Weapons you wish were in Soul Calibur

I guess I'm going to be the only one to suggest a shortspear. A little less than Hilde's range, but with the speed and grace of Xianghua.

...and I think a few of you suggested a flail.

Just a suggestion... how about a deck of cards?

Some type of hand blade - like just imagine a sabertooths front teeth bigger and made out of metal in sum1s hand and change the shape to look more like a weapon lol, it wud be well beast.

The weapon skorpion uses, a long piece of rope with a sharp point on the end to pull enemies in.

A hiddenblade like altair has.

Hmmm would be pretty cool to see some type of smoke/water like weapon
-or-
someone that could use the elments around him depending on the stage he or she is fighting on
(Earth, Fire, Wind, Water)
-or-
A man/women dressed in a raven suit with wing blades and plenty of air combos

Hmmm would be pretty cool to see some type of smoke/water like weapon
-or-
someone that could use the elments around him depending on the stage he or she is fighting on
(Earth, Fire, Wind, Water)
-or-
A man/women dressed in a raven suit with wing blades and plenty of air combos

stop making me think of avatar...

Its a one handed sword with a chain and attached to the chain is a crescent blade, like so

SwordCrescent.jpg

I believe Cestus would be nice.

u could discribe cestus as ancient boxing gloves, but no soft things about em. iron gountlets studded with spikes and whatnot.

maybe another ninja char, like taki, but then with a sword, lets discribe it like a combination of mitsurugi and taki.

lets see, what else do we have.

the meteor hammer, its an old chinese weapon, wich is basically a minorly studded ball on a rope.

look these weapons up, ill post more of my "soulcalibur, wannabe ingame weapons"

Ahh, this thread opens again...

A recap of the weapons I found to be unique and versitile enough to be included, so far...

-Double katanas
-3 section spear
-meteor hammer and gauntlet (or shackles on chain)
-giant boomerang
-hookswords
-twin tomahawks (or clubs)
-double bladed sword (think Darth Maul)
-ninja straight blade
-gauntlets (for straight hand to hand)
-kusarigama (a chained sickle)
-english broadsword
-sai
-bladed gloves and boots

Well, there's a list to choose from. There's been alot of other good ideas, but most of those I feel are too close to an existing weapon style, or are too hard to balance.

Perhaps a survey should be taken to see which of these are preferred by the majority out there and then attempt some concept art?

Also, there is no limit to creativity and ideas. If anyone still has new ideas for a good weapon, keep 'em coming!
wofc04.jpg
shoe-merang-australian-boomerang.jpg

I haven't read every post in here, but some ideas are pretty interesting.

What would also be interesting though (although a bit impossible to add in SC), would be a puppeteer (Sasori, Kankuro anyone?...;p).
But tbh, the mechanics of such a character in a game like SC would probably made him broken...
...or it could be a female-human-puppet, like Ashlotte, only with a different weapon of course, with a wierd fighting style (Voldo's other half ;p)

OK, here's my list:

-Turkey chucks (sort of like Maxi's nunchaku's (sp?) but way heavier)

-An unmbrella gun (combination of Setsuka's and Cervantes's weapons)

-Yoyo of Death (a bladed yoyo with a special handpiece to protect the user, of course XD)

-Porcupine Mace (a giant mace like Rock's that is covered with several species of porcupine spikes)

-Hookswords (self-explanatory)

-Switchblades (for those of you who think Talim has a little too much range XP)

Double Kamas would be cool with lots of moves that draw the opponents in. A bit like Zasalamel in small X 2.

And i like the sword type the prince of persia uses

Attachments

• kama_l.gif
    kama_l.gif
    28 KB · Views: 227
  • 400px-Water_Sword.jpg
    400px-Water_Sword.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 382
  • junior_eagle.JPG
    junior_eagle.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,425
  • 400px-Scorpion_Sword.jpg
    400px-Scorpion_Sword.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 602
Give me a "heavy" sword and board user. All the weaponxshield characters are flippy females, or a lizard designed from flippy females.

I want something armored from head to toe, that feels almost vader/mitsu in weight. Something that isn't a animesizedsword user

Give me a "heavy" sword and board user. All the weaponxshield characters are flippy females, or a lizard designed from flippy females.

I want something armored from head to toe, that feels almost vader/mitsu in weight. Something that isn't a animesizedsword user

That'd be cool like a crusader, something like this:

Attachments

• GermanCrusader-l.jpg
    GermanCrusader-l.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 385
A weapon that would force 2 play styles based on recovering the weapon. EX: A throwing spear. Can be used for normal fighting but can be thrown. Once lost or impaled in opponent you are forced into a hand 2 hand stance until you retrieve it. Cool combo would be impaling a person and then run up to them and be offered a command throw that could rip it back out for 80 dmg? Or perhaps while running and retrieving it stuck in ground you could vault off it for an aerial kick and pull it out.Would have some cool synergy...Only issue would be retrieving it if you get launched away. But having it stick in the person would have it always come to you. Other weapons with this potential: boomerang, throwing knives, etc...

Another is a fantasy weapon like Ivys, also mentally linked and controlled. Character has floating blades orbit the characters, creating a maxi like effect of autoGi's or tiny damage with slight advantage on hit at all times. Moves would have all pieces collect together and then protrude into a near solid object and then retract back to orbiting. The character would have a very close range mild damage shield but would move in predictable patterns as to allow openings. This would also be neat because you could run up when blades are rotating HIGH and throw a MID, forcing the opponent to make a quick decision to block the MID. Cool UB would be the all fly behind you and then quickly shoot across the stage. I can also a lot of cool aGi moves.

Odd ideas, but it's creative.

3-sectioned staff - for the awesome
Ball on chain - Ivy meets Astaroth with a hint of Maxi?
Bladed Gauntlets - Batman!
Single handed bladed glove - Vega?
J-swords - for the awesome
Poison blade - DoT character?
Sai (2 or 3 prong) - Parry and auto GI heaven
Dual blades that can lock together - creates a 2 blade/1 blade stance switch

Back