Who else here hates Thanksgiving?

Drizzle

[09] Warrior
I mean, what's to like about it?

The food is nasty and you're pretty much forced to be around family all day (I HATE being around family >.<), because if you don't show, you're treated as some sort of outcast.

I mean, why can't people just treat Thanksgving like any other day off and relax?

Fuck Thanksgiving! t(-_-t)

Anyone else feel this way?

But stuffing is sooooooo good.

Stuffing always tasted bland to me. It's just breadcrumbs.

I don't like turkey, yams, or any of that stuff, other than cranberry sauce.

When I go to Thanksgiving dinner with the folks, all I do is hog the cranberry sauce.

I'd certainly feel that way if I went to thanksgiving on my mom's side of the family. Thankfully, we go to the other side so I've got no complaints.

If I didn't have to deal with family, Thanksgiving would be the bomb. But I need them to cook, so what can you do?

step 1: wash up on random shore
step 2: smallpox
step 3: profit

but at least we made it into a holiday

step 1: wash up on random shore
step 2: smallpox
step 3: profit

but at least we made it into a holiday
You win today Mise lol.

Basically Thanksgiving boils down to two things to make it enjoyable, your family (or your friends in case of people who can't go to their folks), and the food.

You can always insist on making or bringing your own food but the big thing how well you get along with your family, which makes it either into a good holiday or bad holiday lol.

No complaints here.

Except turkey is an awful meat.
100% agreement. Fortunately, my family shares this sentiment and we always get some delicious ham instead. I guess I should be grateful (harharhar) that instead of doing only traditional Thanksgiving food, we've always got some awesome Filipino food.

Normally thanksgiving just means a lot of great food, but this year is looking grim.

My sister and her boyfriend are coming over, I love my sister and her boyfriend is a cool guy but he's bringing his little sister and mother, who I'ven ever met, but from what I've heard his sister is a bit......off.

100% agreement. Fortunately, my family shares this sentiment and we always get some delicious ham instead. I guess I should be grateful (harharhar) that instead of doing only traditional Thanksgiving food, we've always got some awesome Filipino food.

Ugh, you said it. Great Filo food on Thanksgiving = nummy.

No complaints here.

Except turkey is an awful meat.

Disagree with enthusiasm. Granted, it's no chicken, but it's also less fatty so it serves its purpose.

Though my grandmother goes crazy with the cooking every year. I mean balls to the wall

Every thanksgiving features

-a turkey
-five or six pounds of ham
-a lasagna
-a gigantic ass prime rib

And, now that there's a grill there, my uncle also ends up making hamburgers and hotdogs.

This is, of course, in addition to the like two dozen side dishes and 5 or 6 different desserts.

That woman is a cooking *machine*.

Every year, 20-30 family members+miscellaneous girlfriends/boyfriends show up for thanksgiving but she always cooks enough to feed three or four times that.

I love my tough, hardworking, foul-mouthed grandma.

Back