Wake-ups and Tech traps

sometimes i do 44AB on wake up if they tech alot

Is there a difference in terms of frames on knockdown moves to wake ups ?

The main knockdowns i've gotten were

1)A+G

2)33KB

3)VE BB / 236 B/ prepBBB:B

4)44B

5)VE A+G/B+G

It feels like 33KB gives you the least advantage.. but this is worth a discussion

44K tech traps into itself; but you can't waste a moment. Since it doesn't hit grounded tho I'll have to test again 2nite on how safe it would be on whiff, if at all.

After 44B AT, they can only stand directly up. Use 2B for additional damage pressure; guaranteed if they don't standing guard immediately.

236B 2A tech traps and CH's

if they stand strait up

also

236B 3B tech traps if you let them hit the ground then 3B

I always get punished when I try to pull Tech Traps with Raphael vs decent opponents, so I all but stopped.

They're still going to tech, and it's useful for those situations, but knowing WHEN is a whole other story.

Ruiner

I always get punished when I try to pull Tech Traps with Raphael vs decent opponents, so I all but stopped.

They're still going to tech, and it's useful for those situations, but knowing WHEN is a whole other story.

Ruiner

Punished for tech trap attempt? What the hell setup are you using? heh

It's not a Tech Trap, but using 11_77B to hit grounded opponents, if they roll and dodge it, you're eating something.

33K:B, you guess wrong, you're eating something

BB/3B and god forbid, 3B prep, you guess wrong, you're probably in trouble.

2A is safe, but it's not exactly a damaging move.

44B/236B can be really great anti teching tools, but when I play my opponents, after eating 1 or 2 of those, THEY'RE NOT STUPID about teching anymore, and then my chances to pull these off go from high to practically never.

I usually just stick 2b/2K for ground pressure, 66A+B where I don't expect left rolls, and I go back to mid range to maintain spacing.

CH 6A 66B tech catch normal, back.
1A is guaranteed post CH 6A.

I backdash and 1A a lot. I used to love 1K, but it's frames feel bad. I end up using some good 'ol 2K most of the time. I still use 1K from time to time, though I feel like it's - on grounded ht.

I backdash and 1A a lot. I used to love 1K, but it's frames feel bad. I end up using some good 'ol 2K most of the time. I still use 1K from time to time, though I feel like it's - on grounded ht.

yeah thats the point, 1K on hit you can side step right after an dodge a lot

LOL, someone let me mirror their Raph.
He confuses me so much, but he's so much fun to play with, esp with his VE.

I want to make him my #2, so I need a good trainer.
:sc4rap1: ..My dream... is to become HOKAGE!!!
XD

lol but seriously... i'm serious.

Oh hey. I checked the wiki and it says -2. I guess I should have done my homework...

raph should be used to -2,-4 etc frames.. as long as he has 4A, 4B, 44B AND a decent side step its another opportunity to get more damage... especially in the "how foolish of you to attack" type manner too!

raph should be used to -2,-4 etc frames.. as long as he has 4A, 4B, 44B AND a decent side step its another opportunity to get more damage... especially in the "how foolish of you to attack" type manner too!

What I meant was that I thought it was hella - frames. -2 is good. I thought it was like -8 or something crazy.

I made a terrible tech trap a few days ago.

66 > prep K:K > 44B

i think it traps all sides but it does less damage than you'd get from guaranteed 11B so yeah just do it if you need a laugh. maybe there's someplace you can do 44B as a trap and have it actually land the attack throw...probably not though

I feel like there was something where that worked, actually...44B AT but I dn't remember off the top of my head.

Back