Viola General Discussion / Q&A

In case you guys didn't see it yet,
Any comments or something? Personally I think there goes Viola's chance at EVO, but part of me also thinks that Kayane can pull through. :P Good luck, Kayane.

The end is near! muhahahha kidding....well ninja it's still a fighting game u know what that means? it means no one can play perfectly against any character...don't need to worry since there still gonna have to deal with her high damage and have to guess between her throws plus not every char is like Ivy meaning they don't have moves thar TC or TS such as 3b and 214b...ah poor zwei lol I wonder if he could use 66B+K tho.

The end is near! muhahahha kidding....well ninja it's still a fighting game u know what that means? it means no one can play perfectly against any character...don't need to worry since there still gonna have to deal with her high damage and have to guess between her throws plus not every char is like Ivy meaning they don't have moves thar TC or TS such as 3b and 214b...ah poor zwei lol I wonder if he could use 66B+K tho.
True, true. But hopefully, they won't start guessing right. lol

That should all be basic knowledge for tournament players.

So true... This should have been discovered a long time by now.

It also doesn't make her any worse of a character, because Viola has plenty of tools to use as an answer or a mix-up. It does make her a harder character since people finally stop falling for so much nonsense.

Well, they can be air-controlled to the same degree, it's just that SET has a whole follow-up combo that you're missing out on while ORB does not.

Does anyone have any tips for people who like to roll backwards? I've started finishing combos with :8::A+B: and have learnt how to put good use to SET :6::B+K: for great oki and in general, but the biggest annoyance I find is not people who know to duck/punish :B::B::B: or who play a good spacing game, it's when people roll backwards once I've knocked them down. Is there any way to reliably deal with this? If you're expecting someone to roll back, what do you do?

66B
1A+B
2B+K
33B_33(B)
44B
B+K
Run and start 6B+K or 4A+B pressure

66K BE might be a good option too but I have never tried this one.

Depends on whether or not you have the orb on you. If you do, I recommend 66A+B,B. If not, set up some 6B+K mindgames.

Does anybody have any recommendations or thoughts upon this combination? It's nothing spectacular, but I've found it to be fun to use every now and then.

3B - AAB - 6AB - BK - 66K (BE)

I sometimes have trouble with BK after 6AB, because it sends the opponent moving sideways. Do you think it could be more accurate if I practise on my timing?

Also, Viola's 4B+K...

In her move list, it says that it is a Guard Impact. I've never seen it used successfully, though, and it doesn't have the green Guard Impact glow...

Is that a glitch, or am I missing something here? >.<

Does anybody have any recommendations or thoughts upon this combination? It's nothing spectacular, but I've found it to be fun to use every now and then.

3B - AAB - 6AB - BK - 66K (BE)

I sometimes have trouble with BK after 6AB, because it sends the opponent moving sideways. Do you think it could be more accurate if I practise on my timing?

6AB doesnt combo, they can air control right after. And Her 4B+K isnt really a normal auto GI. It counteres verticles, and if it is successful she dodges to the left, or right i forget. Has a similar animation to 22_88 B+K.

6AB doesnt combo, they can air control right after. And Her 4B+K isnt really a normal auto GI. It counteres verticles, and if it is successful she dodges to the left, or right i forget. Has a similar animation to 22_88 B+K.

Ahh, I see. Thank you for that.

Since I've never seen her 4B+K used in battle, and my curiosity is peaked, does the attack simply miss or does she push them back like a regular GI? I'm sorry for all the questions. I'd try it for myself, but my Xbox RROD'd a few weeks ago. =/

Ahh, I see. Thank you for that.

Since I've never seen her 4B+K used in battle, and my curiosity is peaked, does the attack simply miss or does she push them back like a regular GI? I'm sorry for all the questions. I'd try it for myself, but my Xbox RROD'd a few weeks ago. =/

The attack will just go through her and she'll side step it. I think it has some invincibility cause i've never seen it beaten out before when the counter works. It doesnt push them back like a regular GI, if it did i think the move would be too good, as it has pretty good activation frames. Starting almost immediately when she goes into the animation.

Back