XXX - Xianghua Vid Thread

lol, his first 2 vids are against X's toughest matchups
As you saw - don't whiff against Hilde, try a little more 2K (it has perfect tracking) and dont be afraid to use move that are less safe than u would usually throw out.

In both your matchups try to use more 11A+K and 22K

Against sophie - you did really well, i would suggest a little more 44B if the sophie is aggressive, but when she is passive and defensive - less SXS off of blocked moves

Also, learn the "relaunch": 25B->33->Blue SXS B - they will get caught if they try to get up right away or tech right away, only delayed rolls avoid it completely

Kayane's Xianghua vs L.J.'s Raphael :

Thats a really really bad Ralph player. He ate 2*5B way more than he should have, VE A got punished with FC3b everytime yet he still did it.

Nice X, but Kayane you should really stop Doing SXS taunt after 214 B+G~412B~1. Thats not a good idea against characters with long range, or anyone for that matter, you give up good momentum and the chance of taking unnecessary damage to gain 1 extra stock (2 if you get hit during your taunt which you where).

Dude its not the Raph player who is really bad, its Kayane who is fucking good. He ate so much 2*5Bs cause Raphael is very linear and stepable. Kayane knew when to use it and did this very well. As you can see she has some Anti Raph Knowledge.

Its hilarious that somebody who thinks the guys name is "RaLph" posts stuff like "he is very very bad" after watching a 2 minute Video against one of the best players worlwide who has 10 Years experience in high Level play.

I wanna see you play against Kayane, lol. Of course you would have always used an Antistepmove ON REACTION against 2*5B. Its not that easy.

Dude its not the Raph player who is really bad, its Kayane who is fucking good. He ate so much 2*5Bs cause Raphael is very linear and stepable. Kayane knew when to use it and did this very well. As you can see she has some Anti Raph Knowledge.

Its hilarious that somebody who thinks the guys name is "RaLph" posts stuff like "he is very very bad" after watching a 2 minute Video against one of the best players worlwide who has 10 Years experience in high Level play.

I wanna see you play against Kayane, lol. Of course you would have always used an Antistepmove ON REACTION against 2*5B. Its not that easy.

When did i EVER say Kayane wasnt good?! I said the raph player was bad becus he was a terrible raph, no matter how many times Kayane punished VE A on by ducking the high and got a free launch he still did it, and in every video i have seen he still did it, he doesnt learn, and Kayane capitalized on his bad habits. I never said Kayane wasnt good i simply said the raph is bad and yes he is fucking terrible. I play lots of good raphs and this guy isnt one of them period, my opinion.

As for the 2*5 B's Kayane did it becus he knew the raph would do something stupid and eat it, as much as kayane threw it out there you would think the raph player would be more cautious. A good raphs job is to keep X out becus raph range far exceeds X's ofcourse that's easier said then done but this guy tried to do toe to toe with X, who is faster than him at close range, very evasive which suck for him seeing how linear he is. If that raph player has 10 years of experience and dont know after hundreds of matchs verse X, NOT to attempt VE+A on BLOCK becus its easy to duck the 2nd hit on reaction and punish, then thats sad.

Also Raph's 3BBB:B combos is ONLY guaranteed on ch hit, on normal hit X's gets a free AAB on Ch if they attempt the JF, OR X can just block the JF ending which leave her in crouching at +21 and get a free wsFC3B combo. This move can be hit checked WAY in advance yet the raph just keeped mashing B. Your telling me thats 10 years of experience?

The only thing i critiqued about Kayane was not SXS taunting after the grab becus raph got a free 3~prep BB becus of it. (Check 2nd video at 0:22 to see what i mean) Next time read before your opening your mouth.

Lol, man. Kayane is the one with almost ten years of experience in high level game, not the Raph.Dont make yourself ridicolous. I just wanted to say that its ridicolous to call somebody "VERY VERY BAD" after watching a 2 min vid against a world elite player.

