Wreaking Havoc in Wolfkrone: The anti-Hilde thread

Wreaking Havoc in Wolfkrone: The anti-Hilde th

Rock as a counterpick is actually true. There's this one dive move (6B+K?) that seems to go over all charge moves at medium to close range, that and charge combos are more difficult on him. His hitboxes are strange, man.

G-17< moves can own Hilde. A lot of low and horizontal mid are G-17<. It is free and safe against Hilde if she uses RO charges. Also, G-19< mids and G-18< lows on block will not be ROed by Hilde.
Don't forget positioning.

If by "G-17" you mean i17 as in impacts in 17 frames, then yes, those interrupt charges.
HOWEVER. Hilde has this magical charge called C3A that will beat out any non-stab, non-low, weapon move. This is the main reason why she's so dangerous.
In fact, if she still had Doom combo in BD, but they took away the aGI frames on C3A, she'd drop from S Tier, to maybe A+ Tier. This means you should use more kicks against her.
Lows also work, but you have to be EXTREMELY careful. Amy's 1A, whilst fast and hard to block - if expected and jumped = Free doom. In fact, you might want to consider what Anti-Air moves you have (ie titan-bomb for asta) to punish jumpy Hildes trying to net free doom off of guessed jumps.
Also, careful with predictable Highs, ala Cass' 4BB:A. On twitch duck - that's doomable.

However, if by G-17 you mean -17 on block, HELL NO. That shit is punishable. That's sparta kick to face. anything that is -17 or lower as a low attack - Mind you this is MINUS SEVENTEEN OR WORSE. - can be jumped and doomed. Shit that is -17 or worse is usually somewhat seeable. Heck, I've jump doomed a sieg's A+K:A:2A, and that's safe on block.
As for MIDS. the majority of Mids - are Vertical. You do realise that Hilde is the step queen. Step doom is like her best tool. Are you sure you want to whiff a move that on BLOCK is already crap? As for horizontal mids - Her back step isn't that bad, but you don't need it because C 3 A.
Also, any move that's -18 or worse that finishes standing eats 8K into tech trap doom.

Yea. G-17 is not completely safe. I exaggerated little bit.
Anyway,
Hilde's 6K(i17), 3K(i16), 2K(i15), 1K(i17), FC2K(i15), WRK(i16) can always punish it. However, compare to other character's ability of punishing on unsafe moves with big damage, Hilde is weak on here. That is the only weakness I see. A lot of G-17 moves have stronge mix-ups and good damage and with combo, so that it is worth to trade with those Ks' damage.

G-19< mids and G-18< lows are also good to trade with those Ks if you don't tech the 8K's tech. And unsafe move doesn't mean slow. Jump it by reaction? Anyway, a lot of unsafe moves can beat C3A+step completely that's the reason you needs unsafe moves. Seriously, I'm rather sure a move unsafe on block than totally whiff. If you didn't use them, I can't think an effective way to beat Hilde because of C3A's auto-GI and TC. Then just sit here, watch, and die.

*** To found a move can beat C3A+step is important. I believe that most of those moves are unsafe on block(not quite unsafe against Hilde).

This post doesn't mean Hilde is below Tier A.

In fact, if she still had Doom combo in BD, but they took away the aGI frames on C3A, she'd drop from S Tier, to maybe A+ Tier.

Just for info's sake, someone in the BD subforum already posted info on Hilde's RO combo being nerfed. C2A/C3A doesn't send you nearly as far anymore and doesn't ringout from slide, and C3B>44K doesn't lead into relaunch from C2B.

Lets not lie, EVERYONE can beat Hilde. As much as i hate to say it( because she is the only character i use) but its true
I'm gonna quote the best player I ever met: Its easy to beat any character even Hilde! you just have to JI every move and punish with the best combo you have!!

Now seriously, Hilde is the character against any player of this game would pressure the most, and that's the reason why most player hate her... I don't hate her (but I hate a lot Xianghua in SC3), because she's only fault was have the most stupid RO game since SC in DC... Her other moves are just fine, but most players use to play with the best weapons for any character, so don't blame them for only use charge attacks.

