What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thread)

What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thr

since the last "combo" i posted here got shafted, anyone mind testing this one out for any flaws even though im almost positive that there arent any...

On Counter Hit: GS 2A+B (JS 1aB), A+K, 8B+K (Updraft) B

thanks or damn it! in advance

it's really easy to check these things yourself my friend. Naturally. UPD B doesn't combo after anything...didn't need to test to know that ;)

oh yea i tested it and it works on and offline for me, i just wanted to make sure, and i used to think that UPD B was impossible to combo too, but i think this little kitten techs or something, either that or the stun from A+K is just overpowered.. either way i brought it here just to see if there were any holes in my theory

could u try it though just to put my mind at ease? :)

JI doesn't increase GS B+K's ability. Read the Auto-GI thread. All the delicious info is already posted.

could u try it though just to put my mind at ease? :)

Yep it actually works. You have to time A+K right because if it hits to late there's no stun at all. And it's possible to juke out of it. But nevertheless ~70 damage + BT mixup is really nice.

Jablez......that is fuggin genius! I never would have thought of that. 73 damage just like if you comboed with BF 66B except you don't lose life! I love it. The 7 version of UD seems to have the best success rate. May be character-dependent.

Jablez......that is fuggin genius! I never would have thought of that. 73 damage just like if you comboed with BF 66B except you don't lose life! I love it. The 7 version of UD seems to have the best success rate. May be character-dependent.

im not sure if thats sarcasm but thanks dude no prob :), i figured it's way better than using BF 66B, simply because you wont lose life (which causes people to treat Tira as if she's cursed), also even if Tira changes moods ur still able to follow through with the same combo...

also, i was aware that it was possibly character dependent... but is the direction of the updraft (7,8, or 9?) really a factor? Im askin this in general, outside of combo-ing it

Well the direction controls the distance you go so it depends on how you wanna space. 8 or 9 would likely get you the crossover UD B that every1 loves.

Don't know if it's mentioned somewhere, but you can slightly influence the distance of UPD K by pressing 4_6.

Don't know if it's mentioned somewhere, but you can slightly influence the distance of UPD K by pressing 4_6.

i havent seen it anywhere, and this can prove useful

for as long as ive player Tira, im still learnin new sh*t about her all the tyme, thanks

Hey guys I need your help.

It's about 1K. In most cases it pushes a grounded enemy faaaaaaaaar away so your wakeup is gone. But if you are lucky 1K just turns your opponent around right in front of you and you are in major advantage (even 1A is uninterruptible). Any ideas how to get this constantly?

EDIT: When I use the record option in training mode with, let's say JS 88K, 1K it works almost 90 % of the time. But without it, it seems to be total random. Really weird O_o

EDIT2: Hmm seems to be a training mode issue. In a real match it works most of the time.

Tira's 1aB

Ok, first of all i'm new here, and this is my first post, so bear with me if I make mistakes with things or whatever. I have only been using Tira lately although iI used to use her a lot more. I'm fairly decent with her but there is one thing i need help with.
I need info on pulling off Tira's JS 1ab. I have managed to get it a few times, but everytime I get it seems like i have timed it differently. For instance, one time I got it was when I tried to do the input as fast as I could but another time i couldnt really be bothered and was talking to someone else at the same time, and i seemed to do it a lot slower. Anyone have any tips on how to pull it off or know the timing for it?

Also, if anyone wants to play me my Xbox Gamertag is the same as my username. Any criticism I get during matches would be appreciated.

Welcome here Druid,
1aB timing is tricky for sure.
It has to be done so fast that the game doesn't recognize it as 1A and slow enough to not recognize it as 2A+B.
Just try to find the midway.

Moar GS 22_88A goodness:

GS 22_88A -> delay -> UPD B

If 22A hits, UPD B can't be rolled, "guardtraps" in all* directions, can't be GIed after tech.

*right tech is inconsistent, needs incredibly good timing.

I've been trying to figure out the 1K for Tira, as it functions similar to Rock. I think it matters how early/late you hit them AND the grounded state they are in. For example, if you land the 1K as the opponent is recovering/teching, you don't get the turn. Also, if you hit them too early before their body is fully on the ground, it kicks them far. The opponent has to be FULLY GROUNDED and unable to move in order for the 1K to get the turn, which means you won't land it often if your opponent likes to get up. Chances are, your opponents are staying down on the ground longer than usual to escape any surprise wake-up.

The best test seems to be GS 88K > crouch cancel > 1K. I can't get consistent results with it, which makes me wonder whether the 1K has to come out later.

As for 1A being uninterruptable. Forget that! I'm going for the Tiralicious 6A+B.

I will also try the 22_88A setup.

So, I didn't want to make a new thread and figured that this would be the best place to ask since it's a general discussion, right?

Does anyone miss Tira's dancer-y move/movements from SC3? I mean, I LOVE Tira and her JS/GS play style, but I thought that the way she moved was pretty cool in SC3.

I dunno, I was just playing SC3 the other day and started thinking about it... Haha.

Found a very situational but valuable techtrap with GS 22_88A today. If you do it near the edge or wall and don't get the RO/W! try to followup with 6AAaaa (not from far range!). The second hit of it will hit and you get your RO or W!.

Finally found something worthy enough to revive this thread: Side-Throw - "Tech-Traps"

EDIT: Thought these were new back-throw setups at first but I was wrong. Didn't test appropriate.
-> But side-throws are working.

You need the following situation:

Fully grounded opponent with head towards Tira. If the opponent then is hit by JS 1aB or GS 2A+B and tries to tech afterwards to his left or right a well timed throw will become a sidethrow.

Useful setups I've found:

GS 3B (wait), 2A+B, Throw : If there is not enough life left for regular 3B combos it's quite usefull; a small step backwards is needed to hit small-hitboxcharacters; often the opponent lands behind Tira but the sidethrow works.)

GS BF 44K -> 2A+B, Throw (good option after you've teached them not to tech immediatly with help of 1A)

WS B -> 2A+B_ 1aB, Throw (same as the 44K situation above)

JS 88K, RCC 1aB, Throw or CH GS 88K, RCC 2A+B, Throw

Not as good as the backthrow setups but you can get decent oki from these or a surprise ringout with left sidethrow and B+G

Back