Yoshi Gameplay Videos

What's too damn hard? Parting Thrust? Input Bug causing us trauma's right now.

NeoRussell
OK, I got it, is almost the same as in BD, maybe somewhat more strict, but I got it, tough it doesn't guarantee 1B anymore or old 66B, seems that 1B+K is better

If 66B is hard for you after iMCF try RCC bA ( If your good at RCC'ing )

I think tech traps after iMCF will be where its at... depending on the tech traps you get after certain stuns like iMCF, 66B, 66A+B,

Anyone tried tekken moves yet? I know they are there but forgot to see if they are still time based or what...

I can't RCC fast enough to connect bA. What notation are you using to get it so fast?

Also, the Tekken moves are useless now. They no longer rely on the round time. Instead, there are four tiers of moves with the best moves (Lightning Screw Uppercut, et al) being in the last tier.

At all times the Tekken moves you get are random. However, every time you hit the A+K GI, you move up a tier. This carries over from round to round. I don't have the exact details, but it's something like this:

Tier I - All the lame moves you don't want.
Tier II - You almost always get the lame moves, but sometimes you'll get an okay move.
Tier III - You usually get an okay move, sometimes you'll get a good move.
Tier IV - Usually you'll get a good move, sometimes you'll get an okay move.

Examples:
Lame Move = Ling's Taunt, Paul's Taunt into the flip.
Okay Move = Jin's Electric Parry thing, Lei's Auto-Evade stance.
Good Move = Lightning Screw Uppercut... the other unblockable as well.

I can't RCC fast enough to connect bA. What notation are you using to get it so fast?

Also, the Tekken moves are useless now. They no longer rely on the round time. Instead, there are four tiers of moves with the best moves (Lightning Screw Uppercut, et al) being in the last tier.

At all times the Tekken moves you get are random. However, every time you hit the A+K GI, you move up a tier. This carries over from round to round. I don't have the exact details, but it's something like this:

Tier I - All the lame moves you don't want.
Tier II - You almost always get the lame moves, but sometimes you'll get an okay move.
Tier III - You usually get an okay move, sometimes you'll get a good move.
Tier IV - Usually you'll get a good move, sometimes you'll get an okay move.

Examples:
Lame Move = Ling's Taunt, Paul's Taunt into the flip.
Okay Move = Jin's Electric Parry thing, Lei's Auto-Evade stance.
Good Move = Lightning Screw Uppercut... the other unblockable as well.

Ouch its already hard enough to hit that dumb A+K move as it is...

and to RCC i just tap 6 after iMCF then slide bA I can do this combo online easy...
my goto combo though is iMCF, 66B, DNK, 3B ( Soon it will be RCC 3b, a:B+K, 66A+B )

Thanks for the explanation about the tekken moves its good to know but sad at the same time lol Time based was much better.

Dr.Dogg, from what i have gathered from his tekken moves, is that they are based from how much meter you have, if you have full meter(or higher than level 1 meter and a half), you gain access to the better tekken moves, what i got for tekken moves from a full 2 meter(s):
1> Lee rocket kick
2> lightning screw uppercut
3> Heihachi's tekken evade

If you are at say a level 1 meter, roughly no more than 1 meter and half, you get these:
1> paul flip kick
2> ling taunt
3> drunken stance.
4> armor kings power bomb unblockable

However, i do believe your on to something with the use of A+K(flash), it helps to build meter gauge on succession, i also have the impression of Yoshi flash being much better than in SC4 as far as usability goes...another neat gem is you can also gain good meter from doing his unblockable cancel(4,4+b~G), this however could be universal with any character with an unblockable cancel.

Tekken moves are random as Dr.Dogg had mentioned, someone please double check for me on tekken move "levels" and see if they increase by move effectiveness based on meter gauge amount. I have pretty much determined this is how its done(I practiced this in vs mode not practice mode), which could lead to a high possibility to gain access to the moves through a combination of both higher meter gauge and use of A+K for faster meter gain, giving the ability to gain/raise meter which allows the use of certain tekken moves making them less random than they are all together. Unfortunately at the time they still seem pretty random as Dr.Dogg said., but at the same time you get access to better tekken moves the higher you meter gauge at regardless of how you gained the meter initially.

In short, you gain better tekken moves the higher you meter is, but you will still get random moves here and there, but they will be the better of the random moves, however are still random since its no longer clock based timing...hopefully my explanation on this makes sense so you can try it out yourselves.

Little vid I made...

The video was awesome. A few things to note, the combos you juggled with Parting Thrust, most of these moves misses; 66a+b, 22b, & 1b if they just tech.

The unblockables you did, the opponent stands up. Like how I made a mistake on my Infinite by not setting opponent to tech up or down.

Other than that, nice vid.

NeoRussell

The video was awesome. A few things to note, the combos you juggled with Parting Thrust, most of these moves misses; 66a+b, 22b, & 1b if they just tech.

The unblockables you did, the opponent stands up. Like how I made a mistake on my Infinite by not setting opponent to tech up or down.

Other than that, nice vid.

NeoRussell

Actually it depends on how the a:B+K hits and the combo you are doing it off of... they are also worth knowing in case your opponent isnt teching correctly...

And the UB's on the wall after those combos are guaranteed... not the max hold but the first hold to get the UB, just like old yoshi except he got the whole charge on some.

and thanks

Nice video. Well put together. You beat me to the punch. It's nice that his wall combos are pretty much the same. Especially things like 3B, 2A+BB, DNK variations.

I have to concur with NeoRussel on the UBs not being guaranteed. I recorded a similar combo in training mode and teched out of it several times.

Nice video. Well put together. You beat me to the punch. It's nice that his wall combos are pretty much the same. Especially things like 3B, 2A+BB, DNK variations.

I have to concur with NeoRussel on the UBs not being guaranteed. I recorded a similar combo in training mode and teched out of it several times.

Hmm ok surly its guaranteed somewhere... Either way its still worth a try to see if your opponent knows how to properly escape... and yea the last SC i wasnt able to record till 3 years later...

My friend did one lastnight so I said well I know enough to get people going... A more advanced one will come later of course, either way Im sure yours will still be beast... Thanks

Really nice (and super fast!) vid, Red. Will test and practice some of the BnB-looking entries.

NeoRussell beat me to the punch on the a:B+K juggles and teching to the side against 66A+B, 22B, etc. I didn’t find anything truly guaranteed in the short time I experimented with 3B a:B+K. On the other hand, following up with 66A+B was devastating to all the noobs online. I hadn’t realized how SCIV online had become so distilled into hardcore online players until SCV launched... feels like the vast majority of opponents right now are real beginners.

Wait...who won? It cuts off randomly in the last battle....great stuff, though. I will definitely have to incorporate some of those tactics into my own gameplay. []

Grand Finals for the same tournament. I have no matchup experience outside of Xiba, really. DeerDick is the guy who I had to play first round of the tournament.

I'm a Natsu main but I just started using SCV Yoshi yesterday.
Was more of practicing execution than spacing, actually. Comments for improvement? (I need to use him more against human players though) I was also playing very unsafe since I was pretty certain of winning, too.

Not bad, Frostheart. Your execution is actually better than mine. I'm still trying to get earslicer down lol. Aside from that, 236B imho is a no-no unless your opponent is cornered into a wall or they're incompetent. For now, that's pretty much what us Yoshis are supposed to do.

But like you stated, play against a human opponent and try to land what you did on that AI.

Back