Tira Video Archive and Discussion

:D I am sure this is a known combo, but I always have trouble pulling it off. I was quite shocked I got it.
(20 hit/100dmg)

Plus a funny attack glitch thing

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum)

@LMG: Yeah, the self ROing glitch from the 66K AT has been known about for a while now. I found out the hard way back when the game was first released. BTW, when checking damage, always make sure the dummy's armor isn't broken as it affects the damage dealt. In the vid, it shows your dummy's high and mid portion of armor was broken. So that combo would not do 100 dmg to an opponent in the beginning of a match (with none of his/her armor pieces broken).

@bookie: notion for the first combo;

GS 6Aaaaaa W!, 4B::B::B, 22_88A, BF 44K W!, BF 44K, BF 66B.

@LMG: Yeah, the self ROing glitch from the 66K AT has been known about for a while now. I found out the hard way back when the game was first released. BTW, when checking damage, always make sure the dummy's armor isn't broken as it affects the damage dealt. In the vid, it shows your dummy's high and mid portion of armor was broken. So that combo would not do 100 dmg to an opponent in the beginning of a match (with none of his/her armor pieces broken).

I had no idea armor affects damage, probably because I never do special. Lol, call me noob or whatever but, is there like a guide, or some kind of help I can use to understand (GS 6Aaaaaa W!, 4B::B::B, 22_88A, BF 44K W!, BF 44K, BF 66B) talk? I don't understand the characters.

i cant do that many bfs :( i can only get them consistant the the right hand side ... i rarely get bf 44 k, bf 66 b... when i try i usually stuff up the timing for the 44k if i try .. :( whats the notation for teh second, am i right in saying its BF 44b, BF 66a, bf 66a, bf 66k? tho ill probably never actually do it in a match cause i cant do that many bf's in the one combo, tho all being to teh right side i might have better luck with it than the first one .. depending on the direction im facing lol.

for those who play on a stick doesnt it hurt your hand doing heaps of them in a match?

LM: Armor is in standard too. Check out the Newbie Silencer in the Soul Calibur IV General forum to learn notation.

Ljkabookie: You can mash through all the attacks to get the BFs ie. bufferable. I always overbuffer so doing lots of consecutive BFs is easy. Yes your notation's right. And the multiple BF 66As do not combo. You can AC away.

LM: Armor is in standard too. Check out the Newbie Silencer in the Soul Calibur IV General forum to learn notation.

Ljkabookie: You can mash through all the attacks to get the BFs ie. bufferable. I always overbuffer so doing lots of consecutive BFs is easy. Yes your notation's right. And the multiple BF 66As do not combo. You can AC away.

Nevermind, edit--Found it, thanks

i tried to set it up and cant do it at all

i have yet to do this once

i even set it up like 50 times in training

never did it

was it fixed in a patch?

You're talking about the combo notion I posted right?

Well I haven't tried it for myself yet, I just typed what I saw was done in the vid LMG posted.

nah the self RO i even tried to do it and failed

shows how bad i am with tira lol.......

i cant even self RO my self right

thats beyond fail

Lulz, you have to make sure the opponent would have fallen out of the ring had you not connected with the 66K.

I highly doubt Bamco patched that BS out.

the video doesnt help much but i kind of get what you are trying to do.

for the first combo:

GS 6Aaaaaa W!, 4B::B, 22_88A, BF 44K W!, BF 44K, BF 66B.

its a good combo to lose damage to your opponent.
i have doing this with one more move inside. after GS 6Aaaaa W! you can do 88 B and after that the rest combo.
Tira must be diagonaly from the opponent before you press 6Aaaaa.

the other combo GS 44B, 88B, 66666A,66666A.....(its not guaranteed since you can Air control it after the first 66666A.) :(

Hope you like this! :)
(There is also another video like this one at the Ivy SA, made by dittO)

The next time i'll upload something it'll be definitely some vs matches ;p

Quote: Originally Posted by angelic_fragment View Post (Post ID: #84890)
best tira ever?

more like sub par NM.

he is good but he uses many moves that leave Tira open many times(Nightmare player didn't take the advantage for some reason).if you noticed he is trying to pressure Nightmare especially at the first round to do some quick damage.this is not bad but its not good either.in the middle of second round (i think) NM player slowly take the advantage because he realise some "tricks" to punish Tira or generally moves that can pressure Tira especially in JS.anyway it was a good Tira but i have see better in other vids.

as for Nightmare.im not the expert but i have an NM player here who is better than him in the vid.the NM vid player doesnt use the RO potential game.(i think i use the write word....potential) anyway....no grabs no pressure moves like 1[A] and some RO techniques that now i can't explain.he can do better than that.after all NM to Tira is 6-4 :P

Haha... rings clashing... I won't even ask how long that took you to make.

yeah lol. :) i think about an hour.but i spend most of my time at a paper which i was wrote the moves to execute.

i came here on my lunch to watch tira vids.....and there is soooooo much talking here T_T....more post of just talking than actual vids...... ; ;

i came here on my lunch to watch tira vids.....and there is soooooo much talking here T_T....more post of just talking than actual vids...... ; ;

Some of my recent casuals to bring this thread back to life.
Pls criticize.

goods fighting therr Arn, i have a question though, what did u use to record though, because id love to record some of my online battles??

I currently have some on youtube, but the quality is so bad im too ashamed to post the link

Back