Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Yeah, her 44(B) is a beastly move. I recently discovered that it connects after 3B 4A 4K if they don't tech, doing 3 less damage than 66B (unless near a wall/edge, it'll do more), but staying in gloomy and building great gauge.

Also, if they don't tech, 4B.B.B 4A 4K 22_88B 666B connects. :)
It was already in Decopon vid. But so many people watch others playing their characters with the blind eye :)

It appears that JS 4A has hitbox issues on shorter standing characters. It can't hit Xiba without being ridiculously close. Nevermind TCs, this is just when he's standing there doing nothing. It gets worse when Edge Master is using Tira's moveset as he stands significantly taller than her, in which case the whiff looks hilariously bad.

What's weird is... I didn't even do many lows. So it's kinda weird that you'd block that move. I wasn't doing mixups and mindraping you. o.o;

But it's awshum! I heart Tira again.. But I'll be one happy camper if they decide to be un-dumb and change the Brave Edges back. (Gloomy B+K aGI changes, too, please. <3)

Learning Tira gonna be tricky, cause i see im gonna have to learn moves that send me into the persona i want/need. and learn the specific attacks inside Jolly and Gloomy. Im also guessing the whole persona switch can catch opponents off guard when they dont pay any attention to Tira's changes...

Learning Tira gonna be tricky, cause i see im gonna have to learn moves that send me into the persona i want/need. and learn the specific attacks inside Jolly and Gloomy.
Yeah, pretty much the goal of Tira's play is to get to Gloomy and stay there. Jolly's good but it really can't compete.

Yeah. You'd like to avoid the moves with a higher change rate, for the most part. So use 66B, instead 666B, etc.

Personally, I don't mind switching to Jolly, so I overuse Gloomy's 666B move.

Yeah. You'd like to avoid the moves with a higher change rate, for the most part. So use 66B, instead 666B, etc.

Personally, I don't mind switching to Jolly, so I overuse Gloomy's 666B move.

Mmkay. What are some of Tira's bread and butter combos? And does she have a set persona at the start of every match? Or is it just Gloomy or Jolly?

My favorite is when JS 66B BE gets the lucky GS switch but the BT B+K immediately switches back to JS on hit.

Tira's persona at the start of the round is *USUALLY* whichever one she was at the end of the last one, but ringouts change that and occasionally it's different because because. Tira doesn't have as many good tools as a lot of characters, so you'd do well to learn as much as possible about her. GS 3B 4A 4K 66B/666B BE is a punish combo on everyone's short list, make it muscle memory lol. JS 3B 66AA is also decent and easy to pull off. There's tons more though, check the combo threads and such :D

Tira's persona at the start of the round is *USUALLY* whichever one she was at the end of the last one, but ringouts change that and occasionally it's different because because. Tira doesn't have as many good tools as a lot of characters, so you'd do well to learn as much as possible about her. GS 3B 4A 4K 66B/666B BE is a punish combo on everyone's short list, make it muscle memory lol. JS 3B 66AA is also decent and easy to pull off. There's tons more though, check the combo threads and such :D

Thanks Wandrian. And arent you in the XBL tournament? How'd your match go?

Thanks Wandrian. And arent you in the XBL tournament? How'd your match go?

Not that I really did anything, but you're welcome nonetheless.

Yep, and it went about as could be expected when one hasn't studied their matchups and plays like a zombie. I posted a video of it in the tourney thread if you want to see just how bad that looks(spoiler alert: pretty bad). I'll have to get around to studying more matchups and not playing like a zombie if I hope to win any matches, but of course.

Quick question, when they nerfed Tira, did they basically make her chance of changing moods via A+B miniscule? Because whenever I do a single A+B I rarely change mood.

Yeah, they reduced the change rate on JS 66B BE and 236K BE as well. I wouldn't say it "rarely" changes, but you'll often stay the previous state.

Yeah, they reduced the change rate on JS 66B BE and 236K BE as well. I wouldn't say it "rarely" changes, but you'll often stay the previous state.
True and personally, I've had more luck changing moods with 236K BE than with JS 66B BE...but that's just me.

Yeah, 236K BE seems to change 1/2 two times (on hit) for me, where as JS 66B is... far less often, I rarely use it so I don't really know.

Back