XXX - Xianghua Vid Thread

I like using 8WR as part of my general playstyle. Can someone kindly explain step guard? Is it exactly what it sounds like? Stepping and guarding on reaction rather than using 8WR at all?

8wayrunning is not half as evasive as Side Stepping. Alot of moves can and will still hit you during an 8wayrun, and it will count as a counter it. Also your opponent has time to react to your 8wayrunning.

Step guard is more evasive and a lot safer. To step guard you simple tap 2_8 and guard right after. But you also need to be extremely alert becus if our opp, whiffed you need to punish me hard for it, and not let the free frames you just got rewarded go to waste.

Also keep in mind Side step start up frames is i6, so if your at a -7+ frame advantage and try to SS, depending on how fast the opponents attack is, it will stop you from stepping even if that move was a linear one. But of course the opponents attack would have to be 13 frames or faster to hit you out of your SS attempt.

Example:
X's WR B leaves her at -7, Side stepping takes 6 frames to start up, you are one frame over your limit, so if you try to SS the buffer window wont allow you and you will get hit.

The math: your at -7, the attack your opponent uses is 14 frames, 14-7= 7 frames. Meaning by the time that 14 frame attacks hits you, you had 7 frames to do what what you want. Since no character has a 7 frame attack that would interrupt that, you can spend your 7 frames of freedom a couple of ways.
A. Gi which is only 3 frames, or
B. Side step which is 6 frames.
If the opponent wants to stop your SS attempt the move must either be an anti step attack or 13 frames or faster.

X has ALOT of moves that leave her at -6 or less, so making your opponent scared to attack X after she is so safe is a part of her pressure game. They can either attack with verticals and get a 2_5 B launcher, or 1B+k, or 66A+B, Do a high and have it crushed by aK, or 44AA (Both TC's in the 4th frame). 3B+K which is safe Tc's and rapes SG, Or eat 44B which also TC's and avoid close range attacks.

I think to truly master X is to stay extremely evasive, and aggressive but also safe, which the safe part isnt hard at all, X is very safe. The point is make your opponent fear attacking after she is and a slight disadvantage and this is when you can totally mess there heads up. Make them Fear 44b, 44a, aK, 1b+k, Gi's. Slow them now and cut through there momentum like a knife! haha

Thanks for explaining that to me, Alex. I don't always use a 8wayrun move everytime I step, each situation is very different. I'm already doing what you just explained to me, I just never heard the terminology "stepguard" before (SCIV is the first I've taken seriously). I wasn't sure if it was some secret technique that I've never seen before.

These boards have helped me to understand the intricacies of the game immensely. I understand which of X's moves are quick, which are punishers and which leave her vulnerable just through sheer playtime. I'm just not sure if I want to take the plunge and start studying frame data. I'm a visual learner, I learn by doing, math was never my strong suit.

Hi everybody,

You can see vids of my Xiang against Malek's Ivy here, it was during the last ranking tournament in Paris
:

I was too frustrated to play against a character faster than Xianghua, i never played against a Taki's player before...so when i thought i had advantages to hit him, he beats me with Taki's AAB ! Well, i will train hard against Taki, i don't want to lose against her again !!!!!!

hm nice matches ..but your style reminds me the style of COP DT7 its just the same ^^ somehow funny..but anyway...to bad that on the last match agains taki that ya throw to much AAB .....but it was a good fight =)
its not a shame to lose against taki ;)

Great Job K, against Taki 1B+K is your best friend. Great job interupting all her strings. There is only a hand full of characters that can interupt taki's stings and you did a good job. Id say swich up your grabs more. Her command grab is sexy I admit, but once they fear the 70 dmg grab or more with wall, and they start spamming B grab breaks end there life with A grabs. All of X grabs are stong so mess with there head.

Great iFC 3B's Glad im not the only one that loves that move to death lol. Id say a little mess AAB and just AA. Becus he punish AAB alot baiting it, and also he got to the point where he was so afraid of X evasivness and quickness that he just sat there at waited to block 44b, AAB ect. I found it funny how you had him that scared, that he was afraid to attack with TAKI lol. Good Job you'll get him next time.

Here are my videos from my trip in the US, some of my matches in tournament and some FT5.