She doesn't have to be banned, but she really needs a patch about the RO properties; the damage for the doom combo is just fine, but the RO range is insane and I want to said again need to be patched.

Now in order to beat her the player first need to clean their fears and attack with precise attacks, and wait for the repetitive patterns of button's release in order to GI or step; and the most important advice is to step always to the left, use a lot of kicks and don't be afraid if the SG start to shine...

-Stryker-

Silent, it's not so much what she punishes on Block, but more what she punishes on whiff. Her step is so broken that quite often, she will step a horizontal. The most dangerous thing about Hilde punishing stuff on block isn't the guaranteed damage, Lets be honest, she gets crap punishes guaranteed on anything better than -18. It's that she's at frame advantage on most of her punishers.
I used to be rather dodgy and would 3A with Hilde after a C3A hoping to CH fish into 6A+K. Reason? 6A+K is +5. +5 means that throw beats out almost any move. It also means that C3B beats some moves and iFC C2B beats out almost anything. Throw/Doom mixup is nasty sauce and if they're trying to 2A you, yours is going to beat them for a CH giving you now a +8 advantage.
This is one of the scary things about Hilde, is that she can generate momentum insanely fast. In fact, her A moves are so good at generating advantage scenarios, that you could sit on a B charge all game and then go for a C4B. It's fast enough (Not quite Amy fast, but pretty fast), has an inbuilt backstep, sidestep and tech crouch, worst of all, on wall splat equates to guaranteed death (C4B, W!, 1KK, 2A+B, 2B+K. The 2A+B is a tech trap as well as oki - you can't avoid it.)
The good thing is that most people are too busy looking at "ZOMG I CAN DOOM FOR EASY WIN!" to notice that she has awesome tools when she isn't charging.

The good thing is that most people are too busy looking at "ZOMG I CAN DOOM FOR EASY WIN!" to notice that she has awesome tools when she isn't charging.
Best comment ever! Epic! Totally agree! ETC!

Silent, it's not so much what she punishes on Block, but more what she punishes on whiff. Her step is so broken that quite often, she will step a horizontal. The most dangerous thing about Hilde punishing stuff on block isn't the guaranteed damage, Lets be honest, she gets crap punishes guaranteed on anything better than -18.
That's my point.
For example: You can abuse more Talim's 33A(B-16)_11KA_1A, Nightmare's Flap Jack(B-16), Ivy's 22K? to build a momentum pressure on Hilde. These moves are very unsafe against other characters, but it is effective against Hilde.
Yea, her step is good. And her other non-charge moves are also good. Totally agree.
Anyway, I think this idea will give you more potential moves against Hilde. Also, it fit in this Anti-Hilde topic. If this idea doesn't work, then play psp version.

No, no, no. Many wrong assumptions about me in the last hate_hilde_thread, but ok. The guys telling me that somebody need to learn hilde got their point, but what do need hilde players do to win? almost nothing. Just can't get over that on EVO so many players, that deserved to be in top 8, couldn't make it coz of this bitch. Yea, RTD isn't bad, KDZ is probably good, but compared to european players and guests from other countries (Saitoh, Kayane, Omega, Belial, Kura so on) they just not looking so good. Especially feel bad for Omega, getting destroyed by some hilde, he deserved to be in top 3 at least. Too bad EVO turn out to be cheap fest like that.

No, no, no. Many wrong assumptions about me in the last hate_hilde_thread, but ok. The guys telling me that somebody need to learn hilde got their point, but what do need hilde players do to win? almost nothing.
This statement confirms the assumptions made in the last thread that you indeed know jack and shit about playing Hilde.

