Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

There's not a lot of low tier characters. Despite the games brokenness a lot of the roster is fully viable...and i don't even think any of the low tiers can do the DHC glitch...there's a few middle tiers though and they wont fall to low tier if they lose it. But like why the fuck does Magneto, Wolverine, Wesker, Zero, Sentinal need that?!? They'll still be high and top tier without it.

Placing wolv is hard. He is a damage out putting machine with decent mix ups...but falls victim to needing assists. As a point character he is high tier, but he does have flaws.

Yeah I guess everybody shits meter, has excellent DHCs that work with nearly everybody, has one of the best overall air normals in the game, has unseeable safe l/r mixups that leave you in a position to punish the opponent if they try and hit your assist like Wolverine does, my bad.

lol sounds like sore'casm. Really the game is still growing as we figure stuff out and tier perception is highly suspect as a lot of characters still have untapped potential and fall in the category of only being good in the right hands. EVO will surely cause a change in how we view the game. I'm keeping my eye on MODOK.

Dully really loves him some wolverine...

I think Iron man will be showing up more, but that's just a hunch. He seems like a character that is being underutilized.

Iron Man's Unibeam is one of the best assists in the game for pressure and keeping your opponent's assists off of the screen. Still, he doesn't have a safe DHC and, while his normals have decent range, you have to do a lot of cancelling on block to keep him safe and, because of that, though it's extremely easy in this game, have to hit confirm a bunch of stuff. I just realized that I've never tried using Alpha Counter (or whatever it's called in MvC3) with him, though. He can keep people at bay with his normals if you can read their movements. Still, a lot of his close range stuff gets beaten and it seems like you have forever and a day to whiff punish all of his normals if he's using them defensively.

Oh yeah, I always try to keep 3 gauges stocked with him, because Iron Avenger is almost as good as Zero's level 3 for punishment.

I like Iron Man but he's a hit confirm nightmare. you really have to pay attention to how you hit them, what range, did you hit, and can react quick enough to adjust. Even simple triangle jump j.MM,land, 2MH can often lead to a very sad 2H at the end and that means no launch. He's good though, but you have to pur work into him. I love repulsor blast assist as well.

He is a solid character you just have to pay more attention with him, which is actually a good thing if you think about it. On another note I've been messing around with Skrull and Chun, they are really fun to play with, especially with Chun since she has frame advantage on almost everything she does.

Yeah, and Chun can jump cancel a lot of her stuff to keep pressure. That triple jump usually surprises people who try to zone. I just couldn't figure out a team to put her on outside of my Viper, Felicia, Chun team. =(

I think you can stick Chun with a lot of people what with her thunder thigh assist, I'm considering tossing her in my Hulk team, also considering putting her up with Doom and taskmaster.

You should stick Chun on the sidelines with Arthur and Cap. There's no point in playing characters like them when there are others who do what they do and with far less effort. Then again, I like winning and not being zoned the fuck out by mindless disruptor/drones with a character who does shit damage, has shit health and can't get in. If you want a lockdown assist, pick Akuma tatsu; if you want a battery, play Wesker; if you want to flail around on your stick and somehow win, play Phoenix.

You should stick Chun on the sidelines with Arthur and Cap. There's no point in playing characters like them when there are others who do what they do and with far less effort. Then again, I like winning and not being zoned the fuck out by mindless disruptor/drones with a character who does shit damage, has shit health and can't get in. If you want a lockdown assist, pick Akuma tatsu; if you want a battery, play Wesker; if you want to flail around on your stick and somehow win, play Phoenix.

I play hulk and I don't get zoned out that often and I tend to win quiet a bit. I'd rather play a character that I enjoy playing than what everyone is saying is the "best".​

I likes Sentinel! Dat robot boots people to hell!! I just wish there could've been a mode where you could pick 3 of the same character like MvC2... Three robots is fun!

No chun is incredible and can be used in many teams. Either pair her with meter abusers and assists to helps her get in on point, or put her as an assist with an aggressive character or a cross up intensive one. The big things about Chun is the fact she can do HUGE combos without burning meter and can keep constant chipping pressure once in. She's a great character but needs a proper assist unless you put her at the back on lvl 3 where she becomes insane.