First to 5/10 :

Kayane (X) VS Ceirnian (HIL) : 5-3
Part 1 :
Part 2 :
Part 3 :

Kayane (X) VS Belial (Mitsu) : 10-9 (not all because of the battery)
Part 1 :
Part 2 :

Kayane (X) VS Oofmatic (Vader) : 5-4
Part 1 :
Part 2 :

Kayane (X) VS Kura (Talim) : 5-3
Part 1 :
Part 2 :

Kayane (X) VS JTO (Cassandra) : 5-3
Part 1 :
Part 2 :

Kayane (X) VS Shenrii (Nightmare) : 5-0
Part 1 :
Part 2 :

At Nationals :

Kayane (X) VS Nori (Cervantes) in Winner bracket : 2-0

Kayane (X) VS KDZ (Maxi, Cassandra) in Winner bracket : 2-1

Kayane (X) VS RTD (Hilde) in Looser bracket : 1-2

At Internationals :

Kayane (X) VS Oofmatic (Vader) in Winner bracket : 2-0

Kayane (X) VS Esom (Voldo) in Winner bracket : 0-2
part 1 :
part 2 :

Kayane (X) VS Manta (Voldo) in Looser bracket : 2-0

Kayane (X) VS Something-Unique (Kilik) in Looser bracket : 0-2

Sorry for the bad quality of the matches -__- when i record on a cathodic tv, it's really bad. :(

Hey everyone!

Since Sacharja is too lazy to update the thread showing some German videos, I'll post my videos here.
Those videos were recorded during the German Nationals, EBO, last month.
Except for the last two ones, those matches were all tournament-matches.

Unfortunately, my FT5's against PB*Neo4Life and docvizzo, which I won, haven't been recorded (or the records got lost^^).

Hope you enjoy them, I'd like to get some comments. :)

Greets, Kalas

I suppose this belongs in here as well.

[youtube=Xianghua Crouch Throw Tech Traps Pt. II]kqTNXRI20gk[/youtube]

this is my attempt at playing X. tell me what ya think
I have no idea why there were no reactions to your video so far. In fact, your X is very solid.

On the plus side: very good spacing (well, your experience with other chars considered, it's not a huge revelation :)); great use of 2K, WS K and 1B+K; consistent and well-timed iFC3Bs; overall, a safe evasion/counterattack playstyle (well, you main Sophie, as far as I can see, so it's not that surprising :)), when you play evasion/counterattack, that is - I admit I don't like it when you start being shamelessly offensive and, consequently, somewhat linear, as in general, X is not suited for pure pressure/offense :(

On the minus side: the follow-up to 4K was somewhat hectic (I fully understand playing vs. a very strong Cass is definitely not a piece of cake, so one is expected to miss a few opportunities); that 4B+K in the second round was... well, risky :); I get the impression you love 3A(K) dearly, while 11A+K or even 1A would fit into your overall playstyle much better (see my remark considering eva/counter vs. pressure/offensive); I see no 66A+K at all (!!!), no 22_88K, and virtually no 3B+K (until the last round!) incorporated into your game - any particular reason?

All in all, I like your X :)

Hi everybody !!
I won sunday my first french tournament at SC4 with Xianghua, it was a simple elimination parisian ranking of 72players !!!! I'm really proud :)

I had to play against Keev in final, the best Nightmare from France :

I won 3-1. And soon i'll post my vids against Belial that i met in semi finals and Kero my brother who plays Ivy that i met in 1/4th finals.

What can I say? Congratulations, it's a well-deserved victory. Your X is as close to being flawless as it gets :) Great spacing, ideal safety, impeccable blocking. Sharp and clean. Looking forward for your vids vs. Belial. That will prove to be interesting, his Mitsu never ceases to amaze me.

PS: I've noticed your controller/stick setup is somewhat unusual (at least, very different from the one I use with X). What is it, exactly? :)

Thank you :)

I have a virtua stick high grade modded for PS3 and XBOX360, nothing in particular in my setup, I just put B+G and K+G ;)

I just put B+G and K+G ;)

Yeah, that must be it :)

After this victory, Namco just have to name their forthcoming SCV boss Kayane, you know! :-P That is the tendency, I think, judging from that SC: BD character named after you :))

Indeed, at least as long as they don't dress you in Sophitia-P1-like costume! :-)

Back