Voldo Combo Discussion

yeah, that video takes advantage of the record command in training mode. these guys are not doing it in actual matches.

66b BE, b+k], k does 101 damage and seems to only be guaranteed when your opponent has a wall behind them that prevents them from ukeming back or forward

yeah, that video takes advantage of the record command in training mode. these guys are not doing it in actual matches.
Just saw this. Sure you can air control it but it is a possible infinite if the voldo guesses right. And btw, alot of it was done in training, but that combo was in a real match. He just didn't air control it very well..

Even if the opponent is actively working with you to try to stay in the 'combo', it can never be a true infinite because the camera angles gets screwed up after so many reps, making it impossible to keep bouncing them.

Not on an infinite stage, like in the video -_- I'm not saying that it's a good combo against half decent players.. I'm saying its possible...

666B normally gives a 16 frame stun, but when it trades with a throw it becomes a 24 frame stun. Any time you do 666B at 0 (after 2B, 2BB, 4B, 4BA, or WR K hit) and the opponent tries to throw you get any of these combos:

666B trade → 66A+B → A+B3 → CR A+B (82)

666B trade → 1[K] → BS 2B+K → MC K (81, ends in BS)

666B trade → A+B3 → CR BB (83):
→ CR A+B (dead trap, 95)
→ CR K (tech trap, 102)
→ CR B+K (oki)

666B trade → CE (121)

Slade could you test this for side roll?
Seems it can't be rolled out of but the [B+K] whiffs so often to begin with that the opponent doesn't need to do much to get out of it. A+B3 into CR K/CR A+B/CR B+K is a better option in my opinion, or another 66B BE.

Didn't see it written :
22_88B BS B+K 2A+B / 66B BE is garanteed against Astaroth.

In P1 88B only : (use 22B for P2)
88B BS B+K 2A+B / 66B BE is garanteed against :Algol, Nightmare, Siegfried, Ivy, ZWEI, Ezio, Raphael, Hilde, Voldo.
Range dependant against Aeon.
Only works in close range against Alpha and Tira.

70dmg for 2A+B ender, 80/83 for 66B BE.
66B BE ender is range dependant but can be visually confirmed.

Another character specific stuff :
Against BT opponent :
666B 66B BE 66K is garanteed for 90dmg against most of the cast (doesn't work on Pyrrha, natsu - didn't test everyone, but it does work against Leixia, Aeon, Astaroth, Yoshimitsu, Voldo, Nightmare and Siegfried)

It's tech trap and combo : 99dmg if they tech with built in follow up from 66K.
I only noted 99dmg because sometimes it's bugged : the 66K BS WS B will not work (you will do WS B), because depending on the tech and the character, Voldo will end up facing the opponent and will not be in BS.
BS 2K / 2K works for garanteed stuff though for 105+dmg.

Didn't see it written :
22_88B BS B+K 2A+B / 66B BE is garanteed against Astaroth.

In P1 88B only : (use 22B for P2)
88B BS B+K 2A+B / 66B BE is garanteed against :Algol, Nightmare, Siegfried, Ivy, ZWEI, Ezio, Raphael, Hilde, Voldo.
Range dependant against Aeon.
Only works in close range against Alpha and Tira.

70dmg for 2A+B ender, 80/83 for 66B BE.
66B BE ender is range dependant but can be visually confirmed.

I finally found a competitive use for that combo !!

With very good success I use 668B P1 / 662B P2 at close range (it's my middle to prevent them for ducking randomly) :

- 668B BS B+K 66B BE
works at close range with no step (that way) against : Algol, Nightmare, Siegfried, Ivy, ZWEI, Ezio, Raphael, Aeon, Voldo, Astaroth (yeah +Maxi -Hilde sometimes, it works against Tira, Hilde and Alpha but that's totally random).
Opponent needs to be face to you.
EDIT : It's random against Maxi too.

- And that way you can even use 668B BS B+K CE for 95dmg if you're at close range, or 92dmg if you need to dash in to make the combo garanteed (I advise to dash in because 668B needs to be at extremely close range).
The dash can be complicated to do but NOT that complicated.

Didn't know if this was known (it probably was), I didn't see it noted nor used :
CH BS WS A BS 66B 66B BE 666B 87dmg

It is garanteed. If opponent tries to tech 666B, that combo will deal 98dmg (really weird if someone has an explanation, I'd gladly take it). So not only do you have 66B BE tech traps afterward, the garanteed follow up doing much more damage will prevent even more opponents from teching (>> A+B~3 CR A+B antisleeper option).
It allow for decent ROs too.

