This pop-up is ridiculous

There should not be ANY popup ads on this website... I don't use them. I use banner ads, and full page ads only. I'm questioning adbrite about the appearance of this popup ad and it should be removed shortly.

There should not be ANY popup ads on this website... I don't use them. I use banner ads, and full page ads only. I'm questioning adbrite about the appearance of this popup ad and it should be removed shortly.

Thanks Jaxel.

I usually don't bitch because I don't pay for this service yet, but this one is just too much.

If you become a premium member, you dont see ANY ads.

Hello Jason,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Complaints of this nature are rare because we have various controls in place.

- AdBrite screens every new ad and ad edit prior to approval. Any advertisers that change or add malicious content to their web pages after review are removed from our network.

- Third-party advertisers are required to have malware screening in place. Our third-party advertisers use either industry leading malware detection, or they reconstruct advertiser flash campaigns manually to remove the chance of malware.

We have identified the malicious ad and the advertiser has been removed from our network. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,

Tony Y.

Trust & Safety

thx jaxel. this morning i got that ad like 5 times and it kept trying to force me do download a .exe file. it was such that i just didn't wanna browse the site because of it. glad to see it is gone so promptly.

Hello Jason,

I am actively monitoring the ads running on your zone and have begun removing potentially malicious ads from the ad rotations. I will continue monitoring the site over the weekend. I will also monitor the thread started on your forum for any new reports.

I recommend to you and your users to install a program called Fiddler (http://www.fiddler2.com/Fiddler2/version.asp). The program allows you to monitor and log all ad calls that occurs on any given webpage. This will record the events of the malicious content as well. This program runs independently from your browser so it is not affected if your browser crashes.

I apologize for this happening to you, and we will continue our investigations.

Best Regards,

Tony Y.

Trust & Safety

AdBrite does a good job, and they have great support. Its why I use them over AdSense.

I got this dumb ad where it was like "is your computer infected!!! free scan!" > select > cancel > "OK HERE YOU GO" and tries to download it to my system. maybe what ppl were talking about earlier

and yoooooooo 2 dolla is seroius businesss

Yo,

As much as I love a full screen ad everytime I click on something, maybe someone could look into that issue.

-Psylocide

I got an actual pop-up saying I was a winner. Didn't realize there were actually pop-up ads on this site and clicked it >_<. Now I understand the pain of all those idiots that get tricked by those things, but it didn't help that it was a grey and inconspicuous box.

Unfortunately I didn't catch the name of the ad provider if you wanted to make an inquiry, but it was some random letters after media.

*Clicks Best Buy Gift Cetificate* I didn't know Jaxel was throwing a contest ?! XD Yea, i got it too. Kinda thought it was real for a second too. >:(

Hello Jason,

I have located the ad and removed it from out network. It seems that the pop-up script was added to the landing page after review. If we find this to be intentional on the advertiser's part, they will be removed permanently from the network.

The script was designed to engage users in an intrusive manner, but I have confirmed that there is no malicious content in the pop-up or the landing page.

We will look into this further and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Tony Y.

Trust & Safety
Adbrite is good people.

Back