Xiba Combo Discussion

I found something interesting:

3kB ~ 3A+B (56 dmg)
A+BBK BE ~ 3A+B (103 dmg)

It connects although the opponent seems to be out of range. Only these two seem to be guaranteed. 3A+B will hit after 6BK BE and the likes, but the opponent can block. Maybe it's a tech trap in this case? Also, you end up at a pretty safe range.

Don't know if anyone have figured this one out yet but i'm just gonna' leave this right hERE for you to try out

44K~BE, 6BK, 33AA~BE (101 dmg)

88B, (2G) WR KK (64 dmg)
88B, (2G) WR KK~BE (79 dmg)
This combo works actully. It's the timing that can be a little tricky. You should start pressing the K button just about your opponent is about to land after the 88B. As the opponent is in the air you should hold down 2G so that you have the "Jie Kong Kick" ready and release it just as he's/she's about to land and then you can directly press K.

I found something interesting:

3bK ~ 3A+B (56 dmg)
A+BBK BE ~ 3A+B (103 dmg)

It connects although the opponent seems to be out of range. Only these two seem to be guaranteed. 3A+B will hit after 6BK BE and the likes, but the opponent can block. Maybe it's a tech trap in this case? Also, you end up at a pretty safe range.
With 3bK sometimes they do fall out of range, I'm not sure what causes it. I've gotten nailed for going for it when I'm out of range so you need to kind of learn to spot it although it is fairly obvious. Just if they look like they are way out of range don't go for it.

Good to know, I'll keep an eye out. Oh and of course it's supposed to be 3kB, I'll change that to avoid any confusion.

66BBB 3BKK (81 DMG)

Close range for last hit to land 44B 3AB B (73 DMG)

Guaranteed at tip range 88_22B G 3BKK (90 DMG If not done correctly foe is able to air control to their back left or right.)

A+B K BE 44k (111 DMG)

CH 66BBB into either 3kB or CE. Thats about it. Oh yeah you can go for 9K if you're bad at 3kB plus you can get a random Clean Hit.

:B+K: REM :B: :6::B::K: :B+K: REM :B: :2::A+B:

This combo ONLY works if the first :B+K: REM GIs AND you hit the REM :B: IMMEDIATELY! If you pause even a little bit, the opponent will be able to tech out of the second :B+K: REM :B:.

I updated the original post with Regular and Counter Hit combos, including all valid ones that have been posted in this thread. Keep 'em coming folks, especially wall combos. Gotta work on finishing up the Wall combo list.

:B+K: REM :B: :6::B::K: :B+K: REM :B: :2::A+B:

This combo ONLY works if the first :B+K: REM GIs AND you hit the REM :B: IMMEDIATELY! If you pause even a little bit, the opponent will be able to tech out of the second :B+K: REM :B:.
I've tested this extensively just now, even had the CPU recorded to autoGI me and do the combo immediately, and I could always tech out of the second REM B.

It's possible that when he had the AI trying to ukemi, he had it set to Random. Random will also randomize no ukemi at all.

CH 66BBB into either 3kB or CE. Thats about it. Oh yeah you can go for 9K if you're bad at 3kB plus you can get a random Clean Hit.

So the Clean Hit spark thing is just a random thing and not something like a just frame? Was wondering how to re-create the clean hit property.

Don't know if anyone have figured this one out yet but i'm just gonna' leave this right hERE for you to try out

44K~BE, 6BK, 33AA~BE (101 dmg)

88B, (2G) WR KK (64 dmg)
88B, (2G) WR KK~BE (79 dmg)

This combo works actully. It's the timing that can be a little tricky. You should start pressing the K button just about your opponent is about to land after the 88B. As the opponent is in the air you should hold down 2G so that you have the "Jie Kong Kick" ready and release it just as he's/she's about to land and then you can directly press K.

This is my favorite combo from 88B right now. Easily does over 80 dmg if you time the JF BE. Reminds me of yun-seong's 8KKK. Thank you for this!

Of course don't ever attempt this if the opponent's back is to the edge of the ring...

Ya that combo doesn't do as much as just BT B+K though. The JF BE does but i mean that's meter....

I'd only do it if MY back was to the edge lol

I know something simple like CH :6: :B: :K: :2: :A+B: is a stable meterless combo and works on every char.

But lately I've been using CH :6: :B: :K: :A+B: :B: as a combo for medium to larger chars. So far from exp and testing it doesn't work on smaller chars. The first hit will whiff and they can tech and you're open. But consistently with other chars all three hits connect doing more dmg than :2: :A+B: and it leaves me close to them on wakeup. Usually I try to follow up with another :6: :B: or a mixup depending on the situation.

Has anyone else attempted to use this? or tested the oki afterwards? And is this a viable meterless option after CH :6: :B: :K:? Or is there something better? I would like to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Generally speaking why even use 22B?

3B is safer, has much better range, 3BKK isn't hard to confirm and does 71 damage which is only 1 point less damage. I mean there is the ring out option but it's not that hard to see through.

I just can't find a legitimate reason to be using 22B. If there is please let me know.

22B is godly if used well and sparingly. Its a TC-ing (And later TJ-ing) Step-ing Mid wiff punisher for 74+ damage. Ducks most high horizontal step catchers and all regular grabs while stepping many vertical mid launchers.

3B doesn't have virtually any of these evasive qualities. Not necessarily meaning one is better than the other, but really just that these moves are to be used in different situations and not really interchangeably.

Back