the Problem with Voldo

Gods-Spartan

[09] Warrior
So yeah...this is a gripe thread. But this one is surprisingly meant to figure out how deal with beating this guy as I dont want it to be a ban discussion. So hopefully this can become a "Problem with Voldo" (weakness) instead of "Problem with Voldo" (Broken).

So here's my gripes

1st)Ease of use- other characters have this but seem to generally be not as safe. This is not a big deal really but in Voldo's case.......lets continue

2nd)Crazy Soul Guage Damage-Best in the game. I don't know many characters that can get you flashing red in the first round.

3rd)Mix Ups-From the Front/Back/Sides/and Upside down

4th)Safe-Safe...need I say more. Ok I will. Not only is he safe but he can also guard impact in BT.

5th)Uneven effort-Only a few charaters really have the tools to combat this guy and even they fail if not spot on. In other words...you have to work to shut Voldo down while it seems Voldo doesn't have to put out much more.

These things grouped together is an issue. I think Voldo is a mistake this time around. But I welcome you guys to prove me wrong. I might be missing something.

Lol at the responses... uh, Voldo is pretty easy to step (for me at least) so i just step, punish. Also, to deal with your blinking SG go ahead and either A. Land some blows/dodge more or B. Parry! That's my only advice, as for dealing with his crazy mix-ups, go into training for half an hour.

noob_basher_by_angellicfragment.jpg

The majority of the cast lack "appropriate" clothing... well, appropriate for fighting in.

Yeah, they should all wear Khaki's and button up shirts with a nice pair of wingtips.

Anyway, this thread went way off topic... does anyone have any tips for this kid besides what 2 of us mentioned above?

If you can't beat them, join them. That's what people tend to do with online Mitsurugi and the german bitch.

If you can't beat them, join them. That's what people tend to do with online Mitsurugi and the german bitch.

Actually not a bad piece of back-handed advice. Learn to play as Voldo, then you will gain a better knowledge of what moves come out of which stances and get down some of his animations to help you parry or GI some of those moves that really hurt your gauge.

Know thine enemy.

Most Voldos I play are complete Scrubs. Myself included.
The scrub voldos love to jump, swim, and attack lows.
But, a good Voldo will always be fun to play against.
But those are rare........

raph has crummy tracking (even worse than voldo) and is pretty much worse than voldo in all categories except range.

Which is funny, because Raph can destroy Voldo if he abuses Prep enough. Voldo can't sidestep, or kill step so he's at a big disadvantage against a good Raph.

Which is funny, because Raph can destroy Voldo if he abuses Prep enough. Voldo can't sidestep, or kill step so he's at a big disadvantage against a good Raph.

Wrong. Voldo rapes PREP. And who says he can't sidestep?

Back