Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

is orb 1A+B 66A+BB a true combo or is it techable? I know it's unsafe to do 1A+B unless you make a good low read, but I never thought it could combo. I haven't tested it in training mode yet, but people seem to do this online a lot.

EDIT: NVM, doesn't combo, just tech to the left to escape this bullshit.
I do this all the time and no one has ever teched for what it's worth.

unless there are other tech traps that viola can do to catch her right, I am gonna tech left every time I fall for the 1A+B

Sorry ninja, but its techable.
Personally I do 1A+B 2B then you have options
Yeah, I know. People usually don't tech the right way though. Oddly enough, I have never EVER had anyone tech but after the discussion came to hand yesterday, somebody teched. Lol

870 ?
Dnt need to tech you can roll left and avoid the 44A and 66A+B.
hence why I just 2B for guaranteed and plus you get WR oki options.

Typo. I meant to say 8,702, which is more in line with her typical damage. It's true they can roll, but doing so after any Viola knockdown gives her a free ticket to set the orb or go into Set 6B+K faceroll mode. 2B+K BE might launch them for not teching also but I'm not 100% sure if they can just block that or not.

fuck... spent like 2 hours in training mode, and I still can't even do the 50% bar BNB consistently.
the simple 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE 6 AAB 66B 66A+BB
I keep screwing up on the 6 part because I can't consistently press 6 for the same amount of time. I tried to do 66 too, but it's not much improvement either. is it easier to do this on a pad than a stick?

will adding the tokido filler help? the 6B+K B can't connect on the 2A+B 2B+K BE because B doesn't reach far enough without taking a step forward. I also tried to do 6B+K 6B, but opponent keeps air control out after 6B hits so the orb can't hit them.

I think I need the 66A is automatic step forward just the right amount to connect, but I can't figure out the timing.
here this guy posted this ROC method, but I can't understand why he buffer the 4 before 2B+K BE. does this mean he buffers ROC before hand?
http://8wayrun.com/threads/viola-combo-tech-trap-discussion.9661/page-39#post-579915
I am seeing a lot of violas online being able to land that 6B+K 66A, maybe this is the method they are using?

I also tried to do the alternate 3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+K BE etc, but even when it connects, I find myself still needing to do the step forward because AAB can't connect.

fuck... spent like 2 hours in training mode, and I still can't even do the 50% bar BNB consistently.
the simple 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE 6 AAB 66B 66A+BB
I keep screwing up on the 6 part because I can't consistently press 6 for the same amount of time. I tried to do 66 too, but it's not much improvement either. is it easier to do this on a pad than a stick?

will adding the tokido filler help? the 6B+K B can't connect on the 2A+B 2B+K BE because B doesn't reach far enough without taking a step forward. I also tried to do 6B+K 6B, but opponent keeps air control out after 6B hits so the orb can't hit them.

I think I need the 66A is automatic step forward just the right amount to connect, but I can't figure out the timing.
here this guy posted this ROC method, but I can't understand why he buffer the 4 before 2B+K BE. does this mean he buffers ROC before hand?
http://8wayrun.com/threads/viola-combo-tech-trap-discussion.9661/page-39#post-579915
I am seeing a lot of violas online being able to land that 6B+K 66A, maybe this is the method they are using?

I also tried to do the alternate 3B AAB 6(A+B) 2B+K BE etc, but even when it connects, I find myself still needing to do the step forward because AAB can't connect.
You keep over thinking this. It's really simple.
3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE
No problems here right? Do the Tokido way. More damage and it's easier to consistently do.
6B+K B
This shouldn't be difficult. Right after 2B+K BE's cooldown, input 6B+K. Right after 6B+K's cooldown, press B. B should not be missing, at all. You should need no step forward. B reaches far enough, so you're doing something weird.
AAB 66B 66A+B
Sometimes you have to delay the AAB the slightest if the launch is wonky. Use your best judgement. I think you know the rest.

If you can't do 6B+K B, then you won't be able to do 66A most likely. B is the easiest version with less damage while 66A requires for you to get the timing down for more damage.

If you completely REFUSE to do the Tokido method, then yes, you have to take a step forward. Although, not using his method would not be intelligible.

Please, PLEASE, stop thinking too hard about it. Her standard combos require barely any skill. Look at some videos of Viola online doing the combo if you still can't get it.

EDIT: Are you on PSN? I'd gladly help you.

because I am just starting, I am wondering if I could work on the basic basic BNB or go with tokido method if his is actually easier. that's why I asked.

yeah psn, I will add you.

btw, I really want to know this buffer thing he was talking about because he is giving this easy way to do 66A, but I don't understand it. if I can learn to do 66A, I am sure I won't miss the BNB because it covers so much space
2. buffer 4 right before 2(b+k) BE. So 4b, 4, 2(b+k) BE, 6(b+k), 66a, etc. etc.
why does he do the ROC before 2B+K BE? does 2A+B put viola in tc state? and how does this affect moves after 2B+K BE?

Yeah, if you're going to learn Viola, just do the Tokido method. Much more worth your while.

I have literally no idea whatsoever what he's talking about. You have to buffer the 66A but I've never heard of the 4. Just go into practice and keep trying until you find the rhythm and can do it consistently.

uggh, another problem that I had but forgot to ask until now... 6B+K 2A 44ABE, the BE part doesn't come out...
I was mashing the ABK button so hard, but it still only gives me 44AB wtf? do I need to wait for a bit to mash ABK or something?

EDIT: ah never mind, I do remember I could wait for hit confirm for 44ABE, but I never thought of doing that in a combo.

how do all you viola players memorize the timings for all the different combos? all her stuff have a specific moment, if you do it right away when you can move again, many things will miss. if you do it even just slightly late, and the combo will fail. because the combo strings are so incredibly long, it's so easy to screw up half way.

I managed to get 6B+K B to land after 2B+K BE, but if I do AAB right away, the target will get hit by A, and the AB will miss completely, and after AAB, if 66B is done right away, it will miss too. this means I have to add in small delays after tokido filler and after AAB. I easily drops the combo with that delay because AAB's hit box so small...

I am just so used to characters that can link from 1 move to another without delays that it's giving me trouble when I try to learn viola.

its all feeling. you get used it and it becomes second nature.
What the guys is saying in that thread, is doing Instant while standing, but this is for this combo : 4B 2B+K BE 6A+B. Ignore it as you will confuse, he hasnt written it properly.
You need to learn when you are neutral, so you can 66A.

What the guys is saying in that thread, is doing Instant while standing, but this is for this combo : 4B 2B+K BE 6A+B. Ignore it as you will confuse, he hasnt written it properly.
You need to learn when you are neutral, so you can 66A.
he also mentioned this for the basic 3B combo in the next post, not just 4B. thing is I don't understand why RCC before 2B+K BE makes 6B+K 66A easier to do.
w/o orb or (set) 3b, aab, 2(a+b), RCC, 2(b+k) BE, 6(b+k), 66a, into what ever you want.

he also mentioned this for the basic 3B combo in the next post, not just 4B. thing is I don't understand why RCC before 2B+K BE makes 6B+K 66A easier to do.
Don't listen to whatever he said with buffering 4, you'll only get really confused. Try to be able to do 6B+K B consistently, and then once that is down just feel around for the timing of 66A.

If you think this is hard try doing LP combos into isw in tekken, thats hard buffering, lol. But seriously, you just kind of feel it out and should have it down within like 20 mins of practice.

Back