Wake-ups and Tech traps

wrB CH, 44B catched me mucho hurto

wow thank you for this post, I am so copying that one. the AT fails if they back tech but it will still land normally for good frames. the fact that it traps both side techs is excellent though

CH prep A 66A+B. Catches all but left.
Um... Good for reverse RO? Or if you can't do prep A 33KB and your opponent is really close to the edge and they can't AC... 66A+B BTB 44K!

Edit: Delay a bit.

great find fiyah

ill use it

nice to know raph has some reverse RO options

cause im a RO whore and such

<3 9G. All "catch" side techs.

CH WS B late 9G back throw
11B slight delay 9G throw (right = back, left = side)
44K 9G back throw (must be shallow hit where you're still in front)
CH Prep A delayed 9G back throw

All can be avoided by ducking but you can mixup from there.

Bubbles suggested to me the following, which I've found usually Tech Traps opponents when they start panicking:

CH WR B ~ 66A+B ~ Tech Trap 66 ~ Prep K:K

Bubbles also suggested 2A+B at the end of that trap, but I've never managed to land it in a pitched fight-- it has to be done from tip range, which you probably won't be at unless Prep K:K connects with an opponent's head.

Bubbles suggested to me the following, which I've found usually Tech Traps opponents when they start panicking:

CH WR B ~ 66A+B ~ Tech Trap 66(B)~Prep K:K

This is interesting to me, since it appears to lend itself well to something I'm already doing. 99B is pretty good at hitting OTG (with an exact spacing), and also when you input it the right way. If you did :9::6::(B):~combo or :9::9::B:, it would visually obscure the two moves.
Moreover, I've noticed that 1K sort of looks like Raphael's left step, which you can use to your advantage on wakeup. So, if you're on 1P side at least, you can :9: and then you have 1K step cancel or this 96:(B): tech trap.
EDIT: Whoops, confused myself here. If you're doing this, you would do 1K in place of the left step, so there's no need to be on 1P side.

Bubbles also suggested 2A+B at the end of that trap, but I've never managed to land it in a pitched fight-- it has to be done from tip range, which you probably won't be at unless Prep K:K connects with an opponent's head.

66:(B):~Prep K:K is a combo setup into any of 66A+B, 2A+B, or 11B. 2A+B is the least consistent, because it has a dead 'zero range'.
Regarding that combo, the Prep K:K link is itself volatile when not 'tip'; but not out of the tech trap, I guess. EDIT: And here I forgot to mention that the 66B combos can omit the Prep K:K, being the reason for this note about consistency.

Back