On a side note :

CH 7_8_9A LF B LF G 666B is garanteed for 65dmg
CH 7_8_9A LF B LF G 66B BE is garanteed for 74dmg

It's difficult to do though.

Didn't know if this was known (it probably was), I didn't see it noted nor used :
CH BS WS A BS 66B 66B BE 666B 87dmg

It is garanteed. If opponent tries to tech 666B, that combo will deal 98dmg (really weird if someone has an explanation, I'd gladly take it). So not only do you have 66B BE tech traps afterward, the garanteed follow up doing much more damage will prevent even more opponents from teching (>> A+B~3 CR A+B antisleeper option).
It allow for decent ROs too.

On a side note :

CH 7_8_9A LF B LF G 666B is garanteed for 65dmg
CH 7_8_9A LF B LF G 66B BE is garanteed for 74dmg

It's difficult to do though.
What do you see weird about the 666B? If they try to tech it gets a damage reset.

Personally I just go for CH 7_8_9A LF B LF2_8 MCHT K. Leaves you with nice wake up and it's good meterless damage. And you can toss in LF B BE for a little more as well. Glad I'm not the only one using that move though. It's an amazing step catcher.

Edit: It is 60 damage with no meter and 70 damage with. With a slight delay on MCHT K after LF B BE you can actually boost the damage to 82 if they try to tech. You can also CH 8A LF A for RO. :P

Double edit: Oh and for CH WR A you can combo it into iWR B, BS 4K, BS 66K, a+bG. Hard as hell to do but it does 100+ damage.

Actually CH 7_8_9A LF B LF 2_8 MCHT K deals 65dmg.

Here's a french work (from Bellus and myself) about Voldo, if you see anycombo that isn't listed just post it here, I'll add it :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akeo7qG0w3TSdGxhUUtWWXZyRXpxeEVacUl2TjUwelE#gid=0

Notes are in french but it's pretty much self explainatory.
Finished :
- FD
- Combo listing (mostly, I probably forgot some things)
- Guard Break

PS : Wall combo are far from complete.
PPS : Combos against BT opponent 66B BE 66K not listed because it's character dependant and I didn't check the full roster yet.
Combo CH BS WS A iWS B not listed either since it's character dependant and I can't do it or completely randomly once out of 50 times lol. Deals 106dmg IIRC.
Didn't list 66B BE 3B yet too.

Actually CH 7_8_9A LF B LF 2_8 MCHT K deals 65dmg.

Here's a french work (from Bellus and myself) about Voldo, if you see anycombo that isn't listed just post it here, I'll add it :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akeo7qG0w3TSdGxhUUtWWXZyRXpxeEVacUl2TjUwelE#gid=0

Notes are in french but it's pretty much self explainatory.
Finished :
- FD
- Combo listing (mostly, I probably forgot some things)
- Guard Break

PS : Wall combo are far from complete.
PPS : Combos against BT opponent 66B BE 66K not listed because it's character dependant and I didn't check the full roster yet.
Combo CH BS WS A iWS B not listed either since it's character dependant and I can't do it or completely randomly once out of 50 times lol. Deals 106dmg IIRC.
Didn't list 66B BE 3B yet too.
It only does 65 if they attempt to tech. If they don't move at all it's 60.

Nice, I guessed as much but I didn't check. Voldo has tons of shit like that, that's annoying.
That's the combo I use most of the time too with CH 8A. Very nice combo.
I don't use 8A a lot of times though, I prefer 662_8A, 4A, 663A for stepcatching.

Nice, I guessed as much but I didn't check. Voldo has tons of shit like that, that's annoying.
That's the combo I use most of the time too with CH 8A. Very nice combo.
I don't use 8A a lot of times though, I prefer 662_8A, 4A, 663A for stepcatching.
Yeah it's not the best one to just throw out for the hell of it. But if you're positive they're going to step it's the best damage.

Also off of just a slight glance from the google document:

22B > BS 66K > CE > MCHT K is also a combo if the 22B hits the opponents back. (unless you have that in there already. I can only piece together so much french lol)
CH BS WR A > BS 6B6B > 66B BE is a combo.
And it's missing B+K combos as well as CH 66(A+B).

Back