule to catch up on it.

And I'm sorry, but Amon and Tarlok were terrible badguys. They were plain, and their motives were childish. The fact that they only announced their motives the episode before they were no longer of consequence also made it so that their plot barely had time to sink in before it was over.

As a writer, I respectfully disagree with the second point.

This not counting the finale, however. Amon was a pretty well developed and interesting villain that kept people guessing, had an agenda, and put it into action rather well. He was mysteriously ten steps ahead of everyone, and yet his being this planned was completely believable - not something easy to do with a villain. However, I do agree, the ending did fuck everything up with his character. And the fact they murdered his character on both a literal and metaphorical level in the finale was pretty lame.

Along with that, you're missing a whole lot of inconsistencies with the plot, TBH. They did only think they had one season to write a story for at the start, so it kind of makes sense that it moves at a fast as fuck pace. However, they didn't explain how Amon/Noatak and Tarlok ended up on their father's revenge vendetta after pretty much deciding they hated him. They didn't resolve a the two love triangles that they were pretty much pushing through the entire series. They didn't explain how Tenzin and Co. ended up captured, etc.

However, was I the only one EXPECTING Aang to pull the stupid bullshit save? I mean, energy bending was created as a cop out in the first season when they didn't know how to deal with the whole morality of having to kill the fire lord in a kids show... So let's create a new type of bending that totally just gets rid of the moral choice and leaves everyone happy! Wasn't surprised they did it again for this season.

Back