Yoda Legality Discussion. .hmmmm

Our job is to make sure that the rules and gameplay is as balance as possible so that everyone is relatively playing by the same rules. Until a patch is put out to make Yoda throwable I think he should stay ban.
Wrong.

Your job is to run a tournament and set FAIR rules. Not "balance the gameplay", that's Namco's job. And they did a good job balancing Yoda into the game with his strength's and weaknesses.

Even tho you don't play yoda no more, I do see what you are doing.
Some more points to mention is:
...i think that -_- guy is the one that asked me for advice for playing with yoda so he can pick him up.

lol. advice.

Well you did.

for arguements sake, yes demarcus. i asked you for advice on how to use yoda.

anyhow. dfg posted why he was banned. because of the throw factor. that still isn't a good enough reason. oof said it well "Your job is to run a tournament and set FAIR rules. Not "balance the gameplay", that's Namco's job."

Philbond said it well too..."Yoda, obviously, is not an unanticipated perversion to SC4. The programmers had to work hard to make him a part of the game, so you'd have to be an idiot to allege that his balance issues were given no consideration."

He can't be thrown. He also can't 8wayrun, do very damaging combos, doesn't have very much soul gauge, doesn't have many moves, etc...

Yo yo yo that was Dancing Fighter G droppin' the mad subjective bullshit, yo.

People have been over and over this ridiculousness. The game is jam-packed full of characters that bring exceptions to what are otherwise rules.

What a bunch of horseshit. I can't believe that's still the going rationalization.

Last serious post by me on this. Everything has been said to death and as much as I'd like to be able to use Yoda, there's too much SW character hate in general to even get past the logical side of banning him. . .

It's been proven that for every strength he has he has an equal or greater weakness to balance him. Hell he even has glitches that affect him even past those balances. . even with the ways around, these glitches exist and can affect him greatly in a match. I ask people that think he needs to be rebalanced again this:

Do you think in all honestly it'd be fair for a yoda player to have to play not only with the weaknesses already placed onto Yoda, but then to take away any of his built in strengths? This isn't a question of what would happen if say Setsuka randomly couldn't be grabbed anymore. This is a character who has serious problems, but has 2-3 elements that differ from the norm which help him have a chance to compete.

And lastly as it's been said before:
It is no one's job, but the creator's of the game to balance the cast in a game, but people here seem to think they're entitled to do so themselves.

Do people really think Yoda needs to be nerfed by making him throwable? Wow... ok.... nerf yoda, riiiight.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. OOf, you are right it's not the job of the directors to balance the gameplay of the game itself but when it comes too a tournament it is our job to provide the most fair and balance tournament possible and Yoda hurts that goal.

As for the decision to ban Yoda a poll was setup on both sites and it was pretty much a split. As for directors it was pretty much a split as well so in the end the call was made by me and I stand by it!! My decision had nothing do with if I like him or not (I personally like him) but just the intergrity of the tournament.

Remember, outside of nationals people can use Yoda in there tournaments if they wish but the goal is in this process develope sound rules for every tournament. You can go back and forth about what weaknesses he has and what strengths he as but at the end of day he does not follow the same rules as everyone thus why he is ban from nationals.

I hope this gives everyone the good reasoning for why he is ban.

I actually hope that after nationals we can use him because I want to play him myself because he is fun and a challenge!!

You know what.... it's been a long time coming for this....

Fuck the fucking NVGA, Dancing Fighter G, and the fucking piece of shit bans. Fuck the ban on the Star Wars characters, the fucking ban on Custom Characters, and the fucking ban on Bonus Characters. Hope you fucking ban happy shit heads are fucking happy. I am now.

It's their fucking tournament. They are allowed to make their rules. I accept this.

Arguement over.

Even your argument about him breaking the rules is a statement I'd take issue about. These "rules" you refer to are simply what you are accustomed to, not what have been programmed into the game.

DFG, what about people like me(although there prolly isn't) Who only play yoda, and are good with him, and Are cut from the Regionals/Nationals because They(I) can't play their(My) Main character.

You can go back and forth about what weaknesses he has and what strengths he as but at the end of day he does not follow the same rules as everyone thus why he is ban from nationals.
Voldo does not follow the same rules as everyone else too: he can block and GI from BT! Sure, just like for Yoda it's not an unfair advantage, but it doesn't follow the rules as everyone!

Will you consider banning Voldo for the same reason as Yoda, DFG?

What about Yoshi? He can regain life! That does not follow the same rules as everyone else in the game, who are only forced to have their life depleted, not restored! Just like Yoda it's not unfair but only banned because no one else can do it!

Ban Yoshi too????

Or would Yoshi need to have a light saber for you to consider it?

Yoshimitsu can fly. . .wtf. . mang. . FUCKING FLY IN THE 1500s. .WHAT. . .THE. . .FUCK. . .

This -_- guy use too many f words. but on a serious note there is no point of banning anyone when you think about it. There going to be characters that have something that so and so doesn't have. So why should we ban the character that has this awesome thingie, but no else in the game has it. Also, I wanted to say in Naruto accel 2 Sasori can't be hit with items while his back is turn, so did the boys from shin redan ban him? N-N-N-N-No they did not. It's like the boys from shin redan kne what some characters like Ino, kankuro, and sasori can do, and have found ways already around it, so no ones goes bitching about Sasori, Ino, or Kankuro whenever they lose to them.( I forgot his name.)

CY

in the end the call was made by me and I stand by it!!

Sounds like DFG is taking responsibility for being some kind of tie breaking vote who magnanimously brought finality to the issue. My question then is:

Why would anyone take banning advice from someone who can't conjugate the word "ban?" I'm sure he's a nice guy. He seems to want to be a peacemaker, but he talks like a clown. What's the deal there?

Hey!
Did you know that attack throws don't work on Yoda either?

lmao.

Back