-David

To win with hilde, you must land an i21 launcher that can be stepped and punished by the entire cast. You can guarantee the i21 launcher if you manage to step certain unsafe on whiff moves.
In high level play, the Hilde player is working to force the opponent to whiff. The opponent is working as hard as they can not to whiff. If you're going into the match and throwing out moves that are doom punishable, and your opponent is able to step these reliably, you need to reconsider your game plan. You are against a character that can combo into long range RO. You need to consider it like fighting at the ring edge at all times. Hilde's downfall is that whilst her non charge tools are Solid, they are low damage and don't combo well. Charges are slow, but do good damage and combo. Every character with a good 2A should be trying to 2A her charges, else just find a useful kick or stab move that C3A can't aGI and focus on getting through her with that.
The main reason that the European players didn't do well against Hilde or Algol, is because they banned Algol and don't have anyone who plays Hilde at the same level as the Americans.
You're a SF player and SF doesn't have RO's. Stop trying to compare Hilde to Sagat. It doesn't work. Sagat is top tier because his tools are just godly. Hilde is top tier because she has good movement, decent tools and a single godly combo. With sagat, if you get around one of his tools, he can slap you silly with 1 of his other tools. Eg, Sagat's tiger shot is awesome for zoning. but if you're gief, you can lariat or jump them. Even if you lariat or jump, sagat still has standing HK which zones gief and stops him jumping. With Hilde, if you rush her down with good lows, kicks or stabs, her tools aren't adequate to punish. which is another thing. Hilde's punishes on ANYTHING that is better than -17 is weak. The rest of the cast will get 50-60 damage. Hilde will get maybe 20 if she's lucky.
If Hilde is so easy to win with, why didn't she win Evo? Why didn't she win Nats? why don't we have top 8 players Hilde?

thx for reply, first of all.

I compared her to sagat just for tell my point - sagat is god tier, hilde isn't, she is cheap (somebody in that thread says that it's ok to pick good characters, like hilde, for winning). All of my hate comes from that so many good players not familiar to her cheapness fail at that tournaments. What other character can destroy somebody so fast if they don't know how to punish it? Anyway, you are right from your rational point, i just took it too emotionally.

This thread is pretty funny.

Interrupt charges ON REACTION with Amy's 6BB ?
Low throw C3A ON REACTION ?

Just doing guard impact is close to impossible in a real game : you concentrate so much to see the blue flash that the rest of your game becomes inexistant.

i11 move interrupting i21 move has to be done at 9th frame. Nobody has a reaction time of 9 frames. Most people are arround 20-23 frames.

So Hilde isn't broken ? No strongest character in the game ?
Have you ever considered that the players who picked Hilde might just not be the best arround ?
I mean face it, how do you think most Hilde players would perform with a "regular" character ?

One hit winning the round, is just completely imbalanced.
Considering these moves are more than safe (TC, auto-gi, + frames on block, what do you want more ?!), and that Hilde can bait for whiff easily with her crazy step ...

God tier.

Anyway, I would be very impressed to see anybody "low throw on reaction" a C3A with Rock.
This would probably mean also able to perfect-GI all her charges ...

for the most part runis is right on how to play hilde

although i like to throw alot, i mean no one is gonna duck alot vs hilde

i tend to force mistakes by using alot of C2BB and C3A

i sacrifice the full doom combo for SG pressure and throw attempts

rushing down and randomly backing also makes alot of people whiff

im probably doing it wrong but i like playing her offensively =P

First of all tresto. The crouch throwing on reaction was me doing theory calibur. Rock's crouch throw is i12, and Hilde's c3A is i21. It's theoretically possible to react in 0.15 seconds. Just not probable. Especially not when other factors come into play.
Amy doesn't need to 6BB charges, she can just aGI them. [LG}Infinite - the Amy player down here in Sydney, can reliably aGI charges on reaction.

SF, the difference between God tier and Cheap is?

Hilde is not broken. C3B can be DEALT with. People who keep saying she is broken, you either do not know the game well enough to make a judgment or, sorry to say, you're just plain stupid.

All of my hate comes from that so many good players not familiar to her cheapness fail at that tournaments. What other character can destroy somebody so fast if they don't know how to punish it?

