VS Yoda tactics?

DreamingSky

[08] Mercenary
I actually have the PS3 version myself, so can't contribute. I will be getting the 360 version soon though. :-P A friend, who plays a lot of online 360 version, tells me he has trouble with people using Yoda. Is there a VS Yoda reference I've missed? If not, can someone please link? Failing that, anti-Yoda tactics, especially online focused, would be much appreciated.

The 2 main things Yoda has going for him are:

1. High attacks whiff him.

2. He cannot be thrown.

In spite of these, he is still arguably the worst character in the game. He is horribly slow & unsafe in general, and his damage output is lackluster (to put it kindly). He can use his force power to "cancel" attacks while in the air, so stay patient while blocking.

So, basically, you can beat him by turtling. Also try to figure out which of your mid attacks will hit him - hopefully you'll have a launcher somewhere in there!

And one last helpful tidbit: His soul gauge is 50% lower than everyone else's.

Good luck,
Josh.

not all high attacks miss yoda. nightmare's 6K will hit EVERY time.

otherwise just use some mids and lows for mixups, and yoda is done for.

just attack him low a lot and when he jumps swat his ass back down to the ground. Watch out for his little dive most people will spam the match with that freaking move. He also has a tendency to stay in the air jumping so move back or just sidestep then counter

just attack him low a lot and when he jumps swat his ass back down to the ground. Watch out for his little dive most people will spam the match with that freaking move. He also has a tendency to stay in the air jumping so move back or just sidestep then counter

Your talking Yoda and lows in the same sentence....??
Also close range Yoda does have some Anti-step aswell as attacks where he can stay on the ground and gain minor advantage.
his "little dive" which is his 6A+K, a sweeping low. The reason that is used so much is because it's Yoda's best low altho it shouldn't be used consecutively, it leaves at disadvantage pretty much and is very noticable to watch coming.

play Ivy, spam 214B, BBB...done...the lil fucker will never touch you.

BB can be GI'd or 6B'd on block as well as force shielded
214B can be GI'd/ Force shielded, or yoda can 44A out of the way or Yoda can block and punish that unsafe hell hold =/

Umm the easiest way to beat Yoda is to get like 2 attacks on him with Yoshi then Do REF FLE then walk away the whole time. MED teleport when there is no stage and he attacks, go back into fle, and start it all over again. He is to slow to catch up to Yoshi's Fle stance.

Mitsurugi is an instant win against Yoda. I don't think I have ever truly lost to a yoda with Mitsurugi.

codemaster you would say use yoshi. btw thanks imgb and earsplitter and more stances great tips and mucho useful

Umm the easiest way to beat Yoda is to get like 2 attacks on him with Yoshi then Do REF FLE then walk away the whole time. MED teleport when there is no stage and he attacks, go back into fle, and start it all over again. He is to slow to catch up to Yoshi's Fle stance.

As funny as that strategy is, Yoda is not too slow to catch up to FLE stance. All Yoda has to do is keep roll canceling until he gets near, which will get Yoda near him pretty fast. And then as soon as Yoda is close, cancel into BB or something else to knock Yoshi out of FLE or whatever he tries to do.

Steps to beating Yoda players online

1). Break Soul Gauge

2). Critical Finish them every round

3). Rinse

4). Repeat

5). ?????????

6). Profit

Good God, who hasn't heard this stupid joke a million times before? XD

Theres a horizontal yoda has that is causing me grief. The player is a button masher, which isn't to much of a problem until he finds this move.
As I said, it's a horizontal, and it turns me on block. I don't have time to turn back and block the next one, so I take a bit of damage. This cycle repeats and I'm gradually worn down until somehow there is some distance between us.
How do I stop this?

The move you're thinking of is 3A, and it leaves you sideturned ~ backturned on grd depending on distance, the move its self is i19, the second one comes out at around i27, the only reason your bummed out about 3A is because you're playing online, so anticipate the lag when you interrupt it or step it... Honestly though, you shouldn't have a problem against Yoda EVER (unless it's Oof's, Demarcus', Ribu's, Bearadox's, or Testiskulls') especially a spamming Yoda, that's just shameful!!! And, you're a sith lord, why you complainin???

The easiest way to guarantee a win against Yoda is to pick Algol and 3{A+B} the whole round. Even if he's good at GI, he'll eventually get hit by at least one bubble but absolutely no attack he has will get him past your other bubbles just waiting for him to try.

Damn I missed the discussion on it, but I'm surprised to hear a resurgence of the "Asta 44B_{B} doesn't own yoda" argument. From my experience, it's not a free win, but you need to get out played severely to lose a set when applying it properly. If yoda stands around looking to GI 44B and partially held versions, he runs the risk of eating full charges, and the reward on that more than makes up for guessing wrong every other time(or every third if opposing yoda can react to charge by attacking).

Back