Tira - Video and Discussion Thread

Come on Akazukin, I'm new to these forums (and hell the Soul calibur scene in general) and it didn't take me long to figure out Age_of_Truth was Hyrule ... lol. He even posted saying "here are some of my matches" or something to that effect.

It's all good, just... try not to argue continually, especially since you're a mod.

I mean... if you think this is really 'arguing', I dunno what to say. There will always be someone who disagrees with an opinion, and I am fine with them stating so. There was no personal insults and this is just the internet, I think people wanna just make drama out of nothing.

@ Kissblade- heh, sure I guess I didn't put 2+2 together... but then again, I didn't care who he was anyways.

As far as I am concerned Age of truth disliking my posts is something that happens every day to every forum, people don't agree. The concern on this "argument" making things look bad is totally overblown, there is no contingent of Tira/new SC5 players that are being scared off by this, and to suggest otherwise is bullocks.

As far as me being constructive, I will certainly endeavor to be at least more detailed as to why I think a Tira is winning, rather than generalizing. At least that can clear up some concerns, and we can get this particular thread going back to discussion related to vids.

Well I didn't think your post was overall insulting either. I don't think you were saying anything negative about Tira's play in the video as much as, it was more using unsafe tools that people were getting caught by due to unfamiliar moves. On topic though, people do get caught a lot by that Updraft follow up off the WS + B. While I try not to abuse it, it's a move I've noticed a lot of Tira's catch people with.

Akazukin, as stated in the PM, it's not for the sake of insults that I'm putting it to an end, but more the fact that it's dragged on for a while now and it's taking up a lot of the thread.

Mediocre vid at sub-par quality time!

...That sounded more exciting in my head. One our SA mods here recently took time off to duel me in a few mirror matches. Other than input lag and my bizarre desire to crouch block something I knew well beforehand was a mid(44b) it's kinda meh. But why not? I thought it was fun :3

There were a few more and they were about as close, but I failed to save them. Lololol, confirmation bias.

^I like how you just so happen to save the one where you win.. It was fun fighting you, though. I can't wait to find a job and get better internet..

Hence I mentioned confirmation bias. "This match was much better. Those ones where I lost? Yeah, much less interesting."

That was also right after I'd made a new save. I was an E5 in that video. I got so many messages from friends all concerned about my rank A1 dropping to newbie level, lol.

That was also right after I'd made a new save. I was an E5 in that video. I got so many messages from friends all concerned about my rank A1 dropping to newbie level, lol.

Yea, I was wondering why you were E5 when I added you to my rival list Sunday, but back to normal after I got home from work Monday.

Wish I could take a picture of it/recorded it yesterday, but played the infamous A1 Cat Girl yesterday. Rage quit after the KO popped up on my 3-1 win.

Oh, dude, Cat Girl sucks hard. They never fight me 'cause I always win. IF they accept, they rage quit. Pure talent right therrr.

Oh, dude, Cat Girl sucks hard. They never fight me 'cause I always win. IF they accept, they rage quit. Pure talent right therrr.

I know, I have seen videos before. I was just laughing at the face I have never run into one of the big names that do this before. One of those pat yourself on the back for training hard moments.

Enjoy!

i know my opponent made many mistakes, but he/she seems new to the game and mainly plays offline. i congratulate him/her on using so many characters, i learned very much from them!

alpha match isnt the same player, but they have encouraged me to research him! not in yet

Here's a few of my recent matches on PSN:

Ranked vs Asta

I admit that I was pretty sloppy in this match

a decent ZWEI player

I don't think I mentioned how much I dislike fighting Cervantes lol

Good stuff, you guys are really good.

I love Seth's Tira ringing herself out in the Belial match - second unluckiest thing I have ever seen in this game.

another recent match I did on my alt PSN account. I wanted to post this video mainly to show Tira's wall combo damage in action. It's at the end of round 2 and I was able to close it out and it wasn't even the whole combo :)

Back