I don know which post you read, cause i never said anything about you disrespecting Kayane.
Its about not beeing able to judge whether a player is just bad or he just plays against the worlds best. Calling somebody very very bad is easy. I wanna see you play against Kayane, honestly.

Maybe it was his first time against a top player? Maybe he is actually quite good and was suprised by her Anti Knowledge? You cant switch your habits in one round.
Next time you give a statement check your word choice, and maybe consider the circumstances. Or do whatever you do.

Hello.

Docvizzo: Kalas needs to tune some elements in his game.

Kalas versus sophitis:

1. He needs to learn to step better. he also needs to dare to step. A lot of the 1B+Ks, which evaded verticals could have been 2_85 Bs.

2. Kalas needs to use better mixups IMO. He does mix up but they are generally low on damage, and have little punch on the whole round. The mixups he used are generalyl BB/throw, 1A with a couple of mids... some 1Ks and 1kAs, a good number of SXS K and SXS throw mixups and some A+K mixups. There were some vain attempts at mixing up an iFC3B with a throw.

What he can do to improve them: Throw should be mixed with step B or an instant FC3B in close range. If he were to do either, it is very important to do the mid in throw range. If not the opponent will not be compelled to consider ducking. In the matches, he did the mid out of throw range, making the mixup ineffective. In order for 1K and 1kA to be effective, Kalas should aim to do it at tip range. Tip range is soo important for this mix up because it allows the moves to hit later. also it makes the moves more visible. With more visibility and time, the probabilty of the opponent getting tricked by the visuals is increased.

I personally think he should do less 33 into SXS. Her best transitions should be used. I feel that in order for a transition to be good, the opponent must be tricked into blocking low, only to have SXS in their face. this is because frames are wasted when your character stands up, putting you at disadvantage for a SXS mixup. Her best transitions are FC3b, FC2[A+B], 11, 2[B+K] and 6 IMO.

66A+K was used well to get in to sophie in one point of time.. It was blocked in the middle. X was then at -2 and he should have used the space and frames to his advantage to get in more. He should have spotted that situation and used it to its max.

I like how he had a good idea of X's abare, as seen from his use of 1A+B and 44Bs at certain points in the match. However he needs to hitcheck better. Sometimes he used her evasive attacks when he was at advantage.

I hope it helps.

Thanks a lot ShenYuan, i will forward this to him.

Any further critics or tips are appreciated, of course ;)

greetings,doc.

Don't be so hard with LJ, he never plays versus Xiang and I know Raph a little. And my game style perturbs a lot persons who don't play often against me because of my aggressivity.

Yeah for the stance taunt after special throw you're right, i don't have to do it versus characters with long range, but i thought he would do nothing. It was just a test to see if he would react :)

You'll see soon vids of my X during the last tournament in France and during Hayate's session versus Malek (ivy).

Here are some new vids me VS Malek (Ivy) during a first to 10 that i won 10-5 :

(the better match :) )

Hope you'll like it, I'm really better versus Ivy now...I remember some of your advices when I play so I thank you. ;)

I like the use of that 4 A+B to parry one of Malek's moves. Good matches...I can't/will not offer any critiques because I'm still trying to figure out Ivy to so these vids are a good start, thanks.

Man...bullrush is such an annoying move. I'd say sidestep or use moves like 1 B+K (Think that's the right notation) but I'm not so sure about using it at close range...hmmm will look into it more. You do a great job against the wall (X is nasty against the wall lol). I'll comment more once I see more vids (stupid slow connection).

Hi Xianghua-Players!

I'm Kalas, the German Xianghua-player docvizzo has spoken of. I've started playing SC 2 years ago, so I started with SC3.
Well, I've visited the X-Forum quite often and I thought it was time to register and enter the international community.

