Who Liked SC3?

Actually SC3 is THE sc-game where I live... maybe because everybody bought a wii

I really like this game. We banned VC (mainly because I kept to RRVC ^^).
The X players are really annoying though! If somebody got tips against this girl, feel free to share them = )

Someday I might join the SC4-world but as a student i can't afford a ps3 or x360 atm.

You're kidding me, right? = )

Actually I just talked to some other guys who're going to play tomorrow and we're giving VC another try. But I think it will be banned again after like... 3 matches.

Nonetheless, thanks for the tip!

the first soul game I played was SC on the Dream. played it one or two times (at the time I was renting the system just to play Sonic Adventure) and that was it for about 5 years (didn't even know there was a soul game on the PS1). By then I had a PS2, and I saw SCII and SCIII at a rental store. I rented both of them (not at the same time, of course) and really enjoyed them. I'm not a competitive player and normally play alone so for me, single mode is the meat of the console version. At the time SCIV came out, I had a PS3 (but I got rid of it when it became clear it would never be backwards compatible) so I rented it. Of course, I was very upset with it. One reason (which was the only one not mention in past post): Soul Calibur. Except for Mi-na's and Siegfried's, when the sword is involved in the story (involved, not shown) it goes from being the "Holy Sword" and the exact opposite of Soul Edge in SCI-III to a "weapon of Mass Destruction" just like Soul Edge and I'm getting sick and tired of it (Good being just as evil as Evil).

I'm a fan of the series since SoulBlade and competitive player since SC for Dreamcast and I have to say that SC3 was excellent after the second release (Japanese Version)... The cast was really big (24 regulars+bonus+character creation)... the Japanese version came with a lot of changes that make the game more competitive... I like this game and even I like Siegfried's SC3 the most because'em were made with meaning and purpose... in SC2 you were learning more moves than you can handle (in certain cases) but in SC3 every move had its way to do it.

I know that a lot of characters suffers the transition from SC2 to SC3 but I guess it was for good. SC4 is like a pocket version of SC3 and SC3 is like a extended version of SC2... in SC2 I just learned 3 characters; In SC3 I learned how to use 85% of the roster; in SC4 I learned just 8 characters... that percentages talk a lot about the fun factor in the game. In some weekend I played SC3 for 24 hours straight with a bunch of friends. In SC2 6 hours was the most. In SC4 8 hours was the longest.

We just banned VC and the Customs+Bonus Characters and Voila! The game was enough fun. Hilde did more damage to SC4 than the VC did to SC3.

As someone without a PS3 or 360, Soul Calibur III was the latest installment in the series I had the opportunity to enjoy. At first, I was disappointed, but I later grew to love it once I started to explore the characters better.

I've never played Soul Calibur to a competitive level, so mostly I just play around with the movesets and disregard the glitches, flipping through the character select screen and scoping for what I like and occasionally playing a few matches against friends. In this sense, since Soul Calibur III had so much to explore character-wise, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not the most technically pronounced gamer, so the flow of the inputs seemed somewhat clunkier compared to SC2 to me, but the positives and negatives shared between the two installments make it difficult for me to decide which of the two installments I enjoy more, especially now that I'm going back and forth and essentially playing both at the same time at the moment.

Sadly, whenever I put SCIV in I end up just missing my favorite character and hop back over to III. Whatever happens to SCV upon release, I just hope they make sure all canon characters end up making it in to some degree... it's just disheartening not being able to play how you want to.

Back on topic, I just ignore VC with my friends and enjoy the game for what it is... down right entertaining.

If Link wasn't in Soul Calibur II, Soul Calibur III would be my favorite game. I honestly wish I never sold it. I've been looking around to buy another copy. LoL

Soul Calibur IV is a great game and all but I just miss SC III so much. I enjoyed CaS alot more in III because you could choose a class and select from I believe four disciplines. You didn't have to base you character off of a staple character and that gave your character you created a more personal touch I believe. I got really good with the Grieve discipline and the Katana/Shuriken discipline. So good in fact that I think I made a friend of mine hate SC III. He's been into SC since it was Soul Blade and he even been to a few SC II tourney's. Not saying I dominated but I got a couple wins in with created character, who's move list were half the size of say SCIII Raph. And that's another thing, I first hated SC III becuase I felt they DESTROYED Yeong-Sung and Mitsu played so differently but compared to SC IV, at least they HAD a healthy move list. :\

I also am an avid RPG fan so Chronicles of the Sword mode was the best slice of side/bonus/mini game heaven money could buy. I found the story in it just as enjoyable as I did the main Soul Calibur story.

Another reason I love SC III is because it was one of the few fighting games that I liked all of the new characters. It was great to finally have a black guy be the main boss in a fighting game, even if he turned into a purple skeleton demon. And Setsuka was, and still is hot! (Too bad I'm way more proficient with her SC III form the her SC IV form then I'd still main her. :\) Lastly, Night Terror = BEST SECRETE/MOST EPIC LOOKING SECRETE BOSS EVER! Yes even more epic then Capcom VS SNK 2's Shin Akuma and Ultimate Rugal, even more so then SNK vs Capcom: Chaos' Angry Ken.