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE - Do you really think you can win a tournament without it?

i11 move interrupting i21 move has to be done at 9th frame. Nobody has a reaction time of 9 frames. Most people are arround 20-23 frames.
To that I present you with this -
SCIENCE! said:
Mean Reaction Times

For about 120 years, the accepted figures for mean simple reaction times for college-age individuals have been about 190 ms (0.19 sec) for light stimuli and about 160 ms for sound stimuli (Galton, 1899; Fieandt et al., 1956; Welford, 1980; Brebner and Welford, 1980).
That is 12 frames. Granted that it's for a "Yes/No" scenario, and multi choice situations slow reaction time, but usually, if you are trained to the situation, even in a multi choice scenario, your reaction speed wouldn't be more than 0.25 seconds (15 frames), Which even then is EXTREMELY SLOW.
A professional gamer, especially in the fighting game scene, would have faster than average reflexes. Go to http://www.sciencejoywagon.com/explrsci/media/reflex.htm
Do the test and see what reaction speed you get. My bet is that it's quite possibly LOWER than 0.19 seconds.
So Hilde isn't broken ? No strongest character in the game ?
Have you ever considered that the players who picked Hilde might just not be the best arround ?
I mean face it, how do you think most Hilde players would perform with a "regular" character ?
RTD. He plays Hilde. He also rapes with other characters.
One hit winning the round, is just completely imbalanced.
Considering these moves are more than safe (TC, auto-gi, + frames on block, what do you want more ?!), and that Hilde can bait for whiff easily with her crazy step ...
Only ONE move does all that, and it's C3A. C3A does not combo into C3B. C3B is not that safe. On block yes, but it's step-able, and is -9 on block. Also in regards to 1 move winning the round, That's just how Ring Outs are. Every character can RO. Every character has RO distances and combo's. Her's is just obscenely large. If you aren't paying attention to ring position, you are ignoring on of the vital elements of this game.

I play astaroth on the smallest stages vs hilde....

mainly mind games no real advantages

lots of K moves and lots of grabs

k
6B+K
88a,a 22a,a
44A *no charging

the grabs

not much of the 3 A+G and 3 B+G

dont use 1k just dont do it . if you do it dont do it much and never do it when your back is facing the RO zone.

Bullrushes and 6B+K's are major tools for astaroth... with the good ol 6K following behind

bullrush no grabs, no GI, RO's, Variety of charges and directions, range, speed,

6B+K Gi's, no grabs, no lows, nice speed, not used a lot, i believed it is not GI'd i have not been caught by a Gi from hilde

6K its fast, it has knockdown, and its not gonna be shot back in your face by a gi.

RO game.

I Pick smallest stages
3 stages teeter totter stage, labyrinth stage, and the raft stage.

pretty much every thing applies to wall pressure but the deepness of the grab game are a not as deep.

I ussually beat hilde at her RO BS game on these stages.

NUMBER ONE RULE DONT GET HIT. lol its game over for you if you get hit. not the same if she gets hit....

I listed those moves and those are the moves that will be used and will not be deviated away from often during matches for a prime reason. reason your trump.

I suggest you to do a bit of grab just make sure they dont whiff :(. first time either players is at the ring out edge use on for the "A" grabs. dont use the B grabs for RO's thats too predictable. do the B's once or twice for an attempt RO other than that keep them for the inner stage. right now mind games start

That trump card is the use of limited moves. I would say its universal. not too few not too many moves. enough to keep things fresh.
its pretty much a good way to beat hilde at her own game except you gotta work a lot harder and play a hell of a lot smarter than the hilde player needs to, with greater restrictions.

Dont use any of your long range moves unless your going for the KO or RO. Dont use any of your long range moves for the KO or RO often. use them seldomly. Over usage will get your feeble attempts shut down.

a specific strat is to grab a bit when hilde is at the edge you know to scare them to try to smack you in the face or duck. do it about 6-8 times if you can. Try to make it obvious you are a predictable grabber. on that 11th time is where you go up to them. I would use a 2k... only one 2k just to see if they react. if you hit them do it again. then bull rush or you can just bull rush after the first lil poke.
dont go for 3. its not worth it. its your call whether to go for 1 or 2 lil kicks. ... a 6K o 6B+K is just as good as the bull rush.

I will say my word of advise that is universal for all characters is this.
These rules

Dont Get al frozen up under pressure

Patience my friend patience.

grab

learn to just ukemi a lot. cuz boy that thing can save you some times.

use safe moves and moves that wont be GI'd

Most important it really is mind games

oh I have never heard the term binding before.... not really on these forums a lot nor do I play as hilde a lot or talk with hilde players. I probably know what it is but I just never heard the term.

cough bubbles cough algol cough

Back