What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thread)

What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thr

Didn't really know where to ask about this, but how do you guys get Tira's jf buffering? I stopped playing as her because I couldn't do her buffer combos on a 360 pad. How good does arcade stick work for this?

I hate stick so I'm biased. If it's anything like using the PS3's analog (which I just tried) then it's really difficult. I got a BF the first time but couldn't duplicate it. Don't care to either.

As far as the BFs don't be scared to overbuffer. I never press just 5 inputs when I want a BF. I've never used an Xbox D-pad but I hear bad things. Is it really that bad?

^^ which Tira's JF frames you have difficulty to execute?
some of these they have already discuss about how to do them in other topics.
i can help you with 360's pad because i have PS3 but i think i can help you or someone else from here how to do Tira's JFs:

which they are:

4 A: A [(JS) & (GS)]
4 B: B: B (GS)
44444 K (GS)
66666 B (GS)
66666 K (GS)
44444 A (GS)
66666 A (GS)
44444 B (GS)

It's practically impossible to get bf attacks in combos, such as 44444K 44444K or whatever the combo is. I can't buffer that fast using either d-pad or analog stick.

It's practically impossible to get bf attacks in combos, such as 44444K 44444K or whatever the combo is. I can't buffer that fast using either d-pad or analog stick.

That ish is easy! Just keep tapping like crazy. Consecutive BF 44Ks are not worth it in combos. But if you must, then do BF 44K 44K.

Some people do the BF 44K, 44K, into 3B. That way, it gives you some room in case the 2nd 44K changes you back to JS. It also keeps you in GS, although not for long since usually after two 44K's Tira is borderline switching back.

its not SO difficult to execute Tira's JFs like 44444K or 66666B.
some moves gives you the time to buffer the other move to another.like 44444K to 44444K then 66666B.
other moves like (GS)22B gives you less time to execute other move. for example the most abuse combo in Gloomy 3B 22B 66666B.you must buffer 66666B at the end of 22B to execute it well.or the other combo 3B 44444K 66666B.but you have very good buffering after 44444K.its just sometimes the hand (lol) cant responded well after the 44444 to 66666.(taping taping taping)

Hm, is this ACable too? JS CH6AB 2B WSB

well first off I'm new here, so hello to all... and this is my 1st post so be kind 8-D

I've tried to do that same combo too Calamity and it is ACable,

one that i have been able to do a few times, rather successfully against the CPU, online, and offline against a human, is this

JS-- CH 6AB ~ BT A ~ and then repeat the 6AB

the repeated 6AB acts as a CH on the downed opponent, and if it connects it resets the amount of damage done to the opponent because they do have the option to block. Even if they do block, the move is still a guard break, and i always just GI if its blocked. If the opponent attacks (anywhere but low) after they've blocked, the GI that you've done is usually a JUST impact, and from here I often do 11_77 B, and repeat or simple 44K.

My favorite thing about this combo is that if it isnt AC or blocked proerly, many ppl call it an infinite, which it isnt, but its still fun to use as well as watch

Tira Starting on Gloomy?

How does Tira start in gloomy mode when the match starts? Some people have said its random, some say its when you are P2, then I see some videos where tira is gloomy and she is in P1. Any help please?

Tira Starting on Gloomy?

Hoodie: Random. Notably higher chance on 2P.

Jablez: Welcome to the forums and thanks for gracing us with your first post. That combo you're doin is still AC-able. Plus that GB is -19 on block. If they know that, you're gonna eat something painful.

Mikosu, thanks for the welcoming, I knew about the AC properties, im certain that th times ive gotten it was probably out of pure luck or my opponents' lack of skill , however, i hadnt considered the Neg Frames on the GB which sucks seeing as hw GB's should give th attacker the advantage, not the attackee...

also, a little off topic, how do i get a pic next to my name?

Hey is there any solid way of beating Ivy? You cant out range her the best i can do is play a lil random. I have to do a lot of GI's to stay in the game.

Anyone have tips on getting past Ivy's range

I think there is no reliable way to beat Ivy's spacing with Tira. GS BF66K works in some situations. When I'm desperate I use Updraft and hope for the best.

I think there is no reliable way to beat Ivy's spacing with Tira. GS BF66K works in some situations. When I'm desperate I use Updraft and hope for the best.

yea, I'm the same way, I try and abuse updraft for all of her unblockables, and anything else she does in general, u can also try baiting your opponent into using a mid then aGI with B+K.

also, remember that Tira is faster than Ivy in general, so when ur close to her remember that u can interrupt some of her strings with 44K or even 1B

spacing Ivy is a difficult part with Tira.Ivy has one of the best steps in the game especially in Coiled state.
updraft is a usefull tool for Tira to approach her also in Gloomy 2A+B.personally i use bait not random moves to get close to her because Ivy close to Tira has limited mix ups especially in Whip State (she is by far too slow in this state) and Coiled state (in CS the most frustrating thing is 214B beware of this because is anti - everything lol) except Sword State because Ivy there has many fast moves and ofcourse more mix ups (her 214K is her best low move there.you must becarefull with that).
but like i said i will post very soon some vids between me and my brother to see some things i do against his Ivy.

GI, 6B and 1A are your answers to Ivy. It's not that hard if you know the ins and outs of Ivy's moves, and the player who uses them

GI, 6B and 1A are your answers to Ivy. It's not that hard if you know the ins and outs of Ivy's moves, and the player who uses them

if the Ivy user knows how to play against Tira then you must cast all the moves from Tira's movelist to have success.believe me in that.Ivy is not an easy opponent to Tira.she has better hitbox,MORE range,incredible step,more easy damage and she is very safe especially in Sword State.Ivy can messure the distance between her and the opponent because of her step.also Tira has difficult times against characters with range.(kilik its much easier opponent to Tira than Ivy in close combat bytheway).
for 6B i agree.it has some range.but i recommen moves like Updraft,2A+B(GS),66AA(JS),66A(GS),88_22A(GS),66K(JS),77_11K and 3B(GS).
some of these moves are to approach carefully Ivy and 3B(GS) to punish moves from coile and whip state.ofcourse in Sword state you cant punish a lot of thing but you can use effectivly WS K to moves like 214K to punish and ofcourse 22B(GS) close for mix ups.be patient and try not to grab you with SS and CS.
always thinking B+K(GS) because Ivy has a lot of usefull moves that hit mid and ofcourse Tira's best low 77_44_11K (JS) 77_11K(GS) to get advantage on hit for mix up game since Tira can get advantage on hit and she is safe on block.

Tira Combos

Nope it's not. It's a secret just frame with no light. which is kinda BS imo, the light gives me a feeling of success. =-/

Idk if you guys know, but you can connect JS (44A)A, 2A

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, I'm still trying to understand it.

Back