The team fortress 2 thread

Yo sorry about about yesterday guys. Was in the midst of a billion trades. Ill be picking up a headset tomorrow tho.

I also got one of those new laser cannons the Soldiers have. I totally suck w it but it seems pretty damn powerful. The full charge blast is like the Spartan Laser in H3 in the way it takes a while to shoot off. But this thing smashes in an AoE, can pop people up AND set them on fire, which seems to be a little much. I may just need to get used to it, i dunno

Yo sorry about about yesterday guys. Was in the midst of a billion trades. Ill be picking up a headset tomorrow tho.

I also got one of those new laser cannons the Soldiers have. I totally suck w it but it seems pretty damn powerful. The full charge blast is like the Spartan Laser in H3 in the way it takes a while to shoot off. But this thing smashes in an AoE, can pop people up AND set them on fire, which seems to be a little much. I may just need to get used to it, i dunno
Yeah, its pretty broken. The other team we were playing knew it, too. Look at what they were saying:

"Remember when I was a soldier and it took skill?"

Yeah I went and got the Soldiers new toys...I like them, Not really my class but...

and Thanks for the Strange Weapons(Sticky Launcher is leveling nicely, Eyelander...not so much lol) and that Bill's hat. finding a new found love for the game again.

I fought against those new soldier weapons all night though...had no problem beating them. With either my Off. Engineer or Demoman.

Heh I didnt see that. Valve will fix it though, they've a strong track record of nerfing dumb crap like that. Just gotta ride out the storm. The ugly, firey, laser storm.

Yeah I went and got the Soldiers new toys...I like them, Not really my class but...

and Thanks for the Strange Weapons(Sticky Launcher is leveling nicely, Eyelander...not so much lol) and that Bill's hat. finding a new found love for the game again.

np at all man, glad you're enjoying it again. If I come across any more Strange Demo weapons ill pass them along.

Be on the look out though cause I hear a Strange Medigun may be coming out. :D

Eyelander set suuuuuuuuuucks compared to what Demo can do with stickies. Very few special weapons can trump their original counterparts (Sandman....) but the Eyelander set drops demo from being the best class in the game to like 7th.

Very few special weapons can trump their original counterparts (Sandman....).

Exactly, this is why the impact of the weapon loadouts are minimal cause most are playstyle changes rather then straight out upgrades. For the most part the standard sets are what you want to roll with.

If youre gonna do Shield Demo the Booties are a must cause they give you a bunch more control.

The Eyelander set may suck, BUT the Eyelander itself...despite cutting 25 of your health, gives you a half decent way to deal with Close Range combat. A range demo used to really only get lucky with using pipes.

The ScoRe (Scottish Resistance) is also amazingly fun too. can get mad creative with juggle combos (Tekken in my TF2)

When i was playing Demo for a bit, i noticed pipes are much easier to use if you adjust your aim a little. They pop out just a to the left of your reticle. Used to use the Loch-N-Load to great effect

Let me know if anybody has an extra Loch n Load, I really want to try it.

I finally got the game running properly! Had a lot of fun fucking people up with my pyro last night.

GGs today Chuck. Wouldnt worry too much about the out come. Badwater is a bit of a meat grinder.

Dizzy: Ive got your Loch-N-Load. Ive got another if you want it Rek

Also to add if anyone wants:
Equalizer (as a Soldier, theres no reason to carry anything else than this as a melee)
The Concheror
Gunboats
Amputator
Degreaser
Chargin Targe
Strange Ambassador
Strange Revolver

I'm looking for a Degreaser and Axtinguisher for Pyro, nothing whatsoever for Scout (all I needed was the Sandman), and any special minigun for Heavy. Natascha, Tomislav, and Brass Beast (the one I really really want) are all pretty great. I have no interest in his shotgun replacements.

Also, don't use Eyelander for melee, go ahead and get the Scottsman's Skullcutter as it actually has a bonus for damage. That, or go for broke and use the Ullapool Caber. I figure that if someone gets close to the Demoman they might as well have to fight through one last bomb, right?

I also realized last night after you left, Gopher, that the Heavy speaks my favorite line of all time.

"I am KING of TEAM!"

Also, don't use Eyelander for melee, go ahead and get the Scottsman's Skullcutter as it actually has a bonus for damage. That, or go for broke and use the Ullapool Caber. I figure that if someone gets close to the Demoman they might as well have to fight through one last bomb, right?

I also realized last night after you left, Gopher, that the Heavy speaks my favorite line of all time.

"I am KING of TEAM!"

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Demoman_strategy#Eyelander
"In most cases, the Eyelander should be used without the Chargin' Targe. However, a Demoman with 4 decapitations and a Sticky Launcher is a massive threat. Head count is not reset until death, so a smart Demoman can use the Chargin' Targe until he accumulates 4 heads, then return to a resupply cabinet and switch to the sticky launcher of his choice. With over 200 HP and the second fastest run speed in the game, an Eyelander Demoman using the Sticky Launcher can be a very powerful enemy and one to avoid at all costs, especially if he has a Medic."

With over 200 HP and the second fastest run speed in the game, an Eyelander Demoman using the Sticky Launcher can be a very powerful enemy and one to avoid at all costs, especially if he has a Medic."

In other words, high risk-high reward. Cant remember, but does the damage increase depending on how many heads you've got? Either way, its pubplay.

I'm looking for a Degreaser and Axtinguisher for Pyro, nothing whatsoever for Scout (all I needed was the Sandman), and any special minigun for Heavy. Natascha, Tomislav, and Brass Beast (the one I really really want) are all pretty great. I have no interest in his shotgun replacements.
I have an extra axtinguisher I think and I have some miniguns you can have. I also need a degreaser although I can't remember what it does or if I will even use it.

Degreaser gives Pyro a 65% faster weapon switch at the cost of a 20% loss of afterburn damage on enemies, dropping max afterburn damage from 60 something to 45. I want it so I can quickly switch to the Axtinguisher for guaranteed crit kills.

I noticed your signature. It has been approved. Also, I don't have the weapon you seek.

IMO, the Degreaser outclasses the vanilla flamethrower. The loss of a little burning time dosent mean too, too much when you can 2 shot most of the classes in the game. It made Pyro's a much more dangerous threat in pro Highlander matches.

Btw, picking up a mic tonight

Back