The Movie Thread

Yeah... "sci-fi" kinda killed any hope I had for it. Atleast we can hope it won't be as bas as Mario Brothers or Double Dragon right?

It will be as bad as DOA and Street Fighter or even worse.

It won't be as good as Mortal Kombat 1.

20 mins in on Resident Evil Degeneration
already better than the live action garbage

does the new gi joe sound like another street fighter movie to anyone?!?!?
gi joe suppose to be a police group god dont let them rape anything else from my childhood

I just finished watching Resident Evil Degeneration.
LOVED IT! I wished all the Resident Evil movies were done like this.

I just finished watching Resident Evil Degeneration.
LOVED IT! I wished all the Resident Evil movies were done like this.

RE Degeneration?

What's it about? Never heard of it.

Also, to all that saw Transporter 3, what did you think of the female lead?

Curiosity!

Had Sweeney Todd, Demon Barber of Fleet Street on in the background this morning, and I forgot how much I adore that movie.

"Do ya get it? Now you got it."

RE Degeneration?

What's it about? Never heard of it.

RE: Degeneration is a CG Resident Evil movie that came to Japanese theaters.

It alsp had a short theatrical release in select cities.

If I remember correctly, it should release on DVD this month (if it already hasn't).

Saw RE:Degeneration.

I liked it. Very nicely done and it puts all the live action ones to shame.

I just didn't like Angela very much but Leon is extremely MANLY in this one and Claire was alright. It showed the conclusion of the G-Virus arc.

Check it out when you can.

What are your feelings on the Benjamin Burtton movie?

I saw "Benjamin Button" back on December 27. I thought it was okay, but it just moved along way to slow, and I didn't feel that its two hour and 47 minute running length was justified. I liked the concept of a man born old and getting younger as he ages to be interesting, but Benjamin's life just wasn't as interesting as the concept.

For filmmaking ideas, it is a really well-made movie. Well-shot, well-written, well-acted, and the make-up and special effects for the early years of Benjamin's life was really good, but the story wasn't that interesting, and could have been told in a much shorter period of time. They could have shaved 30 minutes off the movie and still got the same idea across.

Also, I thought that at the end of Benjamin's life, that's not what should have started to happen to him (for all those who have seen this movie and know what happens to him at the end).

I liked it, although it was too long, but I would no recommend watching it in theatres. I would recommend people to wait and rent it.

Taken was dope for sure, unexpectedly good, of the same cloth as Wanted. A movie that just appears, is better than expected and is just an enjoyable movie experience.

I am still eagerly awaiting Watchmen... patiently.

cha cha

Anybody seen The Wrestler? I dare call it a beautiful movie, but there's the fireman party scene to grapple with.

Back