Tira Combo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats up tira players i beleive i my have discovered something so im here to share here goes
JS while rising B B+KK 66B BE GS BT B+K 4K 66B
You can tech out of that. The only guaranteed move after WR B.K.K in Jolly is 2K, I believe.
I have a funny useless combo.
JS 1K -> CE (63 dmg) lol you get a partial CE.
I actually like that combo. Jolly's partial CE does the same amount of damage as it's full CE, if not, it's very, very close.

Are there any combos where it's worthwhile to use the CE? It seems to scale so harshly with hits that it seems more useful to use it raw or as a punish. I was testing the other day and JS 22A, CE does less damage overall than a raw CE, but I haven't tested with everythign that you can CE out of.

Sorry if anyone has posted this yet, but what i got for a wall combo:
GS 3b W!, 3b W!, 2A+B, 66k~ 78 dmg
Or:
GS 66A W!, 3b W!, 2A+B, 66k ~ 100 dmg

Are there any combos where it's worthwhile to use the CE? It seems to scale so harshly with hits that it seems more useful to use it raw or as a punish. I was testing the other day and JS 22A, CE does less damage overall than a raw CE, but I haven't tested with everythign that you can CE out of.

i think GS 3B, 4A, CE is pretty decent (it's about 30 more damage than GS3B, 4A, 3AA BE).
as for JS... you might as well use the JS 2xBE combo (JS 66B, 66B BE, GS! BT B+K, 4K, 666B BE). the beauty of this combo is that if you get lucky, tira will change mood when 4K hits, then you can change the last part to JS 66B BE, GS! BT B+K, 4K, 666B and get an extended version. cost the same amount of gauge, but more power. btw, if you use the extended version, there is next to ZERO point in turning the final GS 666B into the BE version except to look flashy. if my memory serves correctly, the BE version does 7 more damage then the non-BE version... if you want to stay in GS, you'd have to sacrifice some damage (10 i think) and use GS 66B BE instead.

I actually like that combo. Jolly's partial CE does the same amount of damage as it's full CE, if not, it's very, very close.

34+ more damage then Discord Parade. <~ aka Discord Parade Finale.

It's almost like normal throw damage.

keep posting videos, as i am new to the whole fight notation, its nice to find an easy way to learn the moves from watching

I found a good JS wall combo:
3B W!, 66K W!, 4B+K B, 236 K BE - 74-77 dmg

Tira has a couple more damaging JS wall combos, but I like this one because it guarantees GS transition while leaving your opponent with their back to the wall to continue your pressure game in GS. Also, you can switch up the 66K with 3B but the combo does 71 dmg instead of 74-77.

Fun with walls:
Jolly
3B W!, 66K W!, 11B (2nd hit does tech trap or hit ground, escapable right though)
3B W!, 44K W!, BT B+KBA+B (try your luck to get into Gloomy)
3B W!, 66K W!, iWS BK ~UD B (most damaging combo and BT wakeup)

Gloomy
3B W!, 3AA W!, 4BBB, 22B, 66B (3AA can be replaced by another 3B)
3B W!, 3AA W!, 4BBB, 4A, 4K, 4K, 66B (3AA can be replaced by another 3B)
3B W! (high wallsplat), 9B
66A W!, 3AA BE W!, 4BBB, 4A, 4K, 4K, 666B BE (170 dmg)

Tech Traps
after GS BT B+K in combo:
-1A (all) but doesnt OTG
-JS 44B (all) but doesnt OTG
-GS 44B (right/front/back) and does OTG
mix it up with JS 22B, GS 22B, GS 44[B ], 6A+B

after GS 22B OTG stun
-GS 1A (all)
-GS 44B (right/front/back) and does OTG

Greven said:
Gloomy
3B W!, 3AA W!, 4BBB, 22B, 66B (3AA can be replaced by another 3B)
3B W!, 3AA W!, 4BBB, 4A, 4K, 4K, 66B (3AA can be replaced by another 3B)
3B W! (high wallsplat), 9B
66A W!, 3AA BE W!, 4BBB, 4A, 4K, 4K, 666B BE
(170 dmg)

The highlighted input, Can you delay the 3AA BE? I know you can normally if you don't push the A twice.

Tech Traps
after GS BT B+K in combo:

i'm fairly certain that 66B and 666B also works.

you just have to delay very slightly, otherwise it a normal combo. i know that in one of the longer combos, ending with 666B as a tech trap adds 20+ damage to the combo comparing with ending it with 666B as a combo finish. the difference in animation is easy to spot. as a tech trap the opponent gets hit standing up, as a combo, the opponent stays on the ground.

The highlighted input, Can you delay the 3AA BE? I know you can normally if you don't push the A twice.
Yea, it seems you can, but why do you want to do that?

i'm fairly certain that 66B and 666B also works.
You are right, totally forgot about that (i am not a Tira mainer)
its the best tech trap imo

Jolly
3B W!, 44K W!, BT B+KBA+B (try your luck to get into Gloomy)
this might become my favorite jolly wall combo, coz if tira turns to Gloomy, GS 22B is guaranteed for a lot of dmg + 66B tech trap

Also dont forget wall combos from the guide that are really good:
GS 66A W!, 3B, 44[B ] (44B hit them back turned for a lot of hurt: ~135 dmg)
GS 3AA W!, backthrow (guaranteed vs anyone but asta/voldo ~120 dmg)

Also dont forget wall combos from the guide that are really good:
GS 66A W!, 3B, 44[B ] (44B hit them back turned for a lot of hurt: ~135 dmg)
GS 3AA W!, backthrow (guaranteed vs anyone but asta/voldo ~120 dmg)
I wish the first combo kept the 44B stun on the last hit, though. I mean, it's good it cancels out, the last few hits are stronger, but if it had the stun, you could throw a CE on there just to make it look cool.

Also, the 3A.A doesn't always make you do the backthrow. Sometimes it's any of the others, depending on angles. I loved that combo, I tried to do it ALL the time in SC4.

@ Greven
I don't really know why you would want to delay it. It seems that it might help to make the opponent think you're done attacking maybe? I think this is called Mind games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back