Wind Dancing - Talim Combos and More!

Also, I think WL K,33A ring outs better than 66B. But that's just my opinion.

Possibly. I never tested it for myself so I'm not sure. I use WL K, 6A+B. Rings out from farther away than both 66B and 33A followups. Try using that more when you land WL K remotely close to and edge.

BT B+K doesn't bait, period. D:
People who know what it is hits you out of it, and people who don't know panic and too, hit you out of it. *le sigh*

Give it a shot, I haven't had the luck but maybe you will. I think there are better BT options.

I think most people will stop you during BT :B:+:K:
(unless they're guard happy?)

if you know they are, they just complete the BT :(B):+:(K):,:A:+:B: instead.
XD

EDIT: best BT options. BT B, or simpler BT K
seems almost TOOO simple..

On a knock down, :B:+:K:, but cancel it.
Then FC :3::B::B:
(if they block the FC :3::B::B:, then ~WL:A: and stun combo.)
If not, then you have them in the air with it, and you can do whatever you want.

I was messing around with this yesterday.
When people see the unblockable, they roll and try to get up quick to attack from the side.
But since you cancelled it, you have a leg up, and they won't be guarding, since they'll want to counter.

As far as bait goes. After a CH AS A or 1A you can do the WC AAB follow-up, this leaves you at a disadvantage though, but most of the opponents don't know that. So you can do a WC A+G/B+G after that for another mix-up.

Also 2A on hit into multi-part throw works alot. The same as WC A+G/B+G into multi-part throw.
Also when I am feeling a bit lucky or overaggressive I do 7/8/9 A into WL. I still haven't found an opponent who didn't get catch off gaurd by that. Same as 44B.

The best bait attack is the 4B mix-up. A good secondary is 44A[A] (really that move almost sees no use so most opponents forget that there is a second move).

Just one more thing before I'll take my leave. Blocked BB > 1A+B. Works like a charm versus most guys.

Prymo, those are some good suggestions you've given us. 4B is one of my fav. :D
However, it's best to limit their use against players who know a bit about Talim. Maybe I just play too much with the same people, but I can see them being punished rather easily. Nevertheless, they are good mix-ups against other players who are less familiar.

In terms of bait, I think the wind transitions do a pretty good job. Given the situation, WC~WL(~AS)/~AS with varied timing, spacing and mid/low is what usually catch my friends off-guard. Maybe it's because they know the wind transitions are punishable, they don't tend to guard, and thus makes it easier to mess with their predictions and punish them.

Having said all that, I think Talim's ability to bait goes hand-in-hand with your ability read your opponent's movements, or more so anyway. You can usually make some good guesses after a round or two.

New Talim combos that work.

66K,66B ring outs 66K,66B,2A+B if you want dmg.
66K, 33A ring outs near the edge
4ak,33A
4ak,236A+B236A236B just for lols if you're bored.
4ak,44K might be able to ring out. Not sure right now.
66K,44K same thing as the last one
11_77B~4,AS A+B Only works on big character liek zas, rock, asta, and my nm/sieg.

I'll edit the post later with the dmg on NH andCH.

66K,66B ring outs 66K,66B,2A+B if you want dmg.
66K, 33A ring outs near the edge
I used to do 6A+B after the 66K.
Is it work too for 4AK?

4ak,236A+B236A236B just for lols if you're bored.
Isn't it A+B, 236A, 236B?

11_77B~4,AS A+B Only works on big character liek zas, rock, asta, and my nm/sieg.
Who are those "big character"? Is it Nightmare and Siegfried included in it? How about Lizardman?

I used to do 6A+B after the 66K.
Is it work too for 4AK?

Isn't it A+B, 236A, 236B?

Who are those "big character"? Is it Nightmare and Siegfried included in it? How about Lizardman?

1. 4Ak doesn't work because of the height.
2. yes, I just forgot to add the commas.
3. Big characters or huge guys like Zas, Asta, and Rock. Like I said before. And no those are mid characters. It would just miss them after they get hit by 11_77B. It's only works on rock, zas, and asta because of their hitboxs are big enoguh for the AS A+B to connect after the 11_77B.

Oh yeah, I just tested the combo on lizzy, seig, and nm. And it's only give you one hit, and whiff. So, basically you have to whiff 11_77B to make AS A+B to hit on nm, seig, and lizzy.

Also sorry for some of the confusin. I just use shorter version of there name.

zas=Zasalamel
Asta or ash is what I like to call him is Astaroth.

4ak,44K might be able to ring out. Not sure right now.
66K,44K same thing as the last one

If 4AK, 44K works the same as 66K, 44K, then it does ring out... but it's a terrible option. As far as I can tell, you both need to stand right next to the edge (with the edge to your right) for that to happen. Otherwise, you basically just swap positions with the other guy, except with a chance to ring yourself out. :T

Has anyone found better ways to follow-up CH 1A+B besides 2A+B and 44B?

If you're looking for 4AK to RO, just do 4A[K] and then BT K for forward RO. I apologize if I'm coming across as a buzzkill, as I understand how good it feels to come up with new creative stuff, but it's just not very practical in this case. With 66K you can use 6A+B for the best results. Even if you do 66[K] accidentally just do G6A+B to quickly turn around and do it. (If only 4AK bounced people as high as 66K, oh well...)

After CH 1A+B you can do 22B (I think it's a combo, not sure... but it'll stop rollers at least) or 11B for wakeup options. In terms of damage though, 44B is the best option. It's not guaranteed on NH though like 2A+B is, so I tend to just stick with 1A+B, 2A+B to keep things simple and consistent.

Yeah I just 2A+B it as well.

Truth be told I only asked coz I felt a bit slack doing it all the time lol Even when the opponent goes flying into the air it's like, "Oops, there he goes... coming down now... coming down... *does 2A+B* ... ... ... Maybe I could have done some more damage... Meh."

If you're looking for 4AK to RO, just do 4A[K] and then BT K for forward RO. I apologize if I'm coming across as a buzzkill, as I understand how good it feels to come up with new creative stuff, but it's just not very practical in this case. With 66K you can use 6A+B for the best results. Even if you do 66[K] accidentally just do G6A+B to quickly turn around and do it. (If only 4AK bounced people as high as 66K, oh well...)

After CH 1A+B you can do 22B (I think it's a combo, not sure... but it'll stop rollers at least) or 11B for wakeup options. In terms of damage though, 44B is the best option. It's not guaranteed on NH though like 2A+B is, so I tend to just stick with 1A+B, 2A+B to keep things simple and consistent.

It's fine dude. Soem of the things you sugessted is good. That 66K[K} sounds liek a decent idea. Since msot peopel will jsut block you to death with talim. I'm not hurt by your opinion.

Hello, questions again ^^;
Sorry if these has been asked before.

1. What is the follow up after the 6A+B? I forgot if it's a CH or not, but the opponent is at unrecoverable stun (I don't know what to say about the condition... "crumpled"?).
2. About the follow up of the CH FC 3B,B~6, is it AS B:K guaranteed? Sometimes I missed the B (whiffed), and if the B is hit, the :K is sometimes missed (whiffed). Is that follow up air-controllable? or maybe my missed-timing again?

Thank you for the answer.

Back