How's she incredible, again? Aside from lightning legs having a dumb hitbox, what else is there? What do you do when people stop running into it like morons? And good luck getting in on a flyer with her. No beam assist is going to help her there, especially considering disruptor says "fuck you" to pretty much any assist you can think of. These "huge combos" you speak of also build about as much meter as a simple Wesker BnB for far more effort, less damage and in the end having a far worse character on your team. What exactly does she have over him? Nothing, hence why she isn't "incredible" at all.

Then again, you're also the one who thinks Wolverine's mix-ups are "decent." Yeah, instant 50/50 that can lead to x-factor into character kill + yet another 50/50 on the way in is just decent. Please inform me of these other high-level mix-ups I haven't seen before. Left/right is THE mix-up in this game, and a character who can do it brainlessly for no effort and virtually no risk is going to rule this game. The fact that he also controls the air with divekick/air throw option select bullshit means you aren't getting away from it, either. Also consider that the only way to reliably punish divekick is by x-factoring through the blockstun. Good luck with that if he's also teamed with Phoenix. Requiring assists to be successful doesn't make him drop from top tier. Dante is considered to be top tier but isn't that great on his own either. Just because a character doesn't fit into every slot on a team does NOT make them worse. Versatility is nice but doesn't really matter when you can do what you need to do and well. Goddamn, it's like talking a brick wall here.

I'm one of those people that think Wolvey's only decent. Sucks we all can't play each other. Would say that I'll go ahead and prove my thoughts at UGFT, but I honestly lost interest in the game and don't know if I'll pick it back up. I beat most of Chicago's best players without them getting past my point character, though, and I just wanted to know if I was decent at the game.

Also, Drizzle, divekick pressure is old news. Wolverine DOES not control the air. Yeah, OS airthrow is pretty stupid, but almost all of the characters can bait it and I know for a fact that Storm and Trish can even launch punish it. On top of that, if you're spacing correctly, it's not even a factor (not to mention that every divekick blocked in the air gives you advantage). It's even worse if you have someone like Trish , but that's another story (though any character with airdash and double/jump can also take advantage of it).

And, really, blocked divekick on the ground is only scary if you don't know what you're doing. Supposedly, divekick doesn't even give him frame advantage, but a combination of the block stun and his crouching light make it seem like it (I can't confirm or deny because I frankly stopped caring about the game when that news came out, but I did try to check it out in some matches and was able to beat out any follow-up most of the time, but I'm not sure if it was because of my partners' delay or what).

If you're afraid of dive kix, learn to simply advancing guard and space. If someone's that divekick happy, also, you should be getting throw attempts all over the place.

I'm not saying Wolverine's bad, but he's actually pretty limited once you understand him. Like I said, though, few people are trying to understand the game and instead are just waiting for the top players to tell them what to play next.

This game is VERY simple and, quite honestly, most of the characters need an assist to be effective...because some of the keepaway characters in this game (Trish especially) have too much of a reward for little to no risk.

Oh yeah, Felicia's OS airthrow is, hands down, the best. Though she can duck projectiles, I guess, I think the biggest thing holding her back is an airdash.

I did some keepaway to a lot of people last night, mainly Hulk, Wolverine, and Wesker, and I determined that most characters with air dashes and projectiles can do keepaway far too easily. I had sentinel assist with Magneto on point, and I think it'd be even easier if I had Haggar or Akuma as an assist. Basically, disruptor is nearly impossible for wolverine to get around, and every time he tried to dive-kick me I super jumped and air-dashed up before doing hypergrav. This could KILL him. The only thing that scared me all night from Wolverine was Berserker Mode plus X Factor, which makes him stupid fast.

I did some keepaway to a lot of people last night, mainly Hulk, Wolverine, and Wesker, and I determined that most characters with air dashes and projectiles can do keepaway far too easily. I had sentinel assist with Magneto on point, and I think it'd be even easier if I had Haggar or Akuma as an assist. Basically, disruptor is nearly impossible for wolverine to get around, and every time he tried to dive-kick me I super jumped and air-dashed up before doing hypergrav. This could KILL him. The only thing that scared me all night from Wolverine was Berserker Mode plus X Factor, which makes him stupid fast.

You should try Magneto keepaway with Jam Session assist.

Also consider that the only way to reliably punish divekick is by x-factoring through the blockstun

Hulk s.M and S.H> DIve kick, Also Dorm s.M xx Dark hole> Mag Distruptor.

I find it funny that people don't know that in a firefight Hulk can beat out every beam in the game except hypers. His Gamma wave his higher priority than than any other beam. Meaning people have to stay in the air if they want to try and beam assist you to death.

Back