XBox 360

SajiNori

[08] Mercenary
I'm looking for an XBox 360, strictly for SC4...I wasn't big on the 360 until I played SoulCalibur a couple of weeks ago, now I want one so I can play as much as possible.

i have a 360, and id strongly recomend you get a ps3, seriously the 360 is the worst made peice of crap i ever saw, and im not just talking about r.r.o.d.,the controllers are a joke, good for fps's but if you use the d-pad like you will on sc4 , it'll wear out in a few months. all the usb ports are broken, ive sent it back to micro$oft many times including 3 rrod's.
marketplace is good , but its just another way for ms to take your money at every opportunity.etc etc etc

^^ hater... lol. If the only reason your getting a system is SC4.. then you'd be better to get a 360 and use the money you saved to buy a good arcade stick :) lol.

Fanboy-ism gets irritating to have to read all the time..lol. (not that you were being fanboy-ish... it just all sounds the same after while when ppl say "this sucks but this doesn't").

I won't disagree on many of the points, but for an overall gaming experience the 360 has more games to offer right now (and overall ..better games in part because its been out so much longer) but for fighting games PS3 is better...cept PSN isn't as big.. but to some extent that just means you get fewer scrubs..lol.

lol sorry that post was the pent up feelings from 3yrs of having a 360, wow! only one paragraph! but to be fair the 360 is a good price and is overall pretty good. but from what i hear the ps3 sc4 community is better

I won't disagree on many of the points, but for an overall gaming experience the 360 has more games to offer right now (and overall ..better games in part because its been out so much longer)
I will have to respectfully disagree. MANY studies have shown that the PS3 has an overall higher percentage of quality games.

EDGE-EEDAR-Topic1-Graph2.JPG
eedar_xbox360_qual.jpg

EDGE-EEDAR-Topic1-Graph3.JPG

http://www.edge-online.com/tags/games-at-a-glance

I'm sure I'll play other games than SC 4, But the main reason I want a 360 is for that game...I'll probably end up getting Street Fighter 4 later on in the future as well

I won't disagree on many of the points, but for an overall gaming experience the 360 has more games to offer right now (and overall ..better games in part because its been out so much longer) but for fighting .

This may sound like im a fanboy but im sure and im sure many ppl feel the same ps3 has better exclusives. I admit when it launched ps3 had little exclusives but nw ps3 has more better exclusives and loads of xbox exclusives are on pc too. Just compare the exclusive line up for 2009.

Srry for bieng off topic so i'll make a rubbish suggestion. Why don't you try ebay? :D :D :D

srry for DP but i'd look at IGN comparison for sumthing more reliable. Many ppl dnt trust edge and their reviews. They gave KZ2 a 7 and whilst i do respect its an opinion they made sum really retarded points. Ok the story and voice acting wasn't amazing but they seemed to barely list good points and seemed to think bad voice acting was game breakin.

I've been looking to get rid of an xbox 360. I can sell it to you for $130, no harddrive. Has a memory card, one controller, tv hookups and power cable, and if you want I can throw in gears of war 1.

srry for DP but i'd look at IGN comparison for sumthing more reliable. Many ppl dnt trust edge and their reviews. They gave KZ2 a 7 and whilst i do respect its an opinion they made sum really retarded points. Ok the story and voice acting wasn't amazing but they seemed to barely list good points and seemed to think bad voice acting was game breakin.
The numbers on those charts are based on METACRITIC scores... not Edge scores.

Wow, a list of "quality games" ... What the hell is quality supposed to mean here?

I might be wrong, but the way I see it is that if you like everything that looks like an anime regardless of the quality, get a PS3.

If you like to live dangerously without the rewards, get an X360.

If you want to participate in fierce dishwasher competitions, get a Wii.

I will have to respectfully disagree. MANY studies have shown that the PS3 has an overall higher percentage of quality games.
Higher percentage perhaps, but fewer actual titles in the same range. PS3 also tends to get lazy ports on multi system releases.

SC IV, SFIV (lower res), Orange Box, RE5 etc all run better on the 360.

PS3 does net you a good bluray player, it outputs better sound than the 360, and it's far easier to get a decent controller on the PS3.

like tidus said... which is what I was saying. Why would anyone care about the percentage of games that are good? lol.. I don't buy a percentage.. I buy a title. Its only the title count that matters. And that being said, any chart that labels things as 85 or better... 85 or worse isn't gonna give a very good picture. For all we know that means that the xbox had 48 10's while the ps3 didn't have a single 10 (obviously I know neither is true.. but thats not the point). We also don't know of the "below 85" scores how many were close to being above 85.

In short... thats a fucking horrible economic chart right dun der' lol...

That being said, I was really only originally saying that the xbox has more, better games than Ps3 right now. Which your chart agrees with me on Jaxel. On the hardware... of course the Ps3 will be better in most aspects cuz Microsoft is run by american asses and the Ps3 came out much later.

Random note: An example of why the chart is wrong... is because I'm certain ppl would consider ninja gaiden 2 as a good game for the xbox. The fighting was awesome... it just needed more beta testing honestly to work some bugs out (the game got rushed out cuz the game's maker quite or what not). With that beta testing it would have easily jumped into the 85+ range.. but it probably only got like a 82-84 is my guess. And I KNOW lots of ppl liked the game. Does that game getting a 83 or something really means its a worse game than some FIFA soccer remake that got a 90?

Scores are genre subjective. A 9.0 in a shooter is different than a 9.0 in an RPG which is different than a 9.0 in a sports game. xbox has more FPS, PS3 has more RPGs (or will in time if they don't keep porting the once ps3 exclusive stuff to xbox..heh).

One last thought.. a list of exclusives would do the best.. as well as one showing which system the non-exclusives seem to "run" on better (graphics, controllers working well, etc).

But i like both systems so mhee. Never been a fanboy type. If I could have an ex-girlfriend buy me a new system every year it would be great. But one person can only have so many videogame systems bought for them..lol. Maybe if I'm really lucky I'll get a 55 in HDTV or something from the next chick in my life.. ...lol.

get a 360 and a dual modded/dual custom arcade stick. This way, while very pricy, you'll be ready to play on both 360 and PS3 with the same arcade stick.(less relearning controllers)

To be honest, get a NEW "Xbox 360 Arcade". If all you're planning to do is play calibur and maybe other fighters, then right out the box you'll be good to go. I reccommend a NEW system cause they have better chips in them that REALLY help on overheat problems. Although I also recommend on looking into a Hard Drive later to install some games on to so your disc drive doesn't beat the unholy fuck out of your games.

I've more or less said the same thing to him. Building him the stick, he's currently looking into a 360. Now for all the people going "PS3 is better!!!!!!!!!!!11!!~fanboyrep~!," There's several reasons Saji's looking into a 360:

1) Price factor.
2) Our core group of players around here have 360s, thus have equipment for 360s.
3) I own a 360, so therefore, when he's over here, he can play on my 360.
4) Along with #3, when we're not chilling at the same place, he can at least catch me on Live for some matches.
5) Tournaments around here are a mix of 360s/PS3s.

Also, Saji, if you want a hard drive, and don't get a premium/elite, when I upgrade my HD, I'll literally give you my 20gig. Granted, my DLC will be KTFO'd since you wouldn't be able to use it, but you could install SC4 on hard drive, get Vader DLC, and have a few gigs to spare for SF.

Back