NH

4B :B :B, 44(B). 114 damage, All but left
4A, 6, 3B. 50 damage, Front and back
4A, 66, 4K (Delay) 3B. 60 damage, Front and Back
4A, 66, 4K (JS) (Delay) 3B. 55 Damage, Front and Back

CH
2A+B, 44(B) 103 damage, Front and Back

On edges or walls

GS 1A 4B :B :B 52 damage, Front and Back (not accurate though)

Tech Traps
I hate how tech traps have kind of lost their use.. I mean, they're good, but you have to face people who know what they're doing...but not at the same time. Because they took out the just holding guard for a standard ukemi, most people I fight don't get up immediately, which is ... dumb. :/

I hate how tech traps have kind of lost their use.. I mean, they're good, but you have to face people who know what they're doing...but not at the same time. Because they took out the just holding guard for a standard ukemi, most people I fight don't get up immediately, which is ... dumb. :/

Natsu ruined ukemi for me. I've gotten so used to terrible tech traps that i've preferred just rolling on the ground after knockdown.

Natsu ruined ukemi for me. I've gotten so used to terrible tech traps that i've preferred just rolling on the ground after knockdown.
I hardly practice tech traps. I do hate how her 4A+B catches almost all ukemi options.. always... >.<;
If they turn it back to just holding guard to ukemi, it would be much better.

I also don't like how Tira has no horizontal lows that that scrape the ground. Natsu's 1A is overpowered in that sense.

1A should be better.
I mean its very slow like no one is going to take it anyway.

Why did they remove that it hit people on the ground like it did in SC3 ?
Why did they remove the safety from SC4 ?

This move has become useless.

It can be used for techtraps but if the opponent stays on the ground your done. Too risky.

@Greven If you cancel a combo to start something new or even to start a new combo, it's still in the combo gerneral discussion.

If you do happen to land 1A, you can't even properly use it very well. They should make them stay down so you could do 66B.
Does Jolly 3B even have any tech traps? I know in SC4 and in SC5, 22B could be tech trapped into 66A.A when close to a wall which usually wall hit, giving a free 11B combo on a cooperative opponent.
I don't think 3B even gives a 2K. I know 22B chains with 1B/2B when close to a wall on an opponent that doesn't ukemi, 2K catches most of the time, even if they try.

i thought JS 66B is a better tech trap than JS 3B. at least JS 66B relaunch on tech, which means you can combo JS 66AA or JS 4A or go into JS 66B BS and follow ups (i think 4K and A+B might also work, not sure tho). don't know if JS 66B catches all techs tho.

i thought JS 66B is a better tech trap than JS 3B.
No, I'm not saying using 3B as the tech trap punisher, I'm saying as the move to give a tech trap. JO 1A 3B is guaranteed, so I was wondering if 3B offers any tech traps. 22B on a grounded enemy offers 66A.A, which is amazing.

My new favorite Tira combo: Jolly 44A.A ~ 66bA+B+K ~ GL BT B+K ~ 666B BE. 111 damage. Oh, baby.
It's guaranteed, unless the 44A.A is done at the second A's tip range. Does 105 damage if you're a little late with the GL BT B+K and you stun them on the ground.

Didn't know JS 44AA goes into Tira's jolly 2xBE combo. Thanks!!
i like to add a 4K just before GS 666B BE, for increase chance to go into JS after 4K. b/c if you do, you can increase the combo by adding JS 66B BE, ~GS BT B+K, 4K, 666B. but you have to be extra careful because sometimes the GS BT B+K can send them out of range of 4K, and if you're a little late with the GL BT B+K, then the 4K doesn't hit.

Yeah, but that also stuns them, which ruins the point of going Jolly, for me, especially if you change to Jolly a second time.
I can understand why you'd want that, but it just seems like a lot of gauge wasted for minimal damage.

44A.2A also combos into 66B BE, but only if they don't tech left or right. Not really ideal against people who know what they're doing. 44A.A catches right before they're able to tech.

Edit: I tested the 44A.A ~ 66B BE ~ GL BT B+K ~ 4K ~ JO 66B BE ~ GL BT B+K ~ 666B BE, it only adds 6 damage. I don't see the point in wasting an extra brave edge.

i'm working on those jolly combos, they don't do too much,

i've got a decent gloomy, mainly with the Combo 3 they have provide in the game followed up by a 66A and then i can usually combo again, or just grab.

but i'm trying to find something else to do

i find it extremely difficult to get the 66B to combo with when in GL

when you B+K guard impact, do i have to press B+K again, or does it have to be good timing? i can rarely get that perfect move off

Edit: I tested the 44A.A ~ 66B BE ~ GL BT B+K ~ 4K ~ JO 66B BE ~ GL BT B+K ~ 666B BE, it only adds 6 damage. I don't see the point in wasting an extra brave edge.

i thought it does more than that... i tested with JO 66B, 66B BE, GL BT B+K, 4K, 666B BE and i think does about 117, and if you delay the final 666B BE and turn it into a tech combo, then the damage is 130.

sorry, wasn't clear from the post before. as i said in an earlier post, there's no point using the final 666B as a BE if you switch back to JS from the 4K because the damage scaling doesn't make it worth your while. if you just do JO 66B BE ~ GL BT B+K ~ 4K ~ JO 66B BE ~ GL BT B+K ~ 666B, it's extra damage plus you use the same amount of gauge. i normally start the combo of JO 66B (ie JO 66B, 66B BE ~ GL BT B+K, 4K ~ JO 66B BE ~ GL BT B+K ~ 666B).

btw, i could never remember if it's JO and GL or JS and GS.... -_-|||

as i said in an earlier post, there's no point using the final 666B as a BE if you switch back to JS from the 4K because the damage scaling doesn't make it worth your while.
btw, i could never remember if it's JO and GL or JS and GS.... -_-|||
Okay. I'm not sure how much more/less it does. I don't like purposely putting a stun in a combo that would ruin a perfectly good luck combo (switching to Jolly 2+ times). They can side tech the 4K stun, so JO 66B misses, so I'd never use 4K.
And I say JO/GL, but I've seen JS/GS. All depends on your preference.

More Tech Traps

GS
4A, 44B. front and back 60 damage
CH 2A+B, (slight delay), 44A. All, 76 damage
3B: B: B, (delay after fall) 66B. All

22_88B, Throw if opponent ukemi left or right

After 3AA
3B front
66B front
If opponent ukemi left or right, throw them. ~100 damage

Tech Traps:
GS:
after JS CE -> GS 666B. all (i think)
note: you normally can do 2x 666B consecutively straight after CE, without mood swing (true for JS CE, not 100% certain about GS CE). Of course, with Tira, nothing is 100% certain. BE version also works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back