Honestly, there are alot of thing I wish SC V would emulate from SC III. (Chronicles of the Sword, Night Terror as a boss) My most found memories of the SC series are from SC III. Me and my friends played SC III from its debut up until I enlisted in the arm forces. :\

I play this game more than I do with my copy of SCIV. The one thing that annoys me about SCIV is that
the game speed in general is nowhere near the speed of SCII/III. I don't know why Namco did that. My
second reason for playing this game over the other ones is because, well, as we all have our favorite
characters---Taki, is in her most beast form in SCIII.

I was reading a bunch of other comments in this thread and I really don't understand why there is the
amount of hate there is for this game. Is it because the movesets for everyone were increased? Is that
where you all think the imbalance comes from? I know that SCIII is by no means completely 'balanced'
but how the flying fuck do you expect any developer to do that with that many characters in the
game with that many different styles, with that many different weapons, and for cripes sakes, with that
many additional 'bonus characters' (more movesets to contend/balance).

There are things I really love about SCIV though that I hope gets more improvements in SCV which
would be the 'create a character' editor (needs more outfits, customizations), and if at all
possible the ability to play online. (serious sarcasm as trying to play a 3D fighter online, SCIV, is not
even worth the aggrevation when no matter what time it is, how good your connection is, NamBai's
servers won't give anyone better than 2 second lag) That is unacceptable. Therefor, I only play offline.

Other than that, I'd say SCIII's amount of unlockables, purchaseable equipment/items, extras, is just
crazy good. Even moreso than SCIV's. (hence the request to improve it again for the upcoming SCV).

Soul Calibur III seemed rushed, but Soul Calibur IV did too. The gameplay of SCIV is obviously much better than SCIII. SCIII is better in everything else.

SCIII had far superior design. The game added so much more depth to Single Player. Story mode was at least 3 times as long, and it was non-linear and completley different for each character. The cutscenes were interactive and there were several of them in one playthrough. Chronicles mode was very fun, it was a mixture between a strategy game and SC. It was really cool how you could create characters to use in this mode and it had a really good story. It had team battle mode, there was Soul Missions, tournament mode, Training mode (Where you can learn about the controls/advanced controls from Ocladan.) There were twice as many stages, and many more characters (the special characters have all different styles from the main cast.)

To me Soul Calibur III was a very complete game. The only thing wrong with it is it's unbalance, and bugs (which is a big part.) If Namco could make a game as good as SCIII, with SCIV's gameplay, then it would be the best SC game.

Soul Calibur III is the first SC series I played that made me interested in SC series.

The story mode was really amazing and never get me bored to play it again. Create Character mode was very cool (Which I couldn't find on any fighting game).

Personally, Soul Calibur III was a amazing fighting game with such a good feature such as Tournament mode, Character Creation mode, Soul Mission, CoTS, and Tutorial Mode. But one thing that had worried me was the file corrupted problem.Other than that, SC III was a amazing game for me.

The solution to that is to turn off auto-save. Only save when necessary. That way, when the game starts up, you don't have to worry about auto-load getting confused on the memory card. Just load from the options screen.

Thanks Vincent for the tips.

I liked SC3. Though, I didn't play too much of it on account of me never ownin' a Playstation console, but when I had access to it, I always had fun with it. I've been playin' SC since #1 on the Dreamcast, and out of all of them, I think SC3 had the most depth to it. It had the huge character roster, the huge, in-depth move-sets for each character, ACTUAL [non "luigized"] bonus characters, and the most options you've ever had in SC for a single player experience. One thing that I hated about it though was its Stepppin' system, The iterations before it were WAY better in that regard...that, plus the broken characters and its glitch problems.
If you were to compare SC3 and SC4 to each other, each one lacks what the other has. What SC3 has over SC4 is actual depth [all the stuff that I stated above] and more options than just an Arcade mode, multi-player and a lame ass "Tower of Lost Souls" mode; whereas, what SC4 has over SC3 is more polished and balanced game-play, which is probably one of the most important things a fightin' game should have if you're expectin' longevity out of it. If Namco manages to combine the two for SC5, then like darth621 stated, it would truly turn out to be one hell of a game...Oh, and they need to fix that damn Step system! It was perfect in SC2, and they fucked it up in both SC3 and 4!

I loved it because (No guests, Best storymode, Best character creation, Best and most game modes in the series.) The gamespeed was nice, much faster then SC4, the cutscenes were much better. It also featured 3 main enemies. (Zas, Abyss, Night terror) I never liked Algol being "neutral"

I haven't felt SC3 being broken at all actually. It waas a lot faster and more fun then SC4 by all means IMO.

I could care less about the game being "broken." The game was a goldmine, I have never played a fighting game with so much content. I played this game for months. Its the sign of what a truly awesome exclusive fighter could be, and the last hurrah of classic fighting games. Everything after was streamlined and lazy to fit the new consoles with their patches and dlc....Soul Calibur III forever! :D

Back