Who Liked SC3?

One of my friends (he is a tekken fan) said Soul Calibur is not even a fighting game! LOL!
Lol, I'd kill him! KK, here in Greece most people play Tekken (from the fighting games), however SC... they just don't like it or don't know it, but everyone can figure the reason why. Anyway one of my friends showed up with a Tekken shirt one day and I started shouting at him, seriously. Also once I found a group of boys talking about fighting games... I started shouting at them as well, but I guess those stubborn people don't wanna try something new. "Oh, it sucks!" "It's so frustrating with that guard." "Where's my left and right?" That's what I get as excuses...

Anyway, back to the topic...
I really loved SC3 because of all of those modes, story, but specially that hot hot hot Siegfried.
I liked it that's for sure, I liked it a lot more than SC4, but I don't think I can place it above SC2, my first SC game...(they are kinda both my favourite)
For me it's like SC2 >= SC3 ...

If SC3 was balanced it would be a masterpiece...

A lot of people do indeed moan about III, but if you ever get a chance to play SCIII Arcade edition, it is IMO the best game in the series by an easy margin - console version was cool to, you just had to make a choice: be a casual player or if you were a competitive player, main Xianghua XD

If SC3 was balanced it would be a masterpiece...

AAND if creation of a chracter was a little better, but that's excusable since it was a new mode.

Mr. Y has the great vision of just how it should look, and that's why III had that great SC-feeling.

I mainly played PAL ver of SC3 and also tried AE. Outside of glitches and some inbalances which was fixed in AE. Still I missed console just as much, it was a great game.

Game modes were most varied to date. Stage designs, variety, BGM was also impressive. Villa, Pirate Ship rainfall, Valentine mansion, Clocktower, Abyss hellfire stage were memorable.

Loved Setsuka speed and safety, watching CheeseoftheDay play inspired me to pick her. Wish SCV, she's is more like III. Despite Setsuka was not my main, her theme is a favourite of mine, "Ephemerial Dream" which really suited the char and Villa night stage. Those drums were like the race starter pistols just beats right into ur head. Then the chords come in and one just fights their best.

Missed Ivy's vacuum command grabs and seeing Linkcrc murdering ppl with 66[K]>CS/SS. Her SC1-3 VA Yuumi Touma will be missed.

Voldo mantis crawl rush was fun. Taki, Mina and Zasalamel were strong. Everyone just hadmore things to work with. (except for talim).

even tho sc3 destroyed soul cal, i did enjoy it immensely and consider it far superior to sc4. if sc5 can somehow save soul cal that would be amazing but i wouldnt put too much stock into that. game has been dead and irrelevant for so long and its competition has gotten so much fiercer. still one can dream.

Weird to explain, but the graphics were the best! CotS and CaS was awesome too! The modes and mission mode was great! I dont know hwy ppl hate it so much, it was one of the best!

A lot of people do indeed moan about III, but if you ever get a chance to play SCIII Arcade edition, it is IMO the best game in the series by an easy margin - console version was cool to, you just had to make a choice: be a casual player or if you were a competitive player, main Xianghua XD
This comment strikes me as painfully ignorant. All the major tournaments I went to, I don't even remember Xianghuas dominating top 5. Plus, out of all the dozens I must've played in tournaments, only Thugish killed it. And as usual, random scrubs are assuming that SC3 Arcade edition is the most balanced game in the series, just like Broken Destiny, they say, because it makes sense in theory...yet these versions weren't even played competitively on a wide-scale.

I spent more time on AE due to their being a machine near my house than most, I assure you.
As for the X jibe, I was merely pointing out she was a dirty, dirty character and you know it.
Honestly tell me she was balanced on the console - or am I too scrubby for a response? ^_~

Yeah, and I actually played in tournaments for SC3 Arcade in the only place in North America that had a scene for that version, and I can't even say it was obviously more balanced than the rest. So yes, stop being a scrub. Be a better skeptic or something.

Ha, maybe. Guess I can't compare to you XD, after all I'm not some has-been pro like you, but I don't flame people for no reason, so I may not have the pedigree, save compliments from players out of your league, but I will take some moral highground in knowing you're just a dick XD

Well, if we assume what I'm saying is the truth, then I'm not a dick. It's not like I think I'm better as a person than you or something, lol. I just have this thing for facts.

It's the perfect strategy. I start off by hating on people that don't know me. Then I prove that they're wrong and convert them to my beliefs, at least to an extent we can be friends, and then I move on to the next person. Doesn't always work, but I win most of the time. Then I build an army of like-minded assholes. Unstoppable!

Also, it was much longer than the last year, scrub.

Back