Types of Scrubs

The Frame Scrub

This scrub is similar to the tier scrub in which they like to argue theory every chance they get, but when they play the game they play Ping Pong Calibur. They never attack at disadvantage and always attack at advantage, thus creating a your turn my turn game. This mind-set can easily be beaten by doing the exact opposite (attack at disadvantage and reposition yourself while at advantage since they'll never attack.).
cervantes players fall in this category more often than not.

scrub said:
That's "the sky is blue" kind of info. For the most part, people don't have a need to be a reminded of it. Well, half the folks here at least seem to.
If about 50% of the population does not know the sky is blue we are:
A) In big trouble.
B) In need of a new phrase to describe a well known fact.
C) Teaching that blue seen is due to refraction, and that the sky has no intrinsic color.

The sky is still blue. Ranked is still ranked. Things'll need to change drastically before either of those statements is untrue beyond semantics.

What about the Salty Scrub? He who believes that he has some standard but when he loses, starts complaining about:
1) lag
2) lag tactics
3) misinput
4) controller problems
5) phone call
6) dog bit finger
7) holding piss
8) etc etc

I fall under that category :)

The Frame Scrub

This scrub is similar to the tier scrub in which they like to argue theory every chance they get, but when they play the game they play Ping Pong Calibur. They never attack at disadvantage and always attack at advantage, thus creating a your turn my turn game. This mind-set can easily be beaten by doing the exact opposite (attack at disadvantage and reposition yourself while at advantage since they'll never attack.).
Commonly known as any non-tournament Sophitia player in SCIV.

Idea: "I have a life scrub"

A scrub who plays horribly and masks his short comings by claiming adept nature in other areas of life. This scrub ends up spending more time playing a videogame, claiming he has "a life", than actually doing what he claims to do.

Better yet, We can call this scrub a LesPaulScrub.

The only people I think are scrubs are people who use something as petty as a video game to justify tribalism, elitism, egotism, bullying and or compensating for some character defect or physical "short-comings". Which, I think covers about everybody.

The only people I think are scrubs are people who use something as petty as a video game to justify tribalism, elitism, egotism, bullying and or compensating for some character defect or physical "short-comings". Which, I think covers about everybody.

I'm better than you so shutup

Perhaps we are in need of another form of these species...

Plot Obsession Scrub

A scrub in who overly obsesses over character plotlines, stories, personalities and character relationships rather than actual gameplay. These scrubs develop over time and are usually found under those who have been playing a series for more than eleven years of their life. Some tend to treat the characters as if they have known them in reality, considering characters as family, or merely taking a liking or falling in love with a fictional character.

As a result, family and friends of these scrubs in real life tend to refer to these as 'having no lives' or 'being [insert name of gaming series here] freaks'.

Plot Obsession Scrubs can also coincide with other forms of scrubs, mainly those unrelated to actual gameplay.

So non-scrubs:
  1. Can't be bad
  2. Can't spam one string
  3. Can't win consectuively or boast
  4. Can't talk theory
  5. Can't like a character, and stick with them through hard times
  6. Can't post or comment on videos
  7. Can't give people advice, or point out broken moves/strings (see no. 2)
  8. Can't be good
  9. Can't be 30+ years old male.
In other words... non-scrubs don't exist. So, scrubs don't exist either :)
I think you perfectly said what I was thinking.

No 4 is the only one I don't agree with @_@ It's not about being a tier martyr, it's about making something that's underwhelming work. I'm not one to switch simply because I have to work harder at something.

For the most part.

If they're so unbelievably awful that I can't even begin to come up with anything effective then they may just become a secondary <_> but for the most part, no.

The veteran scrub

To put it simply, these types of scrubs are a mix of The Pro Scrub, The Tier Scrub and The Local Champ Scrub. The only difference is they're lazy nostalgia whores who simply don't do enough research for tiers and knowing what makes a good game. As a result, their approach is one with confidence like the local champ scrub who knows it. Despite the fact they have some skill, nostalgia clouds their judgement and can sometimes make them feel the game is ruined and very noob friendly. More than likely, these aren't hard to find since they'll be quick to say for instance, "I miss SCIV" plus a bunch of mumbo jumbo that are fallacies or something similar.

The type of scrub I would put in front of a firing squad, then have the entire family of said scrub executed with no remorse whatsoever:
Anyone who uses the word 'cannon' in serious discussion.

Back