Voldo Combo Discussion

But doesn't BS~4K, 2A+B [2] connect and wouldn't that be a better option since it does more consistent damage a can potoentially ring out? Also, sure you can't mash out a 66B BE instead of A+B, that would be a better lead to get more damage.
BS 4K leaves you in BS so 66B would not be possible. Your only options are the ones Enk mentioned or BS 66K

On a side note 1K 666B has some really good RO potential.

I think you misunderstand, I was talking about BS~4K, B+K, 66B BE not BS~4K, 66B, thought that was implied even though I didn't directly reply to his post.

Can you do 1K, 666B, 66B, 66B BE, I don't have the game at the moment?

Heres a combo that leads to about 84 damage

BS WR B, 4K, 66K, 1:(B):

After the 1:(B): you have enough frame advantage that you can apply a mixup between your grabs or 1:(K): (If they like to duck) into another combo

keep in mind opponents can tech out of the 1:(B): but this can lead to 143 damage if they dont.

Looking back at old combos...is A+B3~CR CR~BB iCR~A+B techable? I Haven't checked, iCR might make it so it's a true combo, if so voldo spam and mind games become way more fun and the juggles become more reliable.

Working on improving a scrubby Voldo here. Attempting to connect 666B after BS 8WR B is like a three fingered prostate exam.

Tips?

Take your time. You don't have to input 666B very quickly for it to come out. You just have to be precise with your input. Don't tap 6 any more than 3 times. Teach yourself to time three taps forward late in the recovery of BS 8WR B, and hit B once you recover. Holding the third 6 might also help your execution.

666B isn't like executing an 8WR move where you have to be at neutral. You can do this move while holding G. Hold G, tap 6 three times, then slide your finger, or thumb, from G to B. It's a great tool for punishment and catching your opponent by surprise.

I hope this helps.

Take your time. You don't have to input 666B very quickly for it to come out. You just have to be precise with your input. Don't tap 6 any more than 3 times. Teach yourself to time three taps forward late in the recovery of BS 8WR B, and hit B once you recover. Holding the third 6 might also help your execution.

666B isn't like executing an 8WR move where you have to be at neutral. You can do this move while holding G. Hold G, tap 6 three times, then slide your finger, or thumb, from G to B. It's a great tool for punishment and catching your opponent by surprise.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Glad it came so speedily in such a slow moving SA. Not a lot of people with the stones to play the coolest mofo in the game, I guess. Hahaha.

Anyway, according to the training log, my input of 666B was spot on, I just couldn't figure out why it wasn't connecting... then after reading your response I went back for some more practice and discovered that my problem was--OF ALL FUCKING THINGS--that I was actually inputting the 666B too fast. Like, WTF right? It's weird, I wasn't expecting it to be such a lax hit confirm, but actually being strict in how lazy it wants you to be.

So yeah, I've just been beating BS 8WR B~666B into my muscle memory. Hopefully I don't run into anymore weird ass curve balls like that.

The thing about 666B (and 666B -> 66B), is that 666B is bufferable. As soon as you see an attack land, start hitting those 6's. The thing about 66B is that it is NOT bufferable. It will only work if you input 66 once 666B has fully recovered. This caused no end of frustration for me when I was first learning Voldo, but once I got the pattern down to muscle memory, it was pretty easy.

I hate this combo. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this combo. I'm sure there's something really obvious that I'm fucking up on. But I just can't get that 66B to connect after 666B. I've tried doing it slow, I've tried doing it as fast as possible. It just won't connect. NerokKurai's post be damned. This game doesn't want me to play Voldo, it wants me stuck in the land of LOL NO SAFE MOVES with Nightmare.

New territory for me. I've never had problems with execution in Soulcalibur that wasn't just frame related. I'm so embarrassed.

It's not about how fast or slow you do it, it's about when you input 66B. You have to wait until your 666B has fully recovered before you start inputting 66B. Once the animation for 666B has stopped, you'll want to input 66B rather quickly as you don't have much time left to reset the stun.

If you need more help, let me know and I'll make a video for you that shows the timing.

Yeah, go ahead and make that video if it isn't any trouble. I just spent two hours not connecting this combo, which is retarded. I wait until 666B recovers, I input it ASAP after that, nothing. Wait until 666B recovers, input it late after that, nothing. Really hate this.

So you are not getting 66B coming out at all? I'll go ahead and make you a video real soon today, but after that, I'll only be able to help you with words as I'll have all my equipment packed up and in storage for a month. Stay tuned.

Here's the vid. I hope this helps. Don't give up!

Thanks for the vid.

But somehow, miraculously, it didn't help at all. I can't get this combo to connect to save my goddamn life. It pisses me off to no end because I can connect 666B 66B 666B every time, but when you put BS 8WR B on the front of it, nope. Not even close. It doesn't matter what I do, 66B never fucking connects after it. I've spent way too much time in training on this. I feel like I need to see someone's hands executing this or something.

I really, really hate this fucking combo.

Perhaps the problem lies within the first 666B. Are you certain that you are getting 666B and not just 66B? This is the only reason that could cause the 66B not to connect.

Yeah. I know the difference between the elbows.

I'm just fucking up the timing. I mostly drilled the timing for Pyrrha Omega's 236B:4 wall loop into my head today for no reason other than it looks cool, but this goddamn link bothers the shit out of me.

It's really not that difficult. You seem a little too stressed out over this. Stop thinking about it so much and just think about your thumbs pressing the inputs at the time you feel is right. You can buffer the input a little bit so keep that in mind as well. You want no forward movement from Voldo during the 1st 666b. It should come out right when the BS 8WR B recovers.

So there's a combo video (
) with Voldo doing a pelvic thrust pseudo-infinite. Is that thing actually not air controllable?

Back