Yoshimitsu Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

iMCF, 66B, 66A+B is more damage that the doorknocker follow up and 66B in this case, but if the combo starts with Parting Thrust doorknocker, 3B is the better option.

At least now the JF MCF is the only version other than the BE so you don't have to RCC to do multiple ones in a row to bait out the unshakeable stun.

Great post! Lotsa cool ideas!

Thanks man I couldve done alot more but for now this will do for a day two video...

Just wanted to go ahead and get one out there so people could see he still has plenty of combo potential....

Great combos Red. How in the hell are you doing ear slicer so consistantly?? That's impressive. lol on a controller it's almost ridiculous to do regularly. So i've pretty much taken it out of my own arsenal for guarenteed damage i can do consistantly.

Great combos Red. How in the hell are you doing ear slicer so consistantly?? That's impressive. lol on a controller it's almost ridiculous to do regularly. So i've pretty much taken it out of my own arsenal for guarenteed damage i can do consistantly.

Thanks I use a madcatz TE stick so I had to map the bottom two right buttons for a then B+K i slide like the old iMCF then bring my fingers back up to finish the combos...

My fingers got lost at first but now I got this move 90% which is about normal even in SCIV

i don't even know how i'd map my buttons on a controller lol. Man, i've been experimenting with yoshi today and his tech traps and wall combos are pretty gangster.

Very nice RedDjinn! Does anyone have any worthwhile combos after 1k/med k? Or is 8a/8a+k pretty much the only option?

So I seem to be linking 3B aB+K DNK from anywhere against Pyrrha, Nightmare, Xiba. Does this now work from anywhere on everyone? There is a step component to this, I guess. I didn't notice DNK putting me off center when I was trying it. :(

Anyone find any double/triple DNK combos?

Some b'n'b for me is:

MDF K > DNK > 3B -- SDF B > 9B+K[K] -- Reverse MDF A as they get up and try to counter attack you being back turned -- 2B+K to (reverse) Meditation -- Any option from MED.

It's not a combo so much as a very confusing string that will keep opponents guessing a shit ton (and it looks pretty wacky and stylish).

From play testing tonight, I get the impression that 6B BE has more range than iMCF since he gets a little forward movement. It's a short range emergency button that can lead to ~90-100 dmg easy. I wouldn't call it useless.

mkl: First, thanks for your input. Second, we use the abberviation DGF for Dragonfly stance on these boards. Third, as this is a combo discussion thread and this forum is tournament-centric, please focus on guaranteed combos only. I'm not knocking you, but good players might eat that string of moves the first time, but they'll punish you hard every time after that.

Awesome Vicious, please do. Great to see SC2 players still playing the game.
We old folks have to show the young'ins how Yoshimitsu is done. LOL!
--
It should be fine to post Frame Data as long as it's not the image.
The problem is you have to write them out.

NeoRussell

Back