Tira - Combo Discussion

Yeah, you're probably right VV...oh well...Thanks for the tip Age, I'll try to start using it for whiff punishing and I'll need to start using GIs more. I think it actually would work well in that regard because you often see people try to counter-GI after getting GI'd, and since 4B+KB does come out slow, it has a good chance of not getting GI's itself.
Yeah, it's i26, meaning that it is guaranteed after a GI, but will also beat an instant re-GI, meaning only players who re-GI on reaction will be able to counter this move.

I'm so confused.
I think what Age is getting at is if you GI a move, most people GI on reaction in anticipation of you throwing out a fast counter, say 4K for example. Since 4B+K B comes out slow, their re-GI will actually whiff because of that and the only way they'd be able to GI the 4B+K B is if they actually wait until the move is going to hit.

Okay, but he said that 4B+K would hit if they didn't re-GI, 4B+K would be guaranteed.... So, like.. I don't get it.

I don't use impacts.. xD

now that I think about it more, it is a bit confusing. Because if they're able to GI, then the should be able to just block, therefore making 4B+K not guaranteed. Hmmm, seems like some testing is in order.

Ok ok ok... so here's the deal:

After a GI, you get 27 or 28f of advantage, where your opponent cannot block. (I'll test it properly next time I play)

Tira's 4B+K is i26, meaning after a GI, your opponent cannot block this move, so long as you do it straight away.

The only way your opponent can counter your attack is by using a re-GI.

The active window for a GI is not that big, so if your opponent throws out a re-GI instinctively, there's a good chance that the re-GI will be too early and your 4B+K will hit anyway.

Your attack will only fail if your opponent either leaves their re-GI very late, or actually reacts to and recognises your attack, timing the re-GI properly to counter the move.

All this makes 4B+K a very good attack to use in JS after a GI, and also because 4B+K B 236K BE does about 70 damage and gives you a chance to transition into GS. The only drawback is that this will cost you a full bar of meter.

Okay, okay. So in the 27-28f area of impacted..ness, they're able to GI as well? This makes sense and I do appreciate the clarifactions. I haven't used 4A+B+K impacts once because I feel they're a waste of gauge, however.. That may be one of Jolly's best tools at hand and I should start using them.. correct? :b

Again, thanks.

So.. impacts tend to push people too far away for 4B+K to connect. :/

New character-specific combo added!
:4::B:::B:::B: :2::A+B: :4::K: :(6)::B: - 78 ~ chance of persona change.
:4::B:::B:::B: :2::A+B: :4::K: :(6)::bA+B+K: - 84 / 0.5 meter ~ chance of persona change.
:4::B:::B:::B: :2::A+B: :4::K: :6::6::(6)::B: - 92 ~ chance of persona change.
:4::B:::B:::B: :2::A+B: :4::K: :6::6::(6)::bA+B+K: - 97 / 0.5 meter ~ chance of persona change.

--Doesn't work on Leixia, Natsu, Viola, Pyrrha, and Pyrrha Omega.

This was a video response to my Algol Counter video. Very hot combo. It's pre-patch but I've noticed a few additions.
JS 4A 4K GS 3A BE W! 22_88A 3A BE W! 4B.B.B 4A 4K 4K 666B
It does 201 damage, which is more than the pre-patch video. :D

This was a video response to my Algol Counter video. Very hot combo. It's pre-patch but I've noticed a few additions.
JS 4A 4K GS 3A BE W! 22_88A 3A BE W! 4B.B.B 4A 4K 4K 666B
It does 201 damage, which is more than the pre-patch video. :D
i'd been hearing that there's a Tira Doom combo, but i can't find it anywhere. is this the one??

EDIT:
the other one i found is this
the description reads:
"CH GS 4B : B : B 22A 6A MSH A

One version of Tira doom combo + line graphical glitch. Around 80 damage"

That was the wtf RO combo pre-patch in SCV too.

Best combo of death in this I've found is like the one VV found but straight from GS.

So GS 3A BE, W! 22A, 3A BE W! 4B : B : B, 4A, 4K, 4K, 666B BE

(does about 211 damage or so)

If you use tech traps after 4BBB it can be a death combo (240+ damage).

Back