Wind Dancing - Talim Combos and More!

Ok, IWC will hit crouching when they tech left, forward, or just stand straight up and hits for ground damage if they tech right. If they tech backwards it's iffy. You can dash in and do it, but depending on your timing, they may have time to block. It's possible, and will hit crouching, but you have to be precise, so in this case it'd be better to do 22B. Does about 40-45 damage when it hits crouching, due to the first couple of hits whiffing, and 26-28, when it hits grounded.

Yesterday in a few of my online matches I was able to land this devastating sequence...

After stepping, 22B~6, AS B (no JF) *Opponent techs up* BT B, 3B, 22B~6 (tech trap), AS B:K

For some reason CH 3B baits a LOT of techs I noticed. I'm not sure about BT B after AS B though. It may be a tech trap, or it might just be they didn't tech properly or didn't block. Whatever the case, land this sequence and say goodbye to about 80% of the opponent's life bar.

Edit: BT B doesn't seem like a tech trap after AS B. If you recover crouching it hits so that's probably what my opponents did. Still, though, it was interesting seeing it work more than twice against a couple people.

Yeah, I dunno why but a lot of people online have a tendency to do that when Talim's BT with advantage. Even people with experience. I don't get it.

I think there's a tendency for people to think "Opponent BT = GET UP AND STRIKE!!!", but Talim's just one of them lucky fews who fair well with BT. Maybe because Talim's moves are so consistent, they think they have to get up and stop her asap?

Zero, you're right about BT B, I don't think it's a tech trap. That said, people do seem to get hit by it all the time...

I think there's a tendency for people to think "Opponent BT = GET UP AND STRIKE!!!"

I admit, I'm guilty of this mentality at times. Especially after jumping over them with Windsault. My brain tells me "BT B immediately!" hoping that my BT move will beat out theirs. I usually get stuffed by an Astaroth or Amy BT B+K for my efforts.

(Go figure. Astaroth, who's built for power, has a BT move that is faster than ANY of Talim's BT moves.... Sad really.)

But to my point, I'm learning not to get baited into attacking when seeing my opponent in BT.

^I've been using that combo quite often recently. It's a good alternate to the WS A+B wall combos since people tend to get hit by 22B more often than WS A+B.

I thought about making a new thread for this, but Talim has a pretty amazing ringout game. She can ring you out regardless of where the edge is in relation to her body. She has loads of front RO combos, a few ROs to her left, her A throw and 44K ring out to her right, and she can reverse RO with 7_8_9B or (sometimes) AS A+K.

Any launcher (236B, WL K, 66K) that chains into 6A+B is a decent RO combo near the edge. I recently found 236B, AS A+B to be a decent RO combo that rings out from even farther away than 6A+B. So it's basically like this...

236B - ROs forward when right up on the edge
236B, 66B - ROs forward from close to the edge
236B, 6A+B - ROs forward from a small distance away from the edge
236B, AS A+B - ROs forward from a slightly longer distance from the edge.

Cheers for the info, Zero.
Yeah, I think there may be enough info to warrant a separate thread.

I love Talim's BT and reverse RO game :) Might worth mentioning that BT K is a simple follow-up to 7_8_9B to make your opponent travel that extra distance... Though, AS A+K actually ROs? O.o; I've used it when I was pushed right up the edge and it still doesn't ring out! Is there a specific way to make it more likely to work?

It's very situational, but it can RO. usually if the opponent leaves the ground coming towards you, (i.e. Amy 66A) you can jump over them and kick them out. I had this happen twice in a FT10 series with Sorbo's Amy.

But yeah, 7_8_9B, BT K is the one you want. It's hard to set up since Jump B is a high, but if nothing else you'll switch positions and be safer from getting ROed yourself. It's also good on the gauge if they block it.

I am loving 236B, AS A+B though. It's almost like Talim's very own "doom combo" on small stages.

haha I must admit I have a very habit of doing 236B (or more often on jumping opponents), AS A+B one step too close, and end up getting myself out before the opponent does... ... ... Does holding forward while AS A+B makes the opponent fly further as well? I have a feeling it won't make much of a difference.

I don't think it matters. I usually use the AS A+B followup when I think I can't possibly RO my opponent with 6A+B followup. sometimes it works, sometimes it puts them right at the edge. on stages like Seesaw, or the labyrinth though if you hit 236B a little ways from the center you can ring them out.

I don't think it matters. I usually use the AS A+B followup when I think I can't possibly RO my opponent with 6A+B followup. sometimes it works, sometimes it puts them right at the edge. on stages like Seesaw, or the labyrinth though if you hit 236B a little ways from the center you can ring them out.

whats a good place to work in 236B? is there anything that puts them at a good disadvantage or the correct spacing to begin this move? Im not hitting with it using it stand alone and I'm not sure when / where to work it in rotations for best results.

I guess I should bump this, since I realised I'm probably not using 236B and 22_88B enough, and is actually finding it hard to break the habit. lol

whats a good place to work in 236B? is there anything that puts them at a good disadvantage or the correct spacing to begin this move? Im not hitting with it using it stand alone and I'm not sure when / where to work it in rotations for best results.

Well you can input it while blocking so it'd be like this

G236, release G, B.

Well you can input it while blocking so it'd be like this

G236, release G, B.

Great! ive been working with this to limited sucess, my timing on it isnt that good, and im learning what cervy and cassy moves I can punish with this. just need some time.

What are the best followups for AS a? ive been playing around with 3b or 6k? searching for some damaging options after AS a. not really sure what to follow up with for some decent dmg. thanks!! reading through replies now to write stuff down to try when I get home from work.

well, 6:K: is great if it stuns.
after that, you have a pretty much guaranteed 6:A:+:B:, and a possible 2:A:+:B:.

You can also do 236B, AA6BA~2_8_6_4, and 4BB. Maybe 22B would work if you input 22 quickly.

2A+B would be the best thing though because it hits fast and has a good ring out game after 6K.

6K 2A+B_6A+B is good for a quick ring out near the edge.

wait you mean AA6BA actually will hit after CH 6K? I thought since the stun puts them sitting on the ground highs would miss...

2A+B is the fastest option from max range so it has the least chance of getting shaken out of. 4BB is the next best option as it's a frame slower. if they don't shake, then use 236B combos, or 22B combos for max damage. If you're close enough 33B6B can also be used to RO forwards.

wait you mean AA6BA actually will hit after CH 6K? I thought since the stun puts them sitting on the ground highs would miss...

2A+B is the fastest option from max range so it has the least chance of getting shaken out of. 4BB is the next best option as it's a frame slower. if they don't shake, then use 236B combos, or 22B combos for max damage. If you're close enough 33B6B can also be used to RO forwards.

AA6BA wont hit but but 6BA will after AA if it's not shaken properly. I get it alot.

Anyways, just messing around tonight and found this:

236B 33B6B

Dunno if it has to be CH or not, I didn't test it.

Have you guys tried BT B+K as a bait? I have been trying to work it into my game. Also, I think WL K,33A ring outs better than 66B. But that's just my opinion.

Back