At first, I want to say that I'm very grateful to Serge and Shen Yuan for giving me those hints. :) Hilde is really hard to deal with, I think.
Here in Germany, I play a lot with Sacharja. We both are in the same German SC-Team and practice approximately once in a month. He plays Hilde, too, and I want to share my second matches against a Hilde with you.
Hope that some of you can help me here, too. :)

@ Kayane
I watched all your SC4 videos with Xianghua and I'm very very impressed of them! Keep the very good work up. I'm really looking forward to see more of those great matches against Saitoh and other French Top-Players. :)

Greets, Kalas

Hi Xianghua-Players!

I'm Kalas, the German Xianghua-player docvizzo has spoken of. I've started playing SC 2 years ago, so I started with SC3.
Well, I've visited the X-Forum quite often and I thought it was time to register and enter the international community.

At first, I want to say that I'm very grateful to Serge and Shen Yuan for giving me those hints. :) Hilde is really hard to deal with, I think.
Here in Germany, I play a lot with Sacharja. We both are in the same German SC-Team and practice approximately once in a month. He plays Hilde, too, and I want to share my second matches against a Hilde with you.
Hope that some of you can help me here, too. :)

@ Kayane
I watched all your SC4 videos with Xianghua and I'm very very impressed of them! Keep the very good work up. I'm really looking forward to see more of those great matches against Saitoh and other French Top-Players. :)

Greets, Kalas

welcome to the site Kalas. i really enjoyed your X vid on Youtube. good stuff

Kalas : I like your X too because she's aggressive as mine :) I appreciate that really.
Something troubles me, in France and USA we don't use 8way run like you do but we step guard. I think you should replace 8wr for step guard, you wouldn't be touched so easily after.
At the end of the round, sometimes you do SXS3 K, do you miss the taunt (maybe you play with a stick?)? It's too bad to lose the stance like that :s
Try to do the difference between AA in counter or neutral in order to do the B, we have the time to see it. :) I advice you to use the WS A+B instead the 11K for a low.

I'm glad you like my X ;)

Kayane: Good play in the recent tourney in Chelles. I was thoroughly impressed. You have nailed many of the same ideas i had but applied them in excellent and different ways. Keep it up. I might not be able to make it to evo, and if that is so, im really leaving it to you to show them how strong X is :) So yeah... Tres bien!

Ill look to putting up some vids of our play soon. Its gone a long long long way since our past vids. However my X is a lot more defensive and likes to apply a lot of spacing. Still i believe its another way to play her effectively and i happen to find that really fun :/ haha.

Kalas : I like your X too because she's aggressive as mine :) I appreciate that really.
Something troubles me, in France and USA we don't use 8way run like you do but we step guard. I think you should replace 8wr for step guard, you wouldn't be touched so easily after.
At the end of the round, sometimes you do SXS3 K, do you miss the taunt (maybe you play with a stick?)? It's too bad to lose the stance like that :s
Try to do the difference between AA in counter or neutral in order to do the B, we have the time to see it. :) I advice you to use the WS A+B instead the 11K for a low.

I'm glad you like my X ;)

Kayane: Thanks for your comments and compliments. :)
Well, normally I don't use 8wayrun that often, but against Hilde, I'm always afraid of her C3B. That's the reason why I used 8wayrun so often. 1B+K helps against C3B, but she also has C3A. So Hilde has always advantage with her possibilities. Need to fight some more against this RO-monster. ;)
Yes, you're right about the SXS mistake I made. I play with the normal PS3-pad and sometimes the K+G becomes K. It's very bad that this happens in a match, you're right.
In general I have no problems no see the AA on normal hit or on counter hit. But Sacharja knows that I'm at -2 after AA, so he attacks very often after he has got hit by AA. That's why I sometimes do the B on normal hit, to make Sacharja block even when he's at -2. I really hate the negative frames of her AA.

I like using 8WR as part of my general playstyle. Can someone kindly explain step guard? Is it exactly what it sounds like? Stepping and guarding on reaction rather than using 8WR at all?

Back