Tira General Discussion / Q&A

And also, if there is any list of characters strings that can be interrupted with this move. Thanks!
Here's the list. :D

The input in yellow is the one you'd be able to impact.

Patroklos- 66aA+B+K (second hit), 1bA+B+K (third hit)
Z.W.E.I.- 3aA+B+K (second hit)
Leixia- 3A.A, 66A.A, 6B.B/6B.bB, 4B.B, 33B.B, 4A+B (second hit), 4a+bB, 22kA.A, A.aA+B+K (first BE hit)
Natsu- 6A.B, WR A.A.A, 22K.A, 6B+K.B.B
Ezio- 6A.B.B, 66B.B, B.bA+B+K (first BE hit), 66B.bA+B+K
Raphel- B.B.B, Prep. B.bA+B+K (last hit)
Viola- 44B (second hit)
Pyrrha- 4A.B, 11A.A, 44K.B, 66B+K.A.B,
Siegfried- 44B.B (this one's a bit tricky. You have to tap guard after the first hit to stand, then B+K him), 22K.A.A.B, Chief Hold A (second hit), Side Hold B.B.B, 66kA+B+K (second hit), Chief Hold kA+B+K (second hit)
Hilde- 6A.K.B, Stage Three A (second hit), 3B.B, Stage Two B (second hit), Stage Three B (second hit), 3bA+B+K (second hit)
Xiba- B.B, FC A+B (second hit), 22A.B, 66B.B.B, 66K.B
Ivy- (B) (second hit), WR A+B.A, 66(A) (second hit), 22(B).B, 44B+K.B, 22bA+B+K (second hit)
Cervantes- WR A.B, B.B.B
Aeon- WR A.B, B.B.B, 6bA+B+K (last hit)
Tira- GS 3A.A, GS 4B:B, JS BT B+K.B, JS 44A.A
Nightmare- A.A.B, A.A.b4, 3A.A, B.B, 22A.A, 33bA+B+K (second hit)
Mitsurugi- FC 1B.B, kB (second hit), 4K.B, 66B.B, 11B.A.B, 3bA+B+K (second hit), Mist bA+B+K (second hit)
Yoshimitsu- 4K.B, 6B+K.B.B.B, 3A.bA+B+K (BE hit)
Dampierre- 3A.A.., 44A.B
Voldo- BT 6A.B, 2B.B, WR B.B, (B+K) (second hit), 6bA+B+K (second hit)
Astaroth- 1A.B, B.B, 1B.B, 3K.(A), 66A.B
Alpha Patroklos- 6A.A, BT B+K.B
Algol- 6A.A.B, 3A.A, 3B.B, 4B.A, 33A.B
Pyrrha Omega- 11A.A, 66B+K.A.B

Tira's jump K has a deceptively early tech jump.. Yoshi's CE cuts right through her feet a few times, but she kicks him. Looks like I know what I'm doing to counter his CE! :D

Tira's jump K has a deceptively early tech jump.. Yoshi's CE cuts right through her feet a few times, but she kicks him. Looks like I know what I'm doing to counter his CE! :D
I tried this out against my homie that mains yoshi a little a while ago today. He dropped his remote and walked out of the house when it snuffed his CE. Good find ^_^

All generic jumping moves (7A, 9B etc.) TJ very early in this game. Most of the time it is better just to block his CE and punish him hard as it is really unsafe.

Im not the best Tira player but I would like to some help against these Astaroph players im having trouble against online. Sorry if these are easy scrubby things but I just get my head around this persons tactics.

Usually the person will spam 1+a,a (low attack) or 1+a,b(mid) with astaroph, and when I block them im usually stunned. So this means astaroph can run in and go 66+B (charging axe move attack), run in and throw, or the move I hate the most, 66+K.

