When are you going to have to say "There are too many fighting games"?

billy.jpg

Look who I found!

For the record, he was supposed to be in XII, based on the files found on the disc so if he's there, then I think a classic Iori might show up too (since he had a dummy file on the disc as well).

If you want to be good at a specific game then it must be your competitive focus. However, playing several others casually can't hurt. Just as a matter of personal ability, I've never been able to focus (for competitive levels) on more than one game at a time. When I moved from Tekken to SC, my Tekken went to trash. When I went back to Tekken and stopped SC (very briefly), my SC suffered, etc.

I am also like this for RTS and FPS as well. I stopped War3 for SC:BW and couldn't play War3 very well after (mostly because it was boring compared).

billy.jpg

Look who I found!

For the record, he was supposed to be in XII, based on the files found on the disc so if he's there, then I think a classic Iori might show up too (since he had a dummy file on the disc as well).

Billy?! Wouldn't have been my first pick but whatever, that's fine. Of course what's Billy without Yamazaki? I woulda preferred to see Vanessa or Mary first though. Or maybe seen some more moves restored. (Missing power dunk so badly, for pete's sakes you guys even made a trading card of the move).

SNK01_123_Power_Dunk.jpg

I'll say there are too many when we start seeing 3D Ballz 2 or Shadow: War of Succession 2.

SC is my drug. i try to go to other games but SC just sucks me back in, no matter if i play MK or BBCS.

back on topic: it is a no for me. let's see: there's tekken, soul calibur, virtua fighter, blazblue, mortal kombat, and MvC. that's all i really know and it's definitely not crowded.

To answer the topic question when they are just as much (or nearly as much) as first person shooters in North America.

That pony game looks like HiRes mugen...

But no, just plain no. How can there be too many fighters? you can even count them -at least now- Street Fighter IV , Blazblue, SC, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, MvC... and some other crap nobody plays. Uh, and the DragonBall games if you consider them fighters. And no, UFC's and Boxing games are NOT fighters, they're sports games.

But how about FPS? can you count how many of them are out there? NO! and the worst of all is that almost all of them play basically the same, except for some tiny differences and overall feel of the gun. And how about RPG's? I don't think I even need to go any further.

Absurd, there can never be too many fighting games.
FPSs on the other hand..

There can never be too many good fighting games perhaps. When we start getting bogged down in shit like modern equivalents to Shaq-fu and Clayfighter then you can be justly afraid. And I will join you.

Back