Xbox One Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that has been discussed enough.

Anyways, I've been wondering: Why would they want the console to always be online? I don't think they realize how big of a market they're losing; there's many countries in which a fast, stable connection is just not possible. Having lived in Venezuela for most of my life, I can guarantee that nobody there will buy an Xbox One if internet connection is mandatory. Nobody.

because they want to monopolize the gaming experience through DRM? they also probably figure "hurr durr this is 2013 guys! everybody has internet!" but dont realize that not everybody has a stable internet connection. on top of that alot of us like just playing offline sometimes, especially if its a singleplayer game, and we DONT WANT to be signed in. it gives them total control over how we play our games, and more than likely if they really wanted to, they could also use it for monitoring purposes(though im certain a big corporation has something better to do than watch Norik play SCVI right?).

because they want to monopolize the gaming experience through DRM? they also probably figure "hurr durr this is 2013 guys! everybody has internet!" but dont realize that not everybody has a stable internet connection. on top of that alot of us like just playing offline sometimes, especially if its a singleplayer game, and we DONT WANT to be signed in. it gives them total control over how we play our games, and more than likely if they really wanted to, they could also use it for monitoring purposes(though im certain a big corporation has something better to do than watch Norik play SCVI right?).
I am very sure there were many PPTs shown in many boardrooms full of people from Microsoft and other corporations about what a market research bonanza it will be for them once nearly every household in the USA as well as however many in other parts of the world are under the watchful eye of their Kinect. Hidden cameras are already used for market research more than most people realize. The main difference this time is it's not even hidden - it's right there because it HAS to be in order for anything to work and you're supposed to absolutely love it because it enables you to control your Xbox by waving your hands like a retard and pester your friends with video calls while they're trying to play a game or watch a movie (and Solo thinks all those party invites are bad!)

Even here in America depending on your area you won't have a fast, stable connection. I have a friend who lags pretty much no matter what. Even after being connected directly and having just reset his connection.

SHHH don't mention my lag D:<
-------------------------------------------
GOOD GRIEF.

After reading this entire thread I felt pretty drained. Anyways, I don't know about you all, but I'm going to wait awhile before I decide to purchase a new console. I don't want to be surprised with "XBOX ONE SLIM!" or some shit like that.

That's not how it works. You still need your cable box. You then plug that into your XBOne then you plug your XBOne into the TV. The XBOne then overlays ads and channel guides over your cable box feed etc. Then you need to set up IR Blaster wires to every component in your AV system from the "Xbox turn on" thing to work sansadditional remotes.

If you wanted that XBOne overlay in every tv in your house you'd need additional cable boxes as well as additional XBOnes.

hmm.. quick. race over to microsoft headquarters and let them know it's 2013. We're going to need them to represent today's technology and not something that feels so last century. hookin up wires to cable boxes and all that? what my xbox one is a receiver? GTFOuttahere.. my xboxone should be the cable box. better tell them to start negotiating with them cable service providers. They talkin about an all in one entertainment system.. well then. I WANT A GOT DAMN ALL IN ONE ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.

shieet.. how the fuck that look. I got an xbox one talkin it does this that and third.. but if I don't have a cable box, I don't have this... and if I don't hook up them other wires, I don't have that. then what am I left with? a bunch shit that when combined, should be the third.

damn shame microsoft... you're in 2013 my dude... I need you to step your shit up. Don't tell me you got somethin. when you don't. that's just playin with my emotions... that don't make me want to buy your system. makes me want to laugh at you in pity.

ha.

So are you guys gonna buy this thing if it has a ton of kickass exclusives.

Judging by their FIFA announcement, (one exclusive TEAM) they aren't going to have kickass exclusives. Just lame preorder bonus level exclusives.

Stuff like Ryse, who cares? It's Kinect.

GTFOuttahere.. my xboxone should be the cable box. better tell them to start negotiating with them cable service providers. They talkin about an all in one entertainment system.. well then. I WANT A GOT DAMN ALL IN ONE ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.

MS was rumored to be doing this, (complete with a contract style plan so the XBOne would cost less up front cell phone style) but either that was just speculation or that kind of deal fell through.

I'm going to buy it regardless! I'm pretty sure it will have better launch title than PS4 will, but I might get a PS4 also in the future. Just now I saw no reason to get a PS3 because I had so many, many, many xbox 360 games, didn't think I'd use a PS3 at all.

People can hate on Kinect all they want, but numbers speak louder than words, over 20 million + Kinect units sold world wide. And Xbox One's seems to be the finished version, since it's in 1080p, I thought Kinect for 360 looked like a beta because it could only view in 480p.

kinect.jpg

can't you just turn the kinect around,or cover it up if you're worried about it watching ya? hell my kinect is still plugged in, but stuck in a corner since can't put it anywhere (this is after we got a new tv and couldn t just put it on top). my sis still plays with it from time to time so i don't bother taking it off.

can't you just turn the kinect around,or cover it up if you're worried about it watching ya? hell my kinect is still plugged in, but stuck in a corner since can't put it anywhere (this is after we got a new tv and couldn t just put it on top). my sis still plays with it from time to time so i don't bother taking it off.
It's humour man.

It says They will leave that up to the publishers but conveniently ignore that as much as you want.
This obviously refers to stuff like EAs online passes. Of course neither sony nor ms could stop devs from using BS like that.

This obviously refers to stuff like EAs online passes. Of course neither sony nor ms could stop devs from using BS like that.
And what's stopping developers from using an online pass that blocks the entire game? That is essentially what putting in a code to play the game on Xbox One is. If you want to call that a win for us then I can only facepalm.

For a little while. I was willing to come back for Halo 5 and 6. (343 got my attention with Halo 4's Campaign. Not to mention they are bringing in quite a few competitive heads for Multiplayer for the future installments) but as of this moment. Nope. PS4 has won me over. Now could this change post-E3? Sure. But I need to hear ALL about those plans and policies...And I probably won't get true straight answers til the console actually drops and the sucker- I MEAN. Early adopters tell us ALL about it on various blogs, news sites, and message boards (like this one)

I'm willing to play my 360 up til the servers shut down(that will happen) or folks on the friends list migrate to next-gen(more likely scenario).

Make no mistake. I'm very ready to make that next-gen jump. But I won't be jumping with Microsoft until these "news reports" get completely squashed or the inevitable system update rolls in and straightens consoles ass, up.

Check in every 24 hours for Offline and this "my retail disc is pointless, lol"...shit like that better get squashed out come E3. The "Kinect being always on" report was squashed earlier. Saying you can turn that shit off and thats great to hear. A positive step in the right direction. Need more of that.

Until MS makes me happy. See ya'll PS4 side.(about 4-7 months after launch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back