If I block the 66+k after astaroph does the 1+a,a (low attack) or 1+a,b(mid), it seems like astaraoph can do another 66+k almost immediately. I try side stepping the 66+k but it tracks most of the time.
My opponent can also make another 66+k come out immediately after the first (yet I can find this in astaraophs move list) and it makes it even more harder to fight against astaraoph.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try using Updraft moves more to get in. Astaroth doesn't really have an anti-air (can't believe I'm using that term for a 3d fighter) like Natsu or Ivy, plus if he uses 1AA, UD B will punish him badly. That alone should deter him from constantly abusing 1AA to keep you out of range.

For 1+A,A, if you time it right you can do updraft (8B+K) and jump behind him (or land on him with an attack depending on the distance) then launch (?) him as he recovers from the animation, but you can't back throw him because 1+A,A serves as a duck.​

With Astaroth, you'll probably be better off using only faster attacks(AA/BB/K/4K) and staying right in his face. Up close you've got to worry about throws, but if you aren't in his face and aren't using fast attacks you'll need to worry about his high damage long range attacks and be at his mercy basically. Always be ready to mash A or B intermittently when you're not using a fast attack because he'll be trying to throw you when you're not.

All forms of his shoulder charge(66K/FC 3K/66kA+B+K) are very unsafe on block, but also fast and the brave edge does two of them in a row basically. When you see that yellow flash, keep blocking until that second charge hits. You also can't really counter the brave edge version with anything other than a regular GI or your critical edge due to it's "armor" effect.

Also, watch out when he goes on the defensive and he has a whole bar of meter. This means he's going for his CE or a brave edge combo and those things hurt like hell.

And last but not least don't use Updraft(7*8*9 B+K) unless you're really far from him. He can grab you right out of the initial jump with his devastatingly powerful 2:8B+G throw for a third of your health...You don't want that.

1AA - you can jump second hit on block and punish.
1AB - you can step second hit and punish.
66K - it's safe on block (-10), you should JG it and punish with a launcher. In case of 66K BE, you can either step or JG second hit.
Updraft is pure gimmick, Asta can 28B+G you out of it.
With Astaroth, you'll probably be better off using only faster attacks(AA/BB/K/4K)
And eat 66K in your face.

BB works fine against any of his tackling attacks save for 66kA+B+K, he doesn't TC under it afterall.

I'm in need of assistance. I'm seriously trying to make Tira tournament viable, but when it comes to playing against anyone in tournament, it seems so much harder. It's not tournament nerves but I feel like I'm at a serious disadvantage. Can anyone give me some pointers on improvement? I'd show the last stream for a tournament I was shown in, but I have already learned that I was just playing too stupid to win. If anyone is willing to play some matches so I can see what it is that I can improve upon it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in need of assistance. I'm seriously trying to make Tira tournament viable, but when it comes to playing against anyone in tournament, it seems so much harder. It's not tournament nerves but I feel like I'm at a serious disadvantage. Can anyone give me some pointers on improvement? I'd show the last stream for a tournament I was shown in, but I have already learned that I was just playing too stupid to win. If anyone is willing to play some matches so I can see what it is that I can improve upon it would be greatly appreciated.
I'll play you. Though, I may not be on for a day or so. Also, upload some of your more recent matches to the video thread so we can give you some feedback there as well.

Is there any specific aspect about your gameplay that you feel is holding you back?

I'll play you. Though, I may not be on for a day or so. Also, upload some of your more recent matches to the video thread so we can give you some feedback there as well.

Is there any specific aspect about your gameplay that you feel is holding you back?
As much as I'd hate to admit it, I think Tira is holding me back. I also need to get it into my head that in tournies I can't be playing like an idiot.
This is the only footage of me playing. Starts at 01:01:20
http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/317985217
I switched to omega after losing and believe I did much better.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, I think Tira is holding me back. I also need to get it into my head that in tournies I can't be playing like an idiot.
This is the only footage of me playing. Starts at 01:01:20
http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/317985217
I switched to omega after losing and believe I did much better.
Tira's not holding you back, she's too strong. But her bigger moveset makes her more difficult to play than Ω in some ways. With only one match on the stream, it's hard to give useful advice, because it looked more like you were having trouble with Maxi than having trouble with Tira or Ω.

Back