Who Liked SC3?

The first Soul Calibur game i have played was SC3 and it is GREAT. SC3 is far more greater than SC4 imo. You can buy ps2 just for SC3! Man the game is a masterpiece, it has everything that every fighting game should have. It's atmosphere is just makes me addicted to itself. I was playing it with my big bro and sisters for hours and i was spending a lot of time at character creation. It's music, stages, character voices (japanese) was all great. When i bought x360, i was eager to play SC4 but when they removed all the good offline modes and stuff, i was dissapointed. They just screwed up with many voice tracks even if the same person gave sound to them. Specially Kilik, Xianghua and Seong Mina. Yea, there are good improvements too but they are just too little compared to lost of offline modes.

I liked it... In theory.

But way too much bugs, weakend singe-player compared to SCII(except story-mode), overpower´d moves(Sophies ws A+B UB) and the tremendous tech-trap options made it imo the worst SC in the series.

Well, SC3 was my first Calibur game and I loved it! I didn't have anything to compare it with so it was a treasured masterpiece in my PS2 collection. (Maybe that's cause I never played SC2?)

I played SC4 before SC3 and it makes it hard to judge. I like SC3 but dont know if i liked it without SC4.

I played SC4 before SC3 and it makes it hard to judge. I like SC3 but dont know if i liked it without SC4.
If you can, please try SC2, i thought SC3 is the best but SC2 has an atmosphere makes me wanna play it 24 hours per day :D Almost all of the characters look much more natural and somehow realistic in SC2. When they look into your eyes, it feels like they are alive! In SC4 very few characters feels that way. Setsuka in SC4 looks like a doll with giant boobs, Kilik is a ActionMan toy, Ivy is a bitch. But in SC2 Kilik looks like Jet Lee or Jackie Chan, Ivy looks much more natural and realistic also charismatic, you can feel what Mitsurugi feels when he look into your eyes in character select menu :D

I wanted to burn SC3. Why Bamco.. Why did you rape Talim? She looks like shit. She plays like shit. And did I say she looks like shit too?

Because she sucks...
SCIII was awesome! Got me into competitive play... Just before Siegfried was ruined ~_~

I disagree. In what way was sieg ruined? Seems to me like he has a few more moves in sc4. Sure, they slowed him down a bit, but everyone got slowed down so it's kind of moot. Some of his moves were nerfed ever so slightly, while others were improved a bit. As far as overall strength and tier listing, i think its pretty much stayed the same as it was in sc3. If I had to chose which version of Sieg I like better, i would chose sc4's. The moves that got improved form the last game (like chief hold a+b becoming a horizontal instead of vertical) were some of my favorite/most used moves. The moves that were nerfed, like while rising {B} losing a lot of range, didn't negatively impact my game very much.

Call me crazy (I haven't checked the frame data to back it up), but it sure seems like the length of stun time has increased by a very small margin to allow for more/better stun combos than b4. Has anyone else noticed this??

I had a few SC3 casuals this past weekend and it felt so damn refreshing. I miss that fast paced action a lot, more than I ever thought. Still, going back made me think that SC4 is actually not that bad. It is the lowest point in the series but it also has its pizazz.

I loved SC3. It was the first Soul Calibur game that I actually owned. (I played SC2 arcade before that.) I really didn't know it hated so much. O_o

I loved SC3. It was the first Soul Calibur game that I actually owned. (I played SC2 arcade before that.) I really didn't know it hated so much. O_o
Same for me... well I did own Soul Blade, but obviously a lot had changed from that time. So I enjoyed the heck out of playing it. Especially all the modes, design and unlocks.

But yeah, unbalanced and a lot of glitches, I can understand why it gets so much hate.

Back