Voldo Q&A / General Discussion

You guys probably know about BSSJG (Blind Stance Step Just Guard), which allows Voldo to just guard instantly after a step or backdash in BS.
It's great and I abuse it a lot.

You may not know about BSS2JG, which is the same but you JG low.
If you do it after -2/-1 moves (hit or block : like BS 2K hit, MCHT K blocked or 1A hit which are common situations), it's exceptionally
good.

Why is it good ?
- You will JG i13 to i15 lows. If you JG a 2K, you will have a free BS 6B6B punish.
- You will JG i16 to i18 mids/highs.
- You will have TC frames i17 to i18 (no more instant throws against BS).
- You step to avoid verticals (you can do it with backdash but I wouldn't advise it since it's weaker).

It's pretty neat. Makes the decision making against a lot of BS situations much harder.

Hey what's the notation for this technique ? Is it new to 5 because i bought it just recently

well for starters stepping isn't as unsafe in 4, as opposed to 5 where it's like -20, secondly JGing didn't exist back in 4
Hey you seem to be the only remsining member on this page lol
Thank you for the info
Still don't know what i should think about 5 and who to main and how most old characters feel boring compared to their older incarnations

Was looking at his frame data for the 1st time today, and I couldn't understand why his BB impacts in 18 frames. His BB isn't particular long range either. If it can't be used for punish, what can you use it for?

Last edited:
Was looking at his frame data for the 1st time today, and I couldn't understand why his BB impacts in 18 frames. His BB isn't particular long range either. If it can't be used for punish, what can you use it for?

Honestly, fucking nothing. The only positives of BB are that it has decent range for a BB and that it breaks guard fairly well. Unfortunately, these are ruined by the fact that it whiffs all the time and that there are better moves to break guard with.

Can A+K go into A+B? I remember seeing someone do it in a combo where Voldo does something, and then use A+K, and then do an A+B like slam down attack, and then finish with callisto rush A+B

Which combo can you use A+K for?

Can A+K go into A+B? I remember seeing someone do it in a combo where Voldo does something, and then use A+K, and then do an A+B like slam down attack, and then finish with callisto rush A+B

Which combo can you use A+K for?

Sounds like you saw a voldo do 66(a+b), which goes into something like a+k that you can cancel with whatever. You can't use regular a+k for any combos, since it can only be canceled with CE and GI.

Random stuff.

The 66K CE techtrap won't connect against some characters.
But 33/77K CE will be all side everytime.

Well, NEC's over and people learned stuff.

For the US :
BS 2A+B cannot be seen on reaction but you guys can almost block 2A+B on reaction.
Voldo's top tier.

Japanese :
Yuttoto if you're here, enjoy.
I watched a lot of your vids back in the days and I stole a lot of stuff I do. Thank you for spreading the voldo love in japan. I need more youtube vids of you.
@crna_ruka please give him my message.

Voldo is honestly just a well rounded character. He has a tool for any situation, good safety, reach, and is just a gigantic wtf factor in general. I don't think he has too many negative matchups in the game.

Voldo = 2 GUD

Indeed. I see a few though.
Only :
Algol, Viola, APat, Cervantes seems negative.
Rest is positive or neutral.

Indeed. I see a few though.
Only :
Algol, Viola, APat, Cervantes seems negative.
Rest is positive or neutral.
Yeah, I've always felt Cervy was a big one as well. I've often thought that Omega was a terrible one for him as well, until I found out that his 6B can punish DNS B although it is range dependant. For his total worst matchup I'm not quite too sure who that would be.

Omega is 5-5.
Pat is 5-5.
Pyrrha on the other hand is 6-4 in Voldo's favor.

Voldo's pretty great against greeks.

Natsu is 7-3 for Voldo iirc. Her 66B doesn't affect him at all. His 66B and the BE variant are quite useful for dealing with the former's. I suppose it comes with Natsu's risk/reward playstyle.

Voldo wins again.

I also never knew Pyrrha had any truly godawful Matchup's besides aPat and Viola.

Voldo is a bad MU for Pyrrha. IMO 6-4.
Natsu is not 7-3 in Voldo's favour. I'd say it's 6-4 or 5-5. Natsu has a few tools that are very annoying to deal with when you're Voldo. But Voldo makes her play unsafe and can punish her so it's okay.

Back