Tira Video Archive and Discussion

I'm sorry but I can't help but think those matches were the result of a turbo controller. If you're literally MASHING the stick till it breaks for those multiple JFs, very nice job. I like to think Tira is worth more than her 666666-insert button here- though...

I'm sorry but I can't help but think those matches were the result of a turbo controller. If you're literally MASHING the stick till it breaks for those multiple JFs, very nice job. I like to think Tira is worth more than her 666666-insert button here- though...

Lol it's really not hard to do multiple consecutive BFs. Thing is using them the way he did would normally get you killed but it's fun to watch.

LMGameVideos: Your opponents didn't seem to block so we didn't get to see your real skill. I noticed you missed a few damage opportunities (I can elaborate if you want) but I'm sure that'll come with time. Hopefully you can find some good offline competition and show us what you can really do! Neverminding that it's online your Tira seems fine. Good vids.

If you are referring to me, I do not use a turbo controller. I do not even see how they are compatible with a fighter game, I would assume they are mainly for FPS. I just with Tira, just by simply tapping the analog stick.

LMGameVideos: Your opponents didn't seem to block so we didn't get to see your real skill. I noticed you missed a few damage opportunities (I can elaborate if you want) but I'm sure that'll come with time. Hopefully you can find some good offline competition and show us what you can really do! Neverminding that it's online your Tira seems fine. Good vids.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, you can elaborate some of the damage opportunities if you like, I am always happy to hear more tips. If I knew where to look for offline competition, I would do that a lot more. The gamestop near me, use to have events, where buyers would pick a game for one night, just for people to come play & compete, but that doesn't happen anymore. :| Anyway though, thanks for the nice reply.

If you are referring to me, I do not use a turbo controller. I do not even see how they are compatible with a fighter game, I would assume they are mainly for FPS. I just with Tira, just by simply tapping the analog stick.

Again, very nice job if you did so manually; I didn't mean to offend.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's this "secret" JF :2::A:+:B: I'm hearing about? I must know!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's more of a :1::aB:

I used to mess around with it in the beginning. However, I cannot get it off as consistently as I want so I just stopped bothering.

You did not offend at all lol, I just seem to be asked that often..I do my best to explain. I never knew there was a secret JF, can you explain some?

Ok I'm re-watching them. In your match 15 vid:

* You can combo JS 22_88B or GS 66B after 1A. Those are the standards.
* Same combo possibilities after 88K. 44K doesn't combo after it in GS.

Match 17: After GS 22_88A do 2A+B. BF 66K does a few points more damage but can sometimes be inconsistent.

Impressive how you kept getting GS 4B:B. I don't go for JFs online.

My only beef with 66B after 1A is when I do the perfect version I can sometimes miss the final hit because it pushes them too far out. It's so demoralizing...

Ok I'm re-watching them. In your match 15 vid:

* You can combo JS 22_88B or GS 66B after 1A. Those are the standards.
* Same combo possibilities after 88K. 44K doesn't combo after it in GS.

Match 17: After GS 22_88A do 2A+B. BF 66K does a few points more damage but can sometimes be inconsistent.

Impressive how you kept getting GS 4B:B. I don't go for JFs online.

Thank you:D

You did not offend at all lol, I just seem to be asked that often..I do my best to explain. I never knew there was a secret JF, can you explain some?

Shinobi Brown mentioned what I was talking about. A move in JS that looks like GS :2::A:+:B:. It's :1::aB:. Is it hard to do? Do people even get surprised by it? Most people I know don't understand Tira enough to go "Yo! She too happy fo dat!

Shinobi Brown mentioned what I was talking about. A move in JS that looks like GS :2::A:+:B:. It's :1::aB:. Is it hard to do? Do people even get surprised by it? Most people I know don't understand Tira enough to go "Yo! She too happy fo dat!

Ahhh, I know what you are talking about, I have done that move in one of my videos aswell (Fight 15). It is:1::aB: and its VERY annoying to pull off. I wouldn't expect people to get surprised by it, if they do not know what it is. I do not bother with it much, but I sometimes try, and like rarely get it.

LMGameVideos - only watched the first vid but saw some nice ideas. My only advice is to find stronger competition and play a lil' more safe, I'm sure if you pulled that current play style at a major tournament they'd just turtle and punish you all day.
-Q

LMGameVideos - only watched the first vid but saw some nice ideas. My only advice is to find stronger competition and play a lil' more safe, I'm sure if you pulled that current play style at a major tournament they'd just turtle and punish you all day.
-Q

I am pretty confident with my style of play, so I would rather not worry about being 'punished'. I would, like to try at a tournament though, to see what I could do. I would not mind having a Tira match with you, if so..Send me message? If not, that's cool.

I am pretty confident with my style of play, so I would rather not worry about being 'punished'. I would, like to try at a tournament though, to see what I could do. I would not mind having a Tira match with you, if so..Send me message? If not, that's cool.

Take his advice, regardless of whether u're confident or not. It's solid advice. Your game is a bit risky, but the level of your opponents don't reflect it.

Take his advice, regardless of whether u're confident or not. It's solid advice. Your game is a bit risky, but the level of your opponents don't reflect it.

What do you mean by risky? I don't really need to take his advice though, I am open for help and tips on how I can improve, but not to be told how I can get beaten at a tournament. You, him nor I know if i can get beaten at a tournament, because I have never been to one. Sure, I'll look around for one, there is some kind of tournament here in Atlanta though, I am most likely going to attend as my first. Who knows, maybe my style with Tira might be decent? Lets not criticize my style though, EVERYONE is different. :D

What do you mean by risky? I don't really need to take his advice though, I am open for help and tips on how I can improve, but not to be told how I can get beaten at a tournament. You, him nor I know if i can get beaten at a tournament, because I have never been to one. Sure, I'll look around for one, there is some kind of tournament here in Atlanta though, I am most likely going to attend as my first. Who knows, maybe my style with Tira might be decent? Lets not criticize my style though, EVERYONE is different. :D

Being open for help and tips INVOLVES being told how you can be beaten in tournaments. If one points out a flaw in your gameplan (ie lack of safety as Xiomar mentioned), you make a mental note on it and improve. You don't scuff it off saying "that's my style" and think that weak attempt to defend yourself and your "style" is going to hold any weight. As someone said earlier, you're confident in your play style because your competition is not strong enough (It clearly showed in the vids you posted).

I mop the floor with the majority of the SC competition at my college with Tira. Am I confident in my playstyle? No. I make a lot of dumb decisions in my gameplan. I might get away with it against the comp I have at college but that doesn't make the gameplan any less flawed.

Bottom Line, you're "style" is going to be criticized (which is what you should WANT anyway if you want to get better). You can either be smart and make a mental note from the advice given to you, or ignorantly scuff it off as you find your "style" to be effective enough (despite the fact that you're playing Lag Calibur IV in the first place).

PS: I can't exactly say your style is any different from any other casual SC player who randomly decides to pick up Tira (BF spam all day).

PSS: Since you're in Georgia, I really hope you're going to Final Round XII. I'm sure that will put things in prospective for you and your style of play.

I wasn't sure if I should have quoted the post above me. Anyway though, I understand what you are saying and I apologize. I have been recording some more fights, finding some more experienced players and winning some/losing some. I hope to post the new ones soon.

PS: I am not sure what tournament you are talking about, all I know, is that I read a thread in your regional section and found a post about Atlanta, GA. It's on April 4th at the Computer Arena, but I am still trying to find out more details about it, like if it's private or not. If this is the Final Round XII then great, I will be attending. If not, then I hope this is something similar.

Again, my apologies:|

Back