Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Has anyone else in this general discussion thread noticed that after you select to rematch while playing as/against Tira, that there is a possibility to start in Gloomy? It's happened on several occasions to me while playing on patched consoles.

Has anyone else in this general discussion thread noticed that after you select to rematch while playing as/against Tira, that there is a possibility to start in Gloomy? It's happened on several occasions to me while playing on patched consoles.

Yeah it does happen sometimes...but shhhhh! Don't tell Project Soul, or they'll take that away from us too! ;)

Yeah it does happen sometimes...but shhhhh! Don't tell Project Soul, or they'll take that away from us too! ;)
I'd rather have it addressed. If another person were to point it out after it happened at a tourney, it could turn into a potential DQ. The only reason why I bring this is up is because when I used to play TCGs, there were jerks who would always try to win by being rule sharks. As much as I'd like to believe that the Soul Calibur Community doesn't have this issue, it may arise.

I was kidding in my last post and I see your point. I'm not saying that they don't address this, but I don't see how it would cause a DQ because the player has no control of whether she starts in GS or not, and Tira herself is not an OP character to begin with.

I'd rather have it addressed. If another person were to point it out after it happened at a tourney, it could turn into a potential DQ. The only reason why I bring this is up is because when I used to play TCGs, there were jerks who would always try to win by being rule sharks. As much as I'd like to believe that the Soul Calibur Community doesn't have this issue, it may arise.
That's a good point, however if it's Namco's fault, I don't see how it would be the player's problem

I was kidding in my last post and I see your point. I'm not saying that they don't address this, but I don't see how it would cause a DQ because the player has no control of whether she starts in GS or not, and Tira herself is not an OP character to begin with.
I failed to see the sarcasm, my apologies. It could have the match to be played out again because the match was determined because of a defect. Disqualification over a technicality would not be fun to experience.

I failed to see the sarcasm, my apologies. It could have the match to be played out again because the match was determined because of a defect. Disqualification over a technicality would not be fun to experience.
no worries...after all, we all want what's best for Tira...she's a "special" girl..lol!

no worries...after all, we all want what's best for Tira...she's a "special" girl..lol!
Extremely special. :3
It's just a concern of mine. The other day at casuals other players took notice of that and wondered what would the ruling be on that if someone called it out.

how does everyone follow up when you do JS 66B BE and only the second part hits and causes them to spin on the ground? I usually just do 66B but was wondering if there might be a better option.

how does everyone follow up when you do JS 66B BE and only the second part hits and causes them to spin on the ground? I usually just do 66B but was wondering if there might be a better option.
I'm curious about a follow up to this move myself. A few times I was able to land jumping B and Glomy 66k as a follow up. I continued to use this because for some strange reason post patch, after the second hit of Jolly 66B BE, counter hit properties seem to take effect.

Oh, 1A doesn't allow a tech, so the JS 66B follow up would be more wake-up. That would be good if you often do 6A+B/another low after, purely as a mixup tool. 1A never chains with JS 66B.

Oh, 1A doesn't allow a tech, so the JS 66B follow up would be more wake-up. That would be good if you often do 6A+B/another low after, purely as a mixup tool. 1A never chains with JS 66B.
I'll have to ask a few people I know why they kept on calling it a tech trap then. Thanks for the clarification :D

Let me just, uhm.. yeah.
As far as I know, a tech trap is when they ukemi and a move catches them and continues the combo. I... thought that's right, so they MAY be correct, but.. xD

Hey, I'm wondering about Tira's throw setups, moves or combos that if they hit (or are blocked in some cases) they either cause the opponent to be at a frame disadvantage significant enough to throw, or they make an average opponent block expecting another attack.​
Examples of these are JS 6AB, JS 4A, 88/22 A, which all almost guarantee a throw on an average opponent after they hit. Once the opponent wises up and starts ducking launch mixups become available.​
Does she have any other moves or setups that accommodate throws? Like are the recovery frames on a blocked GS 66 A too great for it to work as a throw setup?​

Back