Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Try 9B+K B. You can mix it up with BT 2K, GS BT B+K/JS BT B+K B and throws. Granted that +2 probably isn't enough to work on people that really know Tira but most people just don't know her that well. They'll probably grab/swat you out of UD anyways if they really know her.

I'm sure there's much better choices though.

EDIT: And change your input(7 or 8 instead of 9) for UD depending on the distance between you and your opponent as well as what you're expecting them to do while you're in UD. You'll want to land *RIGHT* behind them so you're within throw range.

I need a little help finding Tira's mixup tools for both persona's... like 2K is a decent enough tool for both of them, but I want to note some unnique to each of her 'sides'

Updraft: Depending on the distance and your specific input you've got a few options. Nothing stellar, but good nonetheless. UD B into 2K/BT 2K is something a lot of people fall for pretty often, you can then switch it up to a throw, a poke, slightly delay a CE to counter a potential attack, and you've got just a many options if you land behind them with BT B+K B being useful if you've trained them to expect BT 2K...So many options in their face! Disregard the positive frames on UD B though, they're more or less moot unless you're playing offline. UD K can be used just slightly further away(or with 7) to catch your foe off-guard with the low stun into combos, very nice.

Jolly:
6AB: Do the full move into crouch, only the first hit, et cetera. Leads to practically anything if it's not blocked. If it's blocked...Have fun losing half your health.

WR B: Throw it out there occasionally just to mess with your foe's head. It has decent combos and the WR BKK series of combos is a pretty stylish way to win a round(not to mention evil ring outs with WR BK and no UD attack).

8WR buffering: 66AA at tip range out of a quickstep is an AMAZING tool. You've also got plenty of other options like 11*77B, 22*88A/B/K(all good) and 66K. 8WR buffering seems amazingly useful to put Jolly Tira on the offensive in my opinion. Of course any character can do it, but it just seems so gratifying :D

A+B/4K/throws: At close range these are fun. You may want to pass on A+B unless you expect your foe to use their BBthough, guaranteed self-inflicted damage and possible self-inflicted stun with minimal damage to the enemy usually isn't the best idea.

Gloomy:
Running: K, A, and B are all good if you've ran far enough to do the slide. Same with any character but these are pretty good.

tech crouch/4K/B+K: Put pressure on with moves that have tech crouch(like 3B or 2A) until they try countering with verticals mids, use B+K when you expect them to hit and make them suffer for it. Don't try B+K unless you're outside of throw range.

Go for tech traps too, never hurts to use followups according to which direction you expect a roll(which is a bit easier near walls/edges).

I need a little help finding Tira's mixup tools for both persona's... like 2K is a decent enough tool for both of them, but I want to note some unnique to each of her 'sides'

Tira doesn't really have much mixup tools as her lows are generally slow and reactable, and she has only a handful of multi-hit strings in GS. Plus, she has no stance shenanigans.

For the most part, if you're having trouble opening up a defensive opponent, the best tools are simply the staple mixups in the game that all characters share: throw/launchers, guard break attacks and other frame traps, and unblockable cancel mixups. In particular, incorporate a lot of throwing into your game as it's still one of the best ways to get opponents ducking, which makes the threat of your 3B that much greater.

If you want some gimmicks to beat up on people unfamiliar with Tira:

JS 11_77B: Gives +4 advantage on hit, and puts you right in throw range, allowing you to mixup throws, WR BK, or WR K.
GS 1K: A low poke that's difficult to react to, and is neutral on hit. Expect a counterattack so follow-up with a fast attack like 4K or GS 3AA.
2K/FC A: Her 2K poke and FC A are both fast and have good range (especially for a poke/interrupt attack). If you're facing a very offensive opponent, you can literally alternate between these two and keep stuffing their counterattacks until they wise up and block. Really good way to annoy people.

Jolly:
6AB: Do the full move into crouch, only the first hit, et cetera. Leads to practically anything if it's not blocked. If it's blocked...Have fun losing half your health.
The ONLY good thing about this move's unsaftey is that they have to be FC to block it. Most people won't be able to stand and do a 3B, so combo-fiend characters like Viola can't get TOO much off of it.

alot of people react to JS 6A by ducking after, a launcher would do nicely before they realise.
I also just run right at them wait for them to duck expecting a slide/throw, then 66B them XD

another thing to be aware of about JS 6AB is that since the B is a low, it can be jumped...then you're screwed. Granted, not too many people actually jump the B but it's still something to keep in mind.

I'm not sure. I never actually played against Tira in SC4, and when I did, I don't remember 6AB being used.

EDIT: just tested it to make sure, and you can jump over the B of JS 6AB.

I find 4A incredibly useful against rushing opponents, hits them really well thanks to its range if you time it right, and functions the same as 22_88A, giving enough +frames on hit for an easy throw or mixup.​

I find 4A incredibly useful against rushing opponents, hits them really well thanks to its range if you time it right, and functions the same as 22_88A, giving enough +frames on hit for an easy throw or mixup.​
Are you referring to JS 4A or GS 4A?

JS 4A ~ 4K ~ GS 3B ~ 4A ~ 4K ~ 66 ~ 4K ~ 666bA+B+K

>:D

I am new to Tira and want to know exactly how her GS B+K works (what does it counter). And also, if there is any list of characters strings that can be interrupted with this move. Thanks!

I am new to Tira and want to know exactly how her GS B+K works (what does it counter). And also, if there is any list of characters strings that can be interrupted with this move. Thanks!
Her impact counters any non-kick/poke/unblockable mid moves. You can counter a few strings, like Xiba's 66B.B.B or Pyrrha's 66B+K.A.B, but you have to do GS B+K on the mid hit. It's a fairly instant aGI, so you have to be quick.

Try it out against Raphael's 6BbA+B+K/Preparation BbA+B+K brave edge to get a good idea of the correct timing for it. You've got to block everything but the last hit and drop your guard as well as input B+K right as the final hit of the multi-hit portion lands, it's a wonderful thing to do in a match :)

Awesome, also noticed that B+K isn't always useful on some telegraphed strings, solely because of pushback or range that makes the AT whiff. Like Nightmare's 